main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    GTA: Sword and Shield is looking brilliant. Can't wait to drive around in an Issi running down police. Although, what with the timeframe its set, I don't think that'd be an option.

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Don’t think I will buy that, but it looks neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

I find it fascinating how as Ash has progressively improved as a Pokemon trainer, the anime's art style has reflected his journey by getting progressively worse.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IIRC he also won the Orange Island whatever the hell, so I think it's less "Ash has improved" and more "Ash can only perform well in island settings." :p

Regardless I'm pretty sure every Adventures/Special protagonist could thrash him, including Yellow. ... Actually, especially Yellow.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Nobody145 and Chewgumma like this.
  5. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    He probably would have won more if he leveled everything, but for some reason he had to powerlevel his pikachu until it was 6/6/6/6/6/6 lvl 100.

Would've been easier with audino’s in unova though.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Was at my local park yesterday and saw dozens of people walking around the pond staring at their phones. It didn't take me long to realize they were playing Pokemon Go. I'd never gotten into it; but I don't have any issue with these people walking around watching their phones so long as they don't bother me reading on the bench. A girl sat near me and confirmed there was a special event in the area for the game.
    [​IMG]

A couple even dressed as Ash and Misty lol.
    [​IMG]

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He did win the Battle Frontier after Hoenn.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, see, I bounced on the show right around Johto. :p

Ghost likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's about when I bounced off the show, other than a couple movies (and then only up to about that medieval Lucario movie).

Ghost likes this.
  10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Also, wait, isn't the Battle Frontier an island? This is just reinforcing my hypothesis. Ash Ketchum: Island Master.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    In the games. Tv series, it was set all over Kanto

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  14. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Today's the day folks!

Nobody145 and Ramza like this.
  15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Savage and/or forum appropriate:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    The2ndQuest and Chewgumma like this.
  16. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    *Looks at my Pokemon plushies*
    *Looks at my Star Wars shirt*
    No.

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I think the lines are pretty straightforward:
    • Enjoying thing mostly marketed towards children: fine, cool, good
    • Not enjoying thing mostly marketed towards children: fine, cool, good
    • Complaining for months on end about thing mostly marketed towards children and then clogging up my YouTube recommendations with your tirades: not cool, kind of lame, go for a walk
    • Death threats about thing mostly marketed towards children: bad

The2ndQuest and Chewgumma like this.
  18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    To be fair, I think all of that generally applies to things made for, and marketed towards adults too.

Ramza likes this.
  19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I mean, hell, if people could just generally stop clogging my YouTube recommendations, including YouTube, that'd be great.

20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I haven't paid any attention to any controversy but I plan on getting my copy of Shield tomorrow.

21. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    And so the eighth generation begins. Although looks like some people already had the game already and later bosses are already showing up on youtube. I think, I'm closing windows fast so not too sure. Youtube recommendations get annoying fast.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Too backed up on games to grab this right away- unless a close friend's family gets in on it (in which case, I'll join in to play alongside them). I'm still more tempted by Sun/Moon's setting. I also get the impression from the reviews that Sword/Shield are good, but are only a partial jump forward (as is usual). So I may wait to see what the next Gen brings to (presumably) Switch.

(The controversy is super-duper-stupid, though. That has nothing to do with my decision.)

23. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    If Generation 9 is also on Switch, it stands to reason that we might see a larger leap forward than between 7 and 8.

I've been playing all day and enjoying every moment of it. I've already found a few favourites from the new 'mon, but couldn't resist jumping on the Eevee train early with this game. Also of the old 'mons is Lombre, which has proved itself with quite a large chunk of the journey so far. Just wish I had a water stone to evolve it already.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's my assumption, too. I think this gen still has some carryover from 3DS production.

25. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Eh, it's not that stupid, in that it's a pretty major shift for the franchise, and the excuses given for it were pretty feeble.

But I've been playing it this afternoon while in the pub, and it's the same Pokemon I love, just with really glossy production value, which is actually really nice. It's actually a little jarring to see such a wonderfully brought to life Pokemon game not fork out for some voice actors though. It makes some of the really nice cutscenes, especially the very first one in the Wembley... I mean Pokemon Stadium go from really impressive to feeling not quite finished.