main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kanjiklub (Tell that to them!) and/or Bala-Ti in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BigAl6ft6, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    c'mon Man, you don't really believe that.

Oh wait, you said DISNEY Star Wars....ok, yeah, it could easily be up there then.

They haven't been very quotable so far have they? My friend and I have spent the last 30 years quoting Star Wars to each other, but we haven't done it much since TFA.

Apart from 'Such Spunk!' which just stunned me at the cinema and I use all the time now. Especially at the end of .....wait....rules.....better not !

2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I've found that TFA seems to be a lot more quotable than TLJ, apart from those quoted ironically. *cough* saving what we love *cough*

3. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Some gangsters in IX could be fun.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I find Rogue One, Solo and TFA very quotable, in that order. TLJ a little less so, but there are some great lines in there as well. It's simply a denser, less quippy script.

We need some gangsters/ shady cats in IX. Though DJ was decent in TLJ, the galaxy felt less socially textured in that film.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    We need more Bala Tik. I've been a fan of his since day one. I think him and that woman from Maz's bar who gets on her intercom when she sees BB8 are two people who could really provide representation for some of the murky areas throughout the galaxy that do not consist solely of the Resistance fighting the First Order. In the OT, by the second installment, we had Jabba, Bounty Hunters, Lando, all kinds of characters that didn't fit into the Empire vs Rebels mold. In the ST, we have none of that. I thought we were going to get it, based on the appearance of Bala Tik and the woman in Maz's bar, given that they had significant screen time, relatively speaking, for supposedly non-important characters. But then, TLJ did nothing to expand on that. DJ didn't do anything, that whole save the animals sequence fell flat anyway. I want muddy waters in my Star Wars.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My favorite line to quote from the ST is: "Finn, let me learn you something big. It's all a machine, partner. Live free, don't join." I don't know why but I love saying that line. :p

7. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I hope they pull DJ back in for some sort of resolution in 9; although, now that I'm typing this, it would be kind of fitting of the character for him to have been paid and fly off into the ether.

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I quite enjoyed the new derogatory name: Moofmilker! :p

Right up there with Nerfherder IMO!

Whipstir, Bor Mullet, 11-4D and 2 others like this.
  9. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Also loved that they reused the phrase in Solo.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I missed that-I gotta see Solo again!

11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If one is a herder of nerfs, what are nerfs?

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    An animal that one herds.

The insult is the equivalent of “hillbilly.”

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  13. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    I simply cannot get excited about Bala-Tik. Whilst I don't doubt Brian Vernel's acting credentials for one moment the character is so miscast!

I appreciate Bala-Tik was a negotiator and had muscle with him but he looks so juvenile I can't for one moment think any space pirate would be remotely intimidated by him!

I thought the Bala-Tik, Kanjiklub and Rathtar scene was without doubt the weakest scene of the film (that I otherwise thoroughly enjoyed).

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Hoping to learn that The Rock has been cast as a member of Jumanjiklub.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.