main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Kaminoans Krazy Kloning Konundrum (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 4, 2021.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder if Tarkin is actually waiting for Crosshair to resist the chip. What if getting Crosshair's inhibitor chip upgraded and sicking him on his former team is meant to be a test of the inhibitor chip to see if he will eventually be able to overcome it or something else will break it. Is it possible for his old teammate to eventually reach him? One soldier could show the entire base of clones can be compromised. Just the thought inhibitor chips won't be effective forever is probably not ideal for Imperial Soldiers.

If there is a rebellion it will probably take a season or two.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  2. Darth Jedi Ren

Darth Jedi Ren Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2021
    I think Tarkin does want the whole batch to end up dead. Thinks they are bad

-Jedi Knight Fett

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe the Empire wanted people to think that the Stormtroopers were still clones so that people would fear them more?

Shadao and Glitterstimm like this.
  4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Maybe, but the Empire also seems to promoting this patriotic safe society thing, and wants conscripts from local worlds to achieve this.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  5. Darth Jedi Ren

Darth Jedi Ren Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2021
    The average citizen seemed to look down on clones as lesser so maybe

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If the Kaminoans can implant Order 66 into the Clones, then of course they can implant whatever else they wish.
    The Robocop Directive. Their product can't hurt the company that made them.

Maybe The Emperor or Tarkin understand the danger of that mixed loyalty.

7. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017

It could be some combination of the two, the Stormtroopers are both a political project and a military one. Maybe the Empire promotes them as a kind of seemless transition from the Grand Army of the Republic to the New Order. One thing that distinguishes troopers is their fanaticism, which rivals the clones even though they're "regular" humans. They still have that psychological/political purity.

It might be way too late for this, but my hope is that when/if we see the genesis of the Stormtroopers in Bad Batch, they are imposing, competent and deadly. It feels like ancient history, but I remember them being some serious dudes back when I watched the OT for the first time. In ANH and ESB, they totally wash their counterparts on the rebel side, and it's not until the Endor Ewok shenanigans that they get played for fools. They don't really get beat when the Falcon blasts out of Mos Eisley, or the Death Star, or Cloud City, the heroes are having to book it because they can't beat them in a straight up fight. I love when they roll up behind Lando on Bespin and you know Han Leia and Chewie are ****ed. The Stormtroopers used to be scary dudes.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The citizens at large in the Republic were completely happy to not enlist in The Clone War and let the Clones bred to die fight instead. A senator outright says this in "Pursuit of Peace". But citizens were so tired of brownouts and cold showers from Clone Troopers bankrupting the republic I bet they will be happy to see them go sooner than later. I can't wait to see the Propaganda used to make citizens enlist.

9. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Part of the propaganda effort would be rebuilding the galactic economy. Hiring citizens could be marketed as a patriotic move that would lift local economies. And of course it would put people to work because the Empire would make its own rules, and they could strip worlds of any resource without environmental or ethical restriction.

So this military industrial policy would like be popular at first until worlds begin to die and the conscripts realize they are little more than slaves.

The real idea here is that conscripts can just be conscripted in an Empire. Loyalty and patriotism are mandatory, or else. So there's no real need to actually pay the troopers well. You simply execute or imprison them if they aren't obedient.

That's what Tarkin and the Empire want. They want slaves, suffering, and profit.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  10. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    It could be like this, but also there could be the promise of colonization. Many of the Roman Empire's soldiers were promised land in payment for service, they would eventually own the people they conquered. The Galactic Empire's human-dominant ideology could facilitate imperial wars like our own history, to pacify the CIS systems.

11. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Agree 100%. The Moffs and Imperial Governors certainly thought this way. And the Imperials might make lower figures in the hierarchy believe military prowess could lead to territory and political power. And the lowest, most brutal sycophant's could actually rise this way. Krennic was this kind of figure.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  12. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    @The Chalk Jedi speaking of Krennic, and by relation the Death Star, that reminds me of an old debate regarding the political agenda of Palpatine and the Empire. This might be veering into off-topic stuff but I'll try to bring it back.

In ANH, there is a generally understood politics of the Death Star, that it is an instrument of terror which invests the state with an unprecedented monopoly of violence. It's not a weapon so much as a scepter, its threat is more important than its actual devastation, kind of like atom bombs. This interpretation is an imperial Galactic Empire. Palpatine wants to control the galaxy like Alexander or Napoleon, a ruler, and the Death Star forces rebels to submission rather than extermination.

But there is another interpretation, which is that Palpatine - seeing infinite futures through The Force and approaching imminent immortality - wanted the Death Star to be an instrument of annihilation. Coruscant wouldn't be the capital of the GFFA anymore, the Death Star would be, and eventually it would be the only planet if that's what it took. This interpretation is a totalitarian Galactic Empire. Secluded in the depth-less darkness of the Imperial Palace and assailed by malignant prophecies he saw only death.

The Kaminoans are smart guys, they have to know that Palpatine is going off-script so to speak. I wonder what their "last straw will be," or whether they've already decided to turn against him. Wouldn't be surprised if they still have complete control over the clones in one way or another.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Any other spot the ATOC cameo with prime minister and Tarkin, Tau wee.

14. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Wha wa-, what? Is Tarkin in AOTC? I never noticed that

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah, lol. She's in this new episode.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    No, I don't think they did it, but I think they should have ;)

But from some canon material, we do know that at least some clones did serve the Empire for years to come, potentially until the OT era.

17. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    From my understanding, Stormtrooper training varied from system to system, so Stormies could range from anywhere between elite, feared shock troops and incompetent buffoons, mostly somewhere in between.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Here is the legendary TaunWe.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Dad TaunWe’s here

20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Against the empire, I don't think they want to stick their necks out.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    did Yarael Poof survive Order 66 in canon or is that me imagining things? If so maybe that bodes well for the long neck-ed.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    SeparatistFan and Riv_Shiel like this.
  22. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It’s surprising that in Legends we never saw anything of Lama Su after the formation of the Empire, even the clone rebellion/Kamino uprising as awesome as it was still had Lama Su absent - leaving his fate a complete mystery.

Thankfully the Bad Batch is correcting this error and will hopefully do a better take on the story.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think he got a job in a cafeteria, but I could be wrong.

TK-421 Is vader and MrDarth0 like this.
  24. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    We know Kamino still exists at the time of the Mando. That Dr. guy is a Kaminoan employee, correct?

It's interesting that humans seem to play a stronger role there post-Empire.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That doesn’t bode well