main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Keeping in contact.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by KOB, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    You on stage or in the audience, Bro? :eek:

2. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm in the audience. The show films in Chicago, and the tickets are free, so my friends and I sometimes go to a taping after consuming ridiculous amounts of alcohol (the show is a LOT more fun that way.) And my friends always persuade me to make an obnoxious comment to the people on the stage.

Like I said, if the one that airs tomorrow is indeed the one I am thinking of, then I will be extrememly hungover and my hair should be a mess. The show filmed at 2 PM and I finished drinking around 8 AM from the night before.

For those of you who don't know what I look like...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/IEatPoodoo/DSCF0480.jpg]

I believe this picture was taken the night before the show. So, I should be wearing the same clothes, have worse looking hair, and look like a shovel hit me in the face.

Edit: That mug was filled with straight brandy.

3. IEatPoodoo

Aug 11, 2000
    False alarm. This one was taped on the same day as one of mine, but it definitely doesn't look familiar. They tape 3 or 4 shows per taping day, and sometimes they get behind schedule. My show was scheduled to tape at 1 PM, but ended up taping at 2 PM. This show must be the one that was scheduled for 2, but actually taped after 3... That's a bummer.

Oh well! I'll keep checking the show schedule each week and report when you need to watch (unless you already watch the show regularly.[face_shhh] )

4. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. IEatPoodoo

Aug 11, 2000
    Ok... So I guess I WAS on Springer today... But, like a dumbass, I watched the 11 AM episode and I was on the 3 PM episode... If it hasn't aired in your area yet, please tape it or capture it or something. I'm so bummed that I missed it...

6. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    So is "Gotta Get It" a mega-hit there yet? [face_praying]

7. IEatPoodoo

Aug 11, 2000
    Actually, we had a keg about 2 weeks ago, and I blasted "Gotta get it" throughout the house, and when it was over, people would come up to me and ask me to play it again. When they would ask who the artist was, I would say, "a legend my friend... a god among men." That's when they'd walk away... but they LOVED the song! Seriously, this happened.

We also played it in the car ride to the tatoo parlor when one of my friends went to get a heart with the words "TACO BELL" in the middle tattooed on his arm... Its a long story... Seriously, this happened too.

8. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    *ahem*

MP3 version for your brethren across the pond

*ahem*

//whispers "I'm right in thinking this is a KOB classic performance?" ;)

9. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Indeed. They discovered the song Memorial Day Weekend. It seemed like they enjoyed it......
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Memorial%20Day%20weekend%2005/DVC00747.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Memorial%20Day%20weekend%2005/DVC00752.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Memorial%20Day%20weekend%2005/DVC00751.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Memorial%20Day%20weekend%2005/DVC00750.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Memorial%20Day%20weekend%2005/DVC00759.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Memorial%20Day%20weekend%2005/DVC00764.jpg]
    They even had me put it on a mix CD for the ride home..... 3 times!:p

I put you on my MSN messenger list, but have yet to see you online. (themixxstl@hotmail.com)

10. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Alright, peoples. What are the plans for this weekend?

And PooDoo, which ballgame were we talking about going to?

11. IEatPoodoo

Aug 11, 2000
    OK, i will try to write this out as soberly as possible...

I just got back from celebrating 2 of my friends' 21st birthdays on the same night. I guess they're having a quadru[ple kegger on friday and saturday night. My friend that was going to the Cubs game in St. Louis this weekend on his birthday is instead attending these keggers, since it is also a party for him... That means I am also kegging it up (since he was my ride)... But, the good news is he told me that he still wants to come to St. Louis before the summer's end. So, that's pretty much the plan. My car is 4 years younger than me and has a car's equivalent of a liver almost as used up as mine, or else I would be down there all the time. I need to pass out now, but I will definitely be coming to visit again! If any of you can drive to chicagoland this weekend, and want to drink a lot of keg beer for 2 days and spend the night on the guest bed in the party house this weekend, feel free to attend... we had about 60 people at the last one, and several people spent the night who had never been there before. I hope this message made sense. I'll be back tomorroow to clear things up.

12. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    What a bummer! I was really looking forward to partying this weekend! Just remember: My birthday party is August 12-14..... ;)

13. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Just so everyone knows, "Gotta Get It" is now a hit in the UK as well :D :D

Really liked KOB's beatles performance as well. Awesome voice dude!

14. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Hehehe. Thanks, Bro! I'll send you more music for that... ;) (Although on the Beatles track, I like the guitar better than the vocals. ;) The bassline is cool, too.)

15. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Birthday party. August 12-14 (at least). My house. Who's in?

16. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I'm in (but you already knew that) ;)

17. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    I'll be there in spirit Bro!

18. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I'll be there in spirit Bro!

Don't think I don't appreciate it, either.... ;)

19. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Just found out we'll be celebrating -E-'s birthday as well! :D

20. BADKARMAJMC333

BADKARMAJMC333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2004
    Hey whats up ? Sorry I haven't been posting for a while due to personal problems I'm having. I just wanted you to know K.O.B. and -E- that I won't be abile to make it down this weekend because I have to work this Saturday and Sunday. But I will be abile to come down this comming Labor Day weekend thou. So keep your fingers crossed .

Too both Of you have a great B-Day and I'll see you soon.

21. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Hope everything's OK with you, Bro! You'll be missed but I hope you get to come Labor Day. I'll drink a few for ya.

(And thanks for the birthday wish! :D )

22. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Oh, thanks for the phone call, Josh! I lost your number, otherwise I'd have called you back. Got the first pic sent to me from the party.......

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/KOBParty.jpg]

(I stopped accepting pics after that one.... ;) [face_laugh] )

23. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Looks like you had a good time.:D

24. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Wholly Shnikes, That guy looks hammered

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue! :)

25. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I wasn't "hammered".... I was soberly challenged....;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.