main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Dec 18, 2017.

?

Does Rose survive

Poll closed Dec 2, 2019.
  1. Rose survives the film

64.7%
  2. Rose dies early on

16.9%
  3. Rose dies late in the film

3.7%
  4. Rose saves the day

14.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @vncredleader I don't think the Resistance hangs deserters. Who knows what they do with them? But the sentiment in this thread was that Finn got off easy because the Resistance only tazed him for deserting (even though we never even learn if he enlisted or if the Resistance has a formal method of enlistment) rather than killed him. I was stating that I think it would be wrong for them to kill deserters and also that I think it's wrong for them to taze deserters. I prefer the ESB approach of letting people go if they want to go. Also I don't think it's fair for them to stop Finn when their plan doesn't involve using pods, the ship is in distress, and quite frankly he never signed up for their cause and has already helped them more than they could justly ask for. Finn is someone who spent his life in service to one military organization not voluntarily. I don't think it's cool that he should have to be immediately compelled to serve another one or be judged a coward or whatever. That's just a mindset that is honestly anathema to me on a fundamental level.

@Ender_and_Bean I think the thing with Rose for me is that she does have flaws and to me she does do things that are at least morally questionable, so if she is going to be given free pass to over and over lecture Finn and bring up the fact that she sees him as a coward/deserter (never mind that it took a ton of courage for him leave the First Order), he should be given a chance to call her out for the problematic things she does and beliefs that she has. To me, it's a matter of fair is far or what's good for the gander is good for the goose.

2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh geez. Yeah tazing was the most anyone deserves for that, and Finn doesn't apply. I get why Rose did it, but that was just cause she didn't know that he wasnt a recruit.

However with the pods, its not about their plan, its about not just letting anyone take a pod when they feel like it. If they wanna desert they need to tell someone, if nothing else so they have a headcount, know what resources they have, and so on. Finn snuck out, he didn't tell Poe let alone Holdo what he was doing. Finn maybe shouldn't be seen as a coward, however that doesn't make Rose wrong for stopping a deserter when that was her duty. Han wasn't taking off with Rebel tech, and when Leia allowed him to leave wasn't it before they knew the empire knew about the base? The Resistance just lost its fighter wing, a transport, and its leaders. It is fair that they would prevent people from jumping ship, it sucks Finn has always been involved with forced military service, but he needs to actually tell someone what he is doing. At least from Rose's POV they need to be cleared, likely all deserters given a single ship or two, rather than sneaking off without approval and just leaving.

It's still a military after all. Han taking his own ship is not the same as multiple people in no order stealing tech and escape pods. You don't get to leave a cruise ship whenever you want with one of the life rafts after all. Let alone a crew member doesn't get to do that, which seemingly Rose thought Finn was. He doesn't need to be forced to serve, but Rose didn't know that, and either way one cannot just take an escape pod. Its about protocol, that becomes even more important when you are low on resources and in an emergency. I get why he went to leave, but I also don't think Rose is wrong for tazing deserters and those she thinks are deserters.

That mindset or join or coward is bad sure, but that is not what is at play there, what's at play is protocol and safety concerns on a military vessel. I don't think people are cowards for running, doesnt mean they get to take a pod and leave without telling anyone. Given all deserters an option, and put them in a pod or two. Be orderly about it, they need to know who is present and who is gone. If say, half the engineering staff on a deck leaves and no one realizes, then everything crumbles even more. It's not exactly cowardly to run, but doing so in a way that leaves everyone else scrambling and unknowing about what their own situation is; is cowardly all in all.

Rose didn't check cause she had already had to put up with this today, and just watched her sister explode

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I think Rose knew Finn used to be a stormtrooper since she admires (or pretends to) him for leaving the First Order. So, I had the impression that she knew who he was and tazed him anyway. Then spent much of the rest of the film calling him a coward and accusing him of always looking for ways to escape. I also just in general wasn't a fan of how the Resistance was portrayed in TLJ. They seemed way too militaristic like the First Order for my tastes. Even Leia had turned into someone who slapped subordinates.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes. This is also true of DJ. Both characters were there to serve Finn's story and offer him different points of view. Rose was the self sacrificing idealist, pushing Finn towards empathy and heroism. DJ was the self-serving cynic, pushing Finn towards apathy and self interest.

5. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    The escape thing was more a running joke banter bit for me. Like the way Leia made fun of Han almost.

I liked seeing the chain of command issues more. Beyond some of the briefing scenes in the OT I always found it corny how the heroes could just bolt and come back whenever they wanted as these huge capital ships likely faced war.

I wasn’t a fan of the slap either but her relationship with Poe is not like most other subordinates. I know that Carrie liked it.
    Fisher wasn’t a huge fan of how she was handled in TFA and enjoyed Rian’s use of the blaster and force, and passing on life lessons, and his collaborative approach to the actors. Including her request for space jewelry and no more gas station attendant clothes.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    vncredleader and cerealbox like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I thought RJ's approach to Leia was his most successful in terms of the female characters in TLJ.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Agreed.

8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    She knew he was a stormie, that doesnt mean she knows he didnt sign up. Plus her sister just died, she's not going to be tactful.

But more importantly, they are a military. Like TFA made sure to emphasize that Leia is a General not a princess. I can see the argument about coding vs the FO, but militarism should not be inherently coded as bad, The means and the goal are what determines who is good. And when it is contrasted, the difference is in the why, Poe and Hux both get slapped around over the same thing, but Snoke is angry at Hux and wants to intimidate him, Leia is angry at Poe cause he got people needlessly killed and disobeyed orders.

People are dead because Poe did not act like a soldier, Leia wants him to be better, Snoke wants Hux to feel small. In the end Snoke controls his students, Leia guides them. Yes sometimes with a smack, but he did off a bunch of people. The moment of Leia crying as she drops the tough face and looks at the list of the dead is incredibly powerful, and carries less weight if she is not as much of a military oriented leader. When you take command of a military post, there are certain responsibilities. I would rather the Resistance be shown as professional soldiers. Time has passed, they are not rag-tag rebels, but a sub-state paramilitary group.

As for Finn, he doesn't owe them anything, but he does have a responsibility as someone who can exact change. So the DJ comparison is fair, not that he is DJ simply for running, but that if he hides behind Rey as an excuse to not have to fight without really admitting that he will be like DJ in time. Its not so much the running, as the fact that he won't decide if he wants out, doesn't want to fight, or wants to just help Rey. After all isn't that Han's arc from ANH? He didn't owe the Rebels anything, but Luke was rightly angry at him. Finn is of course way more sympathetic, but again, he isn't even just leaving, he is using Rey as an excuse to leave the others behind. He is in the thick of it and he has to choose, he can stay, he can fight, he can run and be safe, or he can float like DJ. It's the floating that he is called out on. Not to say they portray that really well in the film itself.

Finn's arc is my least favorite part, not Canto Bight though, Canto Bight itself and the theme there is utterly fantastic. Also Benicio Del Toro was just delightful

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  9. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    Personally, while I’m okay with Finn as a Star Wars character, my kids seem to like him a lot more... They remember Finn as the “stormie with the blood stain helmet” as well as being a close buddy to Poe, another one of their favs...

And as for Rose, we haven’t really seen much of her in promo stuff... Maybe it’s me but I have a bad feeling about her - she dies early, murdered in cold blood by the First Order, and sends the Resistance into a depressed mood, with much of the remaining fight becoming some sort of tribute to Rose...

10. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    From what we’ve been told J.J. has developed things between her and Finn to the extent where it’s implied they’re in some kind of romantic relationship.

JJ has also promoted her in leadership and strategy more and it sounds to me more like she will be a key in selling the repurposed Leia footage more.

A lot of the Leia footage is from TFA’s dropped plot that was filmed and has her in control rooms again. Rose will likely help bring that to life more by being the one who reacts to her orders or asks her questions that Leia responds to and Rose becomes more the voice on the intercom for the larger group out in the field from time to time.

11. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Pro Scoundrel The problem for me is that I don't see any empathy from Rose toward Finn, and if she's meant to be teaching Finn about empathy, she should be practicing what she preaches instead of tazing him and making jokes about his traumas especially since she probably wouldn't like it if Finn used her past traumas as material for his jokes. I don't really see much empathy from Rose in TLJ. Mostly I see lectures and tazing from her. The narrative treats Rose as if she is teaching Finn these great, profound lessons, but to me, what the movie actually shows Rose doing doesn't really support that narrative. I get that she's the mouthpiece for the director but that mainly makes me roll my eyes.

@Ender_and_Bean Oh, I get that Rose continually mocking Finn as a deserter/coward was supposed to be a funny little running joke but the problem for me is that it turns what I consider the most heroic and brave thing Finn ever did into some sort of running joke, which suggests to me that Rose and Rian don't actually have that much respect for Finn, and that's a problem for me because I do respect Finn as a character, him having earned my respect in TFA just by being a trooper who dared to question and break free of his training. (Of course in TLJ the theme seems to be to question nothing and just submit to the ultimately ineffectual plan of your superiors like a good solider/citizen, so maybe that is why Finn needs to be "fixed" in TLJ since his capacity for critical thought is unacceptable in a good solider/citizen). It also just comes across to me as Rose being given a free pass to poke fun at Finn's past trauma of being kidnapped and turned into a child soldier when I know she probably wouldn't like it if Finn made fun of one of her past traumas like losing her sister. Maybe Rose could display some actual empathy and respect for Finn if she's supposed to be his friend or anything more than that? I don't think that should be too much to ask if I'm supposed to sympathize with Rose as a character nonetheless want to see her romantically paired with Finn.

The Rose/Finn dynamic didn't remind me of the Leia/Han one because the banter in the Leia/Han relationship was mutual, going both ways, while in the Rose/Finn dynamic the banter feels very one-sided with Rose being given carte blanche to "joke" about Finn while Finn isn't given a chance to make jokes at Rose's expense. Why not? Is what's good for the gander not good for the goose? I also don't really buy the "it's just a joke" excuse to explain away Rose mocking Finn for his past trauma and the bravest thing he ever did since plenty of emotionally abusive people use the "I was just joking" excuse to cover up bullying behavior. So, for a Han/Leia dynamic, I would've wanted the banter to be mutual and also not focused on making a mockery of Finn's past traumas and greatest act of courage.

Overall, I liked the Leia and Poe dynamic. Even the rest of the scene with the slap could probably have worked for me, but the slap just took me right out of the scene. It was just one of those moments that felt very wrong to me. I would agree Leia's costuming in TLJ is superior to what it was in TFA. TFA Leia garb was very bleak and uninspired in my opinion, which made it easily the worst Leia wardrobe in Star Wars in my ranking of that.

@Bor Mullet Honestly, Connix was probably my favorite female character in TLJ. She didn't taze or slap anyone on her own side (that I recall), her friendship with Poe came across as mutually respectful to me, she didn't embark on a quest to save the soul of a mass-murdering Dark Sider, and her decisions always made at least some sense to me throughout the film. That may be a low bar to clear but at least she cleared it.

@vncredleader I think for me it's a matter of unless Rose knew that Finn had signed up then she shouldn't have tazed him. I get that she thought he was a deserter but she was wrong to think that, and, therefore to me, wrong to taze him. I also don't like the portrayal of the Resistance as a group of people who taze members for not being onboard with what turns out to be a complete failure of a plan that gets the Resistance decimated (and would have killed the Resistance entirely if deus machina Rey and Luke hadn't shown up in the nick of time to save the day if we consider a little group of survivors on the Falcon saving the day but the narrative demands that we do, so we'll run with that interpretation, I suppose). The message to me seems to be that to be a good soldier/citizen I should turn off my brain and never ask questions even in the face of poorly communicated plans that turn out to be as poorly conceived as they were communicated. That happens to be a message I don't agree with as someone who likes to use my brain to think critically.

