main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Kennedy possibly out in September?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by AndrewPascoe, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Of course she’s involved with episode nine. What are you talking about?

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Well I can't find anything other then talks about her leaving which is also just rumors as of now.

3. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I’ve watched that Mike Zeroh video. He doesn’t know anything.

4. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Of course. He never knows anything. And he has been exposed as a blatant liar several times already.

5. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    I would be stunned if KK was out prior to IX. But I would also be surprised if she hangs on post- IX.

Since this sort of high-level handover takes so long in the corporate world, I’d bet they are laying the groundwork for it already. KK and Disney are likely working out her exit, which is why rumors are starting to spread.

I’d guess she wraps up the ST and then announces she has accomplished her mission and is retiring after making five movies, four of which hit a billion (assuming IX does well). Then someone else (Hart / Feloni / JJ / Keige) is announced to oversee phase 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black_saber likes this.
  6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    What? She already is involved with IX. It is in preproduction right now. Zero doesnt know what he is talking about.

Senator Wan and Krueger like this.
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Why, oh why do people continue to acknowledge Zeroh's fantasies? Its no joke, the man is clearly psychologically not right. He is a pure fantasist. At first I used to think he was just a Troll lying for hits, but now I think he genuinely believes the things he is saying. It just astounds me that after all this time his name is still mentioned on this website. Leave him to the Daily Mail as their resident "Star Wars Expert".

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    ShaneP likes this.
  8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    What was that guy during the prequels that had a website that just made stuff up and he pretended to be an insider? Super shadow? Was that it?

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes, Super Shadow. Notorious. My 12-14 year old self fell for a lot of his delusions. Including his entirely made up "interviews" with Lucas. Zeroh has clearly modelled himself on him, or not (if he genuinely believes all of what he says). Haven't people learned their lesson?

CrazyOldJedi and ShaneP like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni and Feige make zero sense. JJ makes a tiny bit of sense, but he wants to be done with SW so no.

So either Hart gets promoted or they bring in someone new.

black_saber likes this.
  11. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Hopefully Disney will find someone with good experience.

12. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    @black_saber as others have pointed out pay absolutely no attention to Mike Zeroh if you care at all about getting legit info. He isn't a hater but he is about as click baitish as they come when it comes to Star Wars news. He makes videos about every kind of obscure redditt type of rumor there is without doing an ounce of investigation to see if it is a rumor that should even be bothered with.

If you just like the gossip and don't care too much about facts than Zeroh might be worth it but if you do care about facts then block his channel because all he'll do is fill your YouTube page up with garbage.

13. crazyewok

crazyewok Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 27, 2017
    If true good riddance.

Disney is business and star ars is a franchise. If she is going pass off fans with her "direction" and lose money she needs to go.

Not like she will be in want of money if fired.

Plus Disney need to win the trust back, best way to do that is offer some figurtive heads.

14. crazyewok

Oct 27, 2017
    G
    I do t think so if Disney take action now.

Marvel made a few stinkers at the start but now they are going from strength to strength.

15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    But it not just an insignificant stinker, it’s arguable the most important trilogy they had the chance of making. And it’s all destroyed. Can’t even reboot it now that Carrie is gone.

16. crazyewok

Oct 27, 2017
    The last jedi was a stinker. But they could fix things I episode 9 if they get a really good writer.
    To be honest not much happen in the last jedi anyway.
    Just:
    A very long chase in which the resistance got mauled.
    Luke trained Ray A bit then died.
    First order got a change in managemnt.

And really what made the last jedi bad was not what happened but how Rian Johnson told it.

I think it' perfectly salvagble.

17. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    @crazyewok - Please don't stack your posts. If you want to post again before someone has replied, then use the edit function.

18. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I loved Solo and think it is a great addition to Star Wars, but it was a train wreck of a production and a disappointment at the box office. Kennedy is getting a lot of hate for this, but you also need to look at the final product and the fact that the film even saw the light of day. So the way I see it is that Kennedy took a bad situation and at least salvaged it. That's not to say that the situation is good or that they shouldn't learn from their mistakes.

ewoksimon likes this.
  19. Contreras1991

Contreras1991 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 18, 2017
    i dont think so that she will leave soon, but i would not suprised if she did, since the lady turned 65 this year (or next, not sure), so I think she must be thinking that she is at an age to retire,the stress levels involved in managing lucasfilm could take its toll on her health

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    He did manage to get one or two things right....probably after reading my posts on here ;)

If she did go and it was September it would be at the end of principal photography of IX, that just doesn't make sense considering the gap between IX and Fett. But if it does happen i'd give the job to Filoni.

black_saber likes this.
  21. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yep. There were a multitude of bad things that happened along the way for Solo, but one poor performance is hardly enough to warrant Kennedy's exit after three big hits. Of course, if Episode IX underperforms, then that will be truly troublesome.

Senator Wan and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  22. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    This is a huge shot in the dark but are you simon from youtube who had a few videos about TLJ?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  23. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Who?

24. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_laugh] Okay sorry you must not be him. There was a Simon on youtube that made some really good TLJ critiques and I just threw out a stab in the dark that you might be him.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    ewoksimon likes this.
  25. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Nah, the name comes from Simon the Killer Ewok from Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds.

[​IMG]

Seagoat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.