main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kathleen Kennedy not leaving lucasfilm

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by black_saber, Mar 9, 2021.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Fair enough.

2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    There is a reason George Lucas chose her to run Lucasfilm...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is called baiting. You have no actual argument against what I said so instead you try to rile me up in the hopes that I’ll insult you or something. Nice try but didn’t work. You made the statement that KK hasn’t received criticism for her work on Star Wars so back it up. Don’t change the subject or call me a big mean mod who is ganging up on you. Back your statement up. How hasn’t KK received criticism for the ST?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A few points here:

If you have so much vitriol for “you mods!”, do not engage in discussions in which we take part. You are not obligated to participate with us.

“You did it first!” does not work on me with children too young to join this site. It’s not going to work for you.

Calling someone a “meme” rather than actually providing evidence to back up your points that everything wrong with the ST is Kathleen Kennedy’s fault, that the ST was not well received, etc., is baiting and trolling.

Assuming that Kathleen Kennedy is shielded from criticism due to being a woman is also baiting and trolling, and a violation of our sexism policy.

Knock it off. Any more of this and you can tell me I’m a mean mod in the Unban Request Forum.

@LAJ_FETT

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I had a feeling the next few comments were going to be exactly something like this.

I'll stop.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Exactly like what? Calling on you to back up your statements? Sorry that’s how forums work. If you want to be taken seriously I suggest maybe putting more thought into your next post. :)

7. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Man, those Marcia Lucas comments are brutal.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  8. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    The fan may criticise the sequels because the film may not have become what they each expect, but if the wider industry were to judge Kathleen Kennedy for the sequel then the fact that they made billion of dollars might suggest she did something right. I also think that Star Wars fans, like most other franchise fan and audiences general, are embracing streaming content in large numbers. I am at this time more anticipate Boba Fett, Andor, Kenobi. I have loved Mandalorian and enjoy the Visions. In my opinion it is the sequel that are now just a bit part in the wider scheme of Disney Star Wars output.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  9. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    So what? She is entiteld to her opinion as everybody else. The question is: why is her opinion so important?! Right, it isnt. Its just important to the people who agree with her and say: look its Lucas exwife, she knows and understands. But she just worked as editor on 3 SW films, she wasnt involved on anything else. And she hasnt worked on anything since RotJ. I dont know why I should give a damn about anything she says about the Prequels or Sequels.

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I feel the same way of her husband George.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean by the logic used your correct that his opinion shouldn’t matter with the sequels. Not saying the logic is something I agree with. I don’t very much care what Marcia Lucas says or what Lucas says. Even about the movies they did work on. I can form my own opinions.

I have made it known that I don’t like TROS. Well I like it but it’s my least liked Star Wars film. However that’s something that I don’t solely blame KK for.

KK’s job is literally just to make money and on that she has done a good job. 4/5 times. And honestly I think Solo would have done much better if Iger had taken her advice and delayed the film to December.

12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    People attach too much importance to other people’s opinions, especially celebs or people in the industry. For me it’s your own opinion that counts. If you like it then great, enjoy it. Someone else’s opinion isn’t going to make me like or dislike a film any more. The big test for the so called poorly perceived ST is how the franchise performs afterwards,The Mandalorian doesn’t seem to have been affected and I don’t think the ST will have any bearing on the popularity (or lack of) for what project appears next on tv or the big screen.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    DarthKreVass and darthvader88 like this.
  13. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I really wish Disney/Lucasfilm would lean into the anger from YouTubers and throw this on every trailer going forward:

From KATHLEEN KENNEDY, the Executive Producer that had the same control over this as she does on The Mandalorian and did on the Sequel Trilogy!
    No matter what some guy whined in a four hour rant, nothing happens from Star Wars without Kathy's direct involvement!
    KATHLEEN KENNEDY: Responsible for all you love AND and all you hate about Star Wars since 2012!

14. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Don't you see? Kathleen Kennedy is supposed yo take the blame for all the stuff people don't like, yet is not allowed to take credit for the stuff they do like...

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    According to the news media surfacing all over, patty jenkins rogue squadron movie was delayed due to creative differences with lucasfilm.

Lucasfilm management has been in a mess for a very long time in fact for years because this problem keeps happening over and over again.

If the book of Boba Fett fails I am not going to be a happy camper because of bob chapek.

The best women to be in lucasfilm as head president is patty Jenkins or Deborah chow.

I mean yeah Kathleen Kennedy might of had some good Star Wars content coming out, but her shake up at lucasfilm for creative differences is getting out of hand with directors.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2021
  17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Now Star Wars is going to crash.

18. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    For the last time, Kathleen Kennedy isn't going anywhere...

TX-20 and devilinthedetails like this.
  19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    True I knew that but Star Wars might be in huge trouble because of poor management.

Hell Rian Johnson’s Star Wars trilogy might be delayed because of creative differences with lucasfilm.

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    It doesn't really matter all that much except maybe to the some of the director's that thought they might have a chance of making a Star Wars movie who have found out yet again that it can be very difficult to get on the same page with the current Lucasfilm team when it comes to the movies.

It's like just stop announcing anything until the story and script are agreed upon and everyone is if not on the same page then at least in the same chapter of a book. Even then Lord and Miller had pretty much finished shooting principle photography and they were let go.

On the streaming side it's almost probably mostly irrelevant because those series are lower stakes financially so handing over creative to them doesn't seem to cause trouble as opposed to a project that has total costs of several hundred million and is expected to make several times that in theatrical release. The dramas like Josh Trank, Lord and Miller, Trevorrow, Benioff and Weiss and now Jenkins have not been repeated on the TV side to any extent.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Why is Disney so Naive enough and to allow Kathleen Kennedy movie shake up to keep happening?

I mean should they know she is a liability to the movie side of things?

I understand tv side of things of Star Wars is doing great, I first thought solo a Star Wars story bombing caused was the only delayed reason, but I want go to theaters to see a Star Wars movie and I feel like that’s never going to happen thanks to Kathleen Kennedy the bad management of lucasfilm and Disney for allowing the bs to happen.

I also worry that more Star Wars movies are going to flop.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She’s one of the best produces in Hollywood. She almost certainly saved Solo for being even more of a disaster. And after the flop that was WW2 I think she is right to reign in whatever Jenkins wanted to do.

KK is staying until she decides to retire. Which will likely be 2025 for her next contract extension. She’s old after all 68. So yea she’ll stay around for 3-6 years more tops. My bet is she wants to stay for the end of all current projects. Although that might have been put on hold with the film delay

TX-20 and devilinthedetails like this.
  23. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 17X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Ben Kenobi: I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of you tube click baiters suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I wouldn't be shocked if she wants to get at least the next line of up of films (Whatever those are) off the ground at least, and maybe stay through till the end of the big Mandoverse thing there doing.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  25. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    I just dont think patty is fit to do big budget action movies, nothing wrong with that. ww1 was....passable but ww84 was a hot mess.