As to Finn, I don't think that he has an obligation to go from one militaristic organization that brainwashed him since childhood to the next one that demands he fall in lockstep without questioning. Sure, the Resistance purports to represent all that is good and noble in the galaxy, but I can imagine that Finn was raised with First Order propaganda and so might be skeptical about such claims. Anyone can claim to represent all that is good and noble in the galaxy but that can just mean they have a strong spin department, so of course given his past experiences and trauma, Finn is going to be slow to trust the Resistance. I think he should be allowed time to reflect before being expected to devote his life to serving the Resistance.

I also don't agree with comparisons to Han. Finn is dealing with the trauma of being raised against his will to be a First Order trooper since childhood and his motive is to save a person he cares about, Rey (so he is trying to save what he loves as genius Rose puts it). This motive makes a lot more sense to me than for instance Rey's to save Kylo's soul yet the narrative sympathizes with Rey's decision to save Kylo much more than it does Finn's desire to save Rey, which to me suggests that Rian held Kylo in higher esteem than either Rey (who apparently isn't worth saving) or Finn (who had the nerve to have a friend he cared about, the horror). Han by contrast is someone who comes across to me as selfish and jaded but ends up saving his friends at the end of ANH. Oddly enough when Han cares about saving his friends, he doesn't get called a coward or selfish. So, to me, Finn is being called a selfish coward for doing what we saw from Han at the end of ANH because at the end of ANH I think Han only cared about saving his friends, not fighting the Empire. And I'm okay with that from both Han and Finn since friendships are important in life. Sometimes more important than blind allegiance to militaristic organizations that demand one falls into lockstep without questioning.

12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    @devilinthedetails Rose definitely respected and had admiration for Finn before she even met him. She knew he was a stormtrooper who left them, despite being raised by them, and helping the Resistance. You can see this when she first meets him as well.

It isn’t until she realizes he’s lying, and ditching them and leaving them to die from the First Order’s assault, that she tazes him and loses respect for him.

Then when they’re paired up to go on a desperate mission to (save the Resistance, her goal) and (thereby Save Rey, his goal) . She spends more time with him and understands him more.

I think the only problem the movie has with this, is it doesn’t show more idealogy from Finn’s side. But we, the viewer, already got that from Finn in TFA. Hence, more time is given to Rose’s and DJ’s idealogy.

13. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    "As the First Order pursued the Resistance fleet, a devastated Rose numbly did mundane tasks on the lower levels of the Raddus. When Resistance personnel began deserting the warship, Rose was issued an electro-stun prod and told to neutralize anyone who approached the escape pods without authorization."

"Rose agreed, angry that anyone would desert the ship that Paige had died protecting. She discovered Finn climbing into an escape pod with a packed bag and stunned him, then hauled him to the Raddus’s brig."

- SW Databank

While her sister's death seems to be the source of her initial anger toward Finn, I would argue that her belief that he was a hero of the Resistance perfectly reflected some Fans' idea that Finn officially became part of the Resistance just because he helped Han and Chewie bring down the shield on SKB. Surely, he defected to help their cause and wouldn't abandon them in their most desperate hours, right? When he told Han that he didn't really know how, he was just here for Rey by his own admission, thus potentially endangering the whole mission but no one knew that beside Han and Chewie so I can understand why Rose would make that mistake kinda like Rey who initially thought Finn was a thief and hit him before asking questions, I wonder if Jannah's first meeting with Finn will be the same as the other ones, that would be some continuity between all 3 movies.

14. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    @devilinthedetails , I’d normally agree but Rose showed very clearly at the start that she thought what he did was heroic. It’s a quick jab playfully done and focused less on his Tie Fighter defection and more on where she met him earlier that day.

FINN: I know where the nearest escape pods are.

ROSE: Course you do.

Finn has been presented less like Han Solo and more like an adorkable, worried, passionate straight man character since the start.
    [​IMG]

Han’s eye roll says it all.

