main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO KC based Website (Update! 3/2/05)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I was wondering if there is a KC Fan Force website to "recruit" new members, etc. if not I am willing to donate mine. I just have two pages right now but I will gladly make it an acceptable website after April 15 (I'm an accountant in real life and Jedi Mind tricks don't work on the IRS)

The web address is http://KCStarWarsFans.com

2. dougcpa

dougcpa Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2001
  3. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    Go check your private messages.

4. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    Just letting you know, Coreplanets isn't a Fanforce, its an outside group that was created in KC almost 2 years ago. Bud and I are trying to start a Fanforce.

If you can't tell thats kinda hard with lack of people posting in this forum.

5. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Instead of starting a new thread I'm using this one.

Which domain name would you like to see for our website:

HeartOfTheAlliance.org

or

KCFanForce.org

Please respond by PM. Whichever gets the most votes will be chosen.

6. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    HeartOfTheAlliance.org!!!
    :) :) :)

7. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    I believe PM is the key word here.

8. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    Hey, I did that too. What's wrong with showing my support outright? :(

9. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    I was joking here, that age thing still hurts :)

10. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    Sure and I knew you were joking. I think. I can't really remember. I'm sorry about the age thing. :( Did I offend you? Didn't mean to. :_| Are you all right now??

11. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    I don't know I might need therapy.
    :p

12. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    As was announced at our meeting by a vote of 4:3 HeartoftheAlliance.org will be our domain name.

Also from what solojones has told me our website is ready to be put up. There is only one problem. We need money for our domain (about $10) and we need money for the hosting (about $70 a year). For us to have a professional looking website I DO NOT want to use free hosting. I have not found one that it is not plaqued by pop-ups/unders and banners. For example check out http://www.earnfreegroceries.us to see an example of free hosting. This one of my websites and it looked fairly nice until I stopped paying for it ( which is also why I can't make a hot link for it). ;) Any way, I am going to make another post about funding and I will put the link in here.

EDIT: link

13. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    I can solve the website problem. I don't use my webspace with my DSL provider, Covad.net.

I can save you $70 in server costs, but It will cost $20 year for a domain name or $35 for two.

14. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Okay now that we have the Banner I am going to try to make a website for us. I am going to try to make both this forum and our website work seamlessly (in other words I want them to look the same)

Hopefully I will be able to work on this soon. However, I am going to give everyone fair warning. I have been working on my first novel and It has been keeping me very busy. I have about 125 of the 300 pages written (30,000 of about 80,000 words).

Anyway To top that off school is starting soon and then all bets are off. At the very least I hope to have the website done by thanksgiving. I know that seems far away but trust me time will go by fast between then and now (Fall always does).

If anyone has any suggestions for what they want to see on the website let me know.

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    If you do need some help on the site, I'm still willing to do what I can.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I know and appreciate that. I would like to contibute something as well though. I'm sure as I make will ask for you input from time to time. and speaking of which what fonts did you use for the banners? could you send to me via PM?

17. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    a website and a banner? o_O wow!!!! where have i been!!!! kansas city fan force gets my seal of approval and the heart of the alliance is a ten the whole way...way to go LukeSkiewalker!!!! woot!!!

now if only we could get the winning lotto numbers our lives would be complete:p

18. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
  19. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Awesome! If you feel like donating some space to me and my wookie, we'll upload our C3 photos to it every day... be KC's correspondents to the folks back home ;) I know some basic web authoring so I could just put together some pages to upload every night or something...

20. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    WWW.HEARTOFTHEALLIANCE.COM is up (a little work is left on a couple of pages) along with our forums Alderaansas Base!(a whole lot of work left to do on that)

21. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Gandalf: Sorry I haven't replied before now but yes we will be more that will to host pictures that KC FFr's take at C3. In fact we'll even make a C3 page next month.

But right now we are just trying to get all the bugs out of the site and our BRAND NEW BOARD :D YEAH!

22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    =D=

Impressive. Most impressive.

-sj loves kevin spacey

23. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Thankee Sai.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.