main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kalimera - is there anyone on here from Rhodos?

Discussion in 'Archive: Greece' started by timbolton, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hi, my name is Tim, I am mainly a FF:UK poster since I live in England (also a big EU fan so I do post on the literature forums), but have been to Rhodos twice so far, and plan another visit hopefully next year. I'll try to get to Malta in the same year. I just love the place, and its history - I am very interested in the Knights Hospitaller who lived there, but also interested in ancient Greek history/art/archaeology (I did courses on ancient Greece during my time doing Art History at university).

I was just wondering if there are any Star Wars fans from that corner of Greece? And if so, what is it like to be a SW fan on Rhodos, and Greece in general.

Anyways, talk later :cool:

2. gianakin

gianakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2004
    Hello and welcome!Stick around for a while!
    As far as I know,none of us is from Rhodes,mainly from Athens,Salonika and the UK...[face_peace]

3. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Hey, Master T'Bolton. ;) Welcome to our little corner. Unfortunately, there are Greek fans only in the places gianakin mentioned.

4. Urkanoid

Urkanoid Jedi Knight star 4

May 6, 2005
    Hey timbolton, nice to have ya here![:D] It's really funny that lately I've been doing some digging of my own concerning Rhodes, Malta and the Knights Hospitaller which drove the Knights Templar off the island in the 14th century... So, I guess we have quite a lot of stuff to discuss here;). Maybe you could include Athens in your trip to Greece, get to meet all of us SW freaks...:D

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Thanks for the welcome everyone :D :cool: You all live in a very beautiful country, very lucky ;)

Starkeiller, you don't post on the Dark Horse forums do you?

Urkanoid - great! That will be cool to discuss one of my favourite places in the world :D I have plenty of books/documents on Rhodes if you need any help with references or stuff. There is also a good novel based on the second siege of Rhodes in 1522 called "Shadow of God" by Anthony A. Goodman ;)
    I would love to make it Athens at some point, maybe when I get to Rhodes, not sure. I studied the Parthenon in my first year at University, and is somewhere I always wanted to go.

I'll post more later, don't worry if I vanish for a while, always seem to be busy somewhere lol.

6. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    "Shadow of God"? [face_thinking] Hmm, this sounds interesting... I might as well check it out...;) :D

7. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    It covers both the Muslim story and the Knights of Rhodes story - I wouldn't say it is the best read ever, but it is good and gives you an idea about what the siege would have been like.

This is the book on UK Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1402201508/qid=1131476078/sr=8-5/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i5_xgl/202-6103350-8097449

:D

8. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    Thanks!;) :)

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Np :cool:

And I am such a forgetful person lol! I should have realised that it is the same Starkeiller I know from the DHC boards - yep, I got my name in a comic guys lol - was a Jedi Master called "T'Bolton" in the Republic comic series for one issue, I die quite quickly lmao!

Hope you are well Starkeiller :cool: I have to start posting back on the DHC forums, I got waylaid somewhere on the way back.

10. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Hrmph! Just because you become a Jedi Master you forget the people that got you there!

[face_not_talking] [face_shame_on_you] ;) :p

11. SithLOrd_REvan

SithLOrd_REvan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    Welcome to FFGR Tim !

Kai Patra ! Egw kai o SithLord_Malak brikia kollame ? :p

12. Urkanoid

May 6, 2005
    Shame on you Master Starkeiller...[face_not_talking] Forgeting our friends, are we?:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.