main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    I feel so left out, being unable to get OR/AS for another two or three months.

In the meantime I took a listen to the OR/AS battle themes. Except for some which were recycled, the actual remixed ones all sounds just wonderful. The R/S/E soundtrack, which already sounded pretty good because of its usage of the trumpets, somehow was made to sound even better in OR/AS.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Off to get my Omega Ruby today. Hopefully it comes with a Groudon statue

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It seems the suppliers done messed up with the statues. I ordered online and I didn't get so I contacted my local store who were going to put one by but the message didn't get passed on. It seems that they just didn't supply anywhere near enough of them to anyone. Kind of annoyed but it's not the shop's fault. They're going to let me know when more arrive though, so that's something to look forward to. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying it so far. I loved the intro for it. The only thing I'm not sure about is why the whole game isn't in 3D.

Also, there's a pokemon you can get through the mystery gift thing that has Hold Back (I think) as a move. It's great for capturing pokemon as it won't ever knock them out but they will be super weak and should be easy to catch.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I couldn't get a statue either, but I got the steel book edition.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  6. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Yeah watching that HT of Pokémon Red and Blue, at least the part of "Starring", never ceases to be funny. Gold and Silver was a little less funny, but funny all the same.

The best thing is, now that they've done Gen I and II, it's only a matter of time until they do Gen III, IV, V, and VI.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  7. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Is anyone familiar with Poke Bank? I was thinking about transferring my Pokemon from X & Y to Alpha Sapphire but I've noticed that it removes any items a Pokemon may be holding. I don't want to loose my Mega stones obtained in X & Y, however if they are all available across AS & OR then it is not so much a problem...

8. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Items and eggs can't be transferred, that's the rut.

And while items that were in X/Y can be transferred to OR/AS, it can't be the other way around for some stupid reason.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've sent over a load of lvl 1 hatched Pokémon to get me through the main game on OR. That has made it slightly easy so far though, I have a team that can deal with any gym leader & trainer I encounter. Plus any transferred Pokémon get boosted xp so they level up faster.

I'm holding my legends & megas back in X&Y to be traded over later via a friend who has the game

10. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    I hate not being able to load eggs. UGH. WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THESE UNHATCHED AND UNLOVED POKEMON?!

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Hatch them & send them over. That's what I do

12. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wi...stribution_announced_for_American,_PAL_region

The fully-evolved Unova starter Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities will be available to American and PAL region Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire using universal serial codes. Serperior is already available for American and PAL region games.
    All three Pokémon will be available until Nov. 30, 2015. Serperior became available today using the special password POKEMON497, as revealed on Pokémon.com, the same as the Japanese distribution. Emboar will be available starting Jan. 29, 2015, with its special password to be revealed on Pokémon.com. Samurott will be available starting Feb. 5, 2015, with its special password to be revealed in a Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter (users must be signed up to receive the newsletter before Jan. 31, 2015).
    Serperior is at level 50, has its Hidden Ability Contrary and knows the moves Leaf Storm, Hold Back, Wring Out and Giga Drain. Its original Trainer is "Present", its Trainer ID number is 01225, and it has a Classic Ribbon. Its gender and Nature are random, and it has no held item.

I was putting in the code through mystery gift and kept getting the response "Your Game Card cannot receive the gift provided by this code" and realised I was trying to obtain it in X rather than AS 8-}

13. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    I'm glad it's running for a while. I won't be back in the states to get my copy until April.

14. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    My OR update:
    Caught 9, Seen 12
    Party: Treeko (M, L10), Ralts (F, L6, caught in Premiere), Event Beldum (L5)

Did the Wally stuff and now am leaving Petalburg. Dexnav is a pretty neat new feature that actually encourages you to catch as much as you can, and so far I've caught all in routes 101, 102 and 103. Also just got the Event Beldum, and I like that they made it consistent by actually showing the different ball it's in instead of just the standard Poke Ball during trading.

Also did a bit of Wonder Trading and ended up getting a male Espurr and a Ferrotseed. But I just wanna stick with Hoenn stuff for this first playthrough.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    The code POKEMON500 worked for me today, so I'm guessing that the code POKEMON503 will work in a few days. I did try it today as well but it said 'gift not found'.

16. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    The Eon Ticket has been spreading across the globe via StreetPass from one Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire player to the next. With the Eon Ticket, players have been able to return to Southern Island for the chance to catch either Latias or Latios in their game (whichever Pokémon they weren't able to get during their original adventure).

If you haven't had the good fortune to receive the Eon Ticket from another Trainer, now there's another way. Between Friday, February 27, and Monday, March 2, 2015, enter the following code in your game to receive the Eon Ticket:

2015LATIOSLATIAS (for America)
    POKEMON380381 (PAL region)

Note: if you already received the Eon Ticket for your Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game, you won't be able to receive it again.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Cool, thanks for that. :)

Edit: seems I already got it. Didn't think I had. [face_thinking]

18. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003

Did you try both codes? I initially only tried the American one because that's all I was aware of (and it didn't work) but then discovered the other code which worked no problem.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It said that I already received it so the code worked fine.

Has anyone been watching Pokemon on the 3DS anime channel thing? It's not bad watching it on the small screen but the translation could be better. In one episode they hold up rice cakes and they call them sandwiches.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I can't believe I missed getting that code :-(

I did though get the starters with hidden abilities

21. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003

Do you mean the Johto starters through PokeBank?

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I got them with codes

Snivy - POKEMON497
    Emboar - POKEMON500
    Samurott - POKEMON503

23. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Oh yeah that.

There is also an opportunity to get the fully evolved Johto starters with hidden abilities...

The official Pokémon website has announced that the fully-evolved Johto starter Pokémon, which are Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligator, will be distributed with their Hidden Abilities to those who access Pokémon Bank accounts between Feb. 27, 2015 and Nov. 30, 2015. To receive these Pokémon players will need to use Pokémon Link in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire after accessing Pokémon Bank during this time. One of each fully-evolved Johto starter Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities will be given in each Pokémon Bank account.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I have those too.

Not that I use them, not much good for competitive battling.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So, I played Yellow, really played Gold/Silver/Crystal, and then played Sapphire which is where I began to lose interest.

What is different now in the world of Pokémon? What do you even play it on, anymore? Do they still make Gameboys?