main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kenobi : Ewan McGregor in potential Kenobi movie OR series

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Link? I am really curious.

Would LFL be that stupid not to consider Ewan McGregor for the role? Do they not care about the Box Office gross much? [face_laugh] I mean, if they wanted to tell a Qui-Gon Jinn story with a teenage Obi-Wan cameo, fine. But if they wanted to tell the post RotS-pre ANH story, why on earth would they not cast the same actor, who they have a good relationship with?

kalzeth likes this.
  2. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    It's all baseless speculation to generate clicks. If an Obi-Wan movie is going to be made Ewan will be starring. Period.

3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    You know, they got Jimmy Smits back to play Bail Organa. I'm pretty sure they'd get Ewan back to play Obi-Wan.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m also about 100% certain that Bail will appear in an Obi-wan film.

Satipo and Bossk_Baby like this.
  5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    If they are going to play with the Western, i think they should take more cues from Chinese and Japanese adaptations of the western to the martial arts context than they do the spaghetti western. Obi-Wan isnt a gunslinger, he's a swordsman. So, more Yojimbo or Have Sword Will Travel than The Man With No Name.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Agreed. The Kenobi reference made by Bail / Mon Mothma in R1 makes me all but certain. In retrospect this was not just a wink to fans but actually laying ground work for future installments, much like that surprise cameo in Solo..

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mothma appear either. Perhaps they covertly meet with Kenobi to urge his involvement in their rebellion.

Another thing I’m certain of - Joel Edgerton returning as Owen Lars. They got really luckily casting a talented actor in that side role, no way they don’t take advantage of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Disney recast Ewan & the movie does $380 mill ww

Disney casts Ewan & the movie does $850 mill ww

CaraJinn, sizziano and kalzeth like this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Oh Ewan is ready to go. Of course he is.
    And Joel would be a fine catch too.

And,if you can bring back Maul, you can bring back General Grievous.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Bossk_Baby and kalzeth like this.
  9. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    I think bringing in Temura Morrison as a clone (Cody?) would be a better idea.

GregMcP likes this.
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

The Grievous thing was me being deliberately dumb, but I like this movie that's a collection of the better Prequel actors put into an OT setting.

Yeah.
    It's a good angle Kathleen, so do it okay?

I have this little theory that Padme didn't actually die of a broken heart. (Seriously, who does that?). She was also packed off into Witness Protection, like her kids.
    No? Okay.

kalzeth likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The moment we receive confirmation that Admiral Raddus is also randomly in this film, I will burn all of my other SW films in anticipation of never watching anything, aside from Kenobi, ever again.

Kole, Bor Mullet and GregMcP like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yup. I also have a feeling we'll be seeing Mothma in the Favreau TV show.

Bossk_Baby likes this.
  13. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Hopefully Joel Edgerton too.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    ewoksimon and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Joel Edgerton has turned into one heck of an actor AND writer-director. I encourage people to watch The Gift. It's one of the most impressive directorial debuts I've seen since, well...Brick.

Not only would I love to see Uncle Owen have a significant role in a Kenobi film, but I'd love to see Edgerton direct a SW spinoff himself someday. Can't