From TFA forward, in the non-sincere, non-heroic scenes he’s shown to occasionally overcompensate to appear cooler than he truly is by putting on an air of confidence or leaning on things to seem cool and failing. The whole “Big Deal” routine was used to purposefully show how different he is from someone like Han Solo who pulls that off genuinely and without effort. Another source of comedy he’s been utilized for in both films is frustration by others wanting to do things he doesn’t.

[​IMG]

Or when he says similarly in VIII “Stop enjoying this!” while Rose is in heaven riding the Fathiers.

Physically, he got tazed by BB8 for laughs first for the reaction shot and the “Owww! Stop it!” When times get tense he’s been utilized to cut the tension via comedic relief.

[​IMG]

He isn’t Han Solo though so it would have been out of character for him to suddenly become this huge smart alec who quips constantly. The smart alec is Rose opposite his increased sincerity and improving leadership traits that lead him to nearly pulling off the Supremacy plan. Ultimately he gets into the best non-Force user side scrolling melee combat scene in the saga with Phasma in a fight more reminiscent of what I wish I could have seen Han have versus Boba Fett.

If Rose’s smart alec routine doesn’t work for you versus his straight man routine that’s fine but Finn’s character design has always been a mix of bravery, concern, heroics, sincerity and adorkable comedy moments that have often involved his discomfort. Both movies have a ton of these moments in them.

vncredleader likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    What? Rose calls Finn a coward throughout the film? She reprimanded him for trying to desert immediately after the tazing, at the beginning of the film, and that’s it. Your version of events sounds like a fan’s fever dream version of events, not what actually happened in the film.

16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @cerealbox, sure, she admires (like a girl with a crush) Finn for deserting the First Order, but the problem for me is that she lacks the ability to make the logical or emotional leap from understanding that Finn as someone who just got out of being a brainwashed stormtrooper might not want to immediately fall into lockstep with her militaristic organization. So, she proceeds to taze and deride him throughout the rest of the movie. That's the problem for me. That people are somehow only deserving of respect and empathy if they want to fall in lockstep with a militaristic organization. If they don't, it's okay to taze them, mock their past traumas, and deliver condescending lectures to them. Yeah, if I knew a person like Rose, I wouldn't call her a friend. More a colossal annoyance I'd steer clear of whenever possible. The rest of the time I'd be sure to stand up for myself whenever she felt the need to condescend to me.

Finn lies to her because she's a stranger standing in the way of his effort to save Rey. Finn doesn't have an obligation to stay with the Resistance (especially since the Resistance turns out to have a terrible plan that is a total failure, so a smart person would have fled the situation in my opinion) and the main reason the Resistance members will die is because of poor leadership from people like Holdo rather than Finn fleeing. The problem in the Resistance and really the galaxy isn't people like Finn not falling into lockstep. It's people like Holdo who are ineffective leaders requiring blind obedience to a militaristic organization.

I think the problem for me is that we don't see Finn's side represented at all and also that for me Rose's ideology is kind of a toxic one. So, the script requires me, like Finn, to fall in lockstep with an ideology that frankly doesn't resonate with me.

@Ender_and_Bean, I think a core problem for me is that the thing Rose mocks Finn for is the exact same offense the First Order hates Finn for so in many ways she views Finn in the same way as the First Order: someone who is expected to blindly fall into lockstep with a militaristic organization and should be punished if he doesn't. The Resistance's punishments are milder than the First Order's but a lot of the ideology is the same. There's an irony here, and I think Rose is missing it. As is Rian probably.

I agree that Finn's personality isn't like Han's in the sense that he isn't a smart aleck but then a relationship where he's being made the butt of jokes all the time to me doesn't strike me as a good or healthy one for Finn to be in especially since in real life if I knew a couple where one party constantly made fun of the other party that never felt comfortable making the same types of jokes in return, I'd not view that relationship in a positive light. I also think it's worth noticing that Leia treats Luke differently than she does Han in part because Han shows himself her equal in engaging that banter. Leia's characterization is fine to me because she comes across as someone who will give as good as she gets whereas Rose tends to seem to me like someone who can dish out jokes but I suspect can't take them. I don't have a problem with the first type of people (where I live, many of us are kind of raised like that and have to try to tone it down when we go elsewhere) but the second type of person will really lose my respect quite quickly. So if I get that vibe from a character, I'm less disposed to like that character.

I didn't really enjoy seeing Finn get tazed by BB-8 in TFA (I thought that was kind of tone-deaf given current political events) so to me seeing Rose repeat that was like doubling down on past mistakes. I will say that I think Rose is a better character than BB-8, though. Rose at least has a backstory that explains her motivations and behavior as well as some original aspects to her character that I like while BB-8 is like the dollar store knockoff of R2-D2.

@Bor Mullet When they are on the First Order ship, Finn wisely points out that he knows where the escape pods are, which is relevant information, and Rose takes that time to offer a snide, unconstructive dig about how of course he would know that. Implication obviously being he is a coward who always knows how to escape. This despite all the time they've spent together through that point in the film which should have made her realize he isn't a coward at all. I wish Finn had told her something along the lines of: "Yes, Rose, you see sometimes it's useful to know how to escape militaristic organizations that demand unquestioning obedience like the First Order or the Resistance." It's what I would have said in his shoes.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, I just saw that as friendly ball-busting. Perhaps I’m immune to that sort of thing, being from New England, where mercilessly ridiculing your friends means you like them.

vncredleader and cerealbox like this.
  18. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Bor Mullet I guess I don't see what's so friendly about Rose poking fun at her friend's past traumas. If my friend thought they could poke fun about, say, my mom's alcoholism, they'd no longer be my friend in about five seconds flat. That would be the time it takes me to tell them they aren't my friend any more for failing to know what crosses a line with me.

19. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    @devilinthedetails , I see your points and think you raise some great ones. I also think that part of Rose’s arc is moving from someone who is militant about the Resistance toward someone who by the end has ignored a direct order from Poe to save the one she loves.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Yeah. Too many people don’t realize Rose has a small arc despite being a supporting character.

If Rose didn’t change, then more than likely Johnson would have had her die (Holdo) or exit off stage (DJ), like his other creations.

Instead he kept her with the main cast at the end.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    It’s another example of the ending of each character (except Kylo) showing evolution positively from something they should work on. Kylo obviously by design goes the other way and is further down the evil path as the leader of the FO following a redemptive rejection.

cerealbox likes this.
  22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    That is a fair point. I think you are right that Rose does grow as a character by the end. I will be interested in seeing where her journey goes next as a character, so overall that is probably a compliment to her character that Rian created.

vncredleader and Ender_and_Bean like this.
  23. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I agree that it's handled clumsily, which is how I consider most of the "humorous moments" in TLJ. I think it just comes down to not liking Rian's jokes that much, and his handling of "issues" being a bit too on the nose, and overt.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, takes all kinds I guess. I have a thick skin and so I am not particularly sensitive to insults delivered in jest. Especially if the person doing it is a friend, and it’s clear they are doing it in good fun. Didn’t sound to me like Rose was being malicious. Just poking Finn. Probably because she liked him, and because she was hardcore Resistance.

25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Pro Scoundrel Yeah, I would agree with that. Rian and I don't seem to share much of a sense of humor, and his handling of issues does feel too overt as you put it for me. I will say in fairness that at least Rian does try to tackle some important issues. The handling of them for me is just fumbled. I can see the effort even if I find the execution lacking in many cases such as with Rose. With Rose especially there is some promising thought put into her background and how that connects with her motivations.

@Bor Mullet, I guess there are just certain things that are to me off limits. I wouldn't say to someone who had escaped an abusive relationship, "Always running away, aren't you?" as a joke. So everyone probably just draws the line somewhere different. What Rose said came across to me a little bit like that. I don't think Rose necessarily intended it maliciously but in the context of everything Finn had been through, it just seemed out of line to me. Perhaps the issue I have is more with Rian in a sense than with Rose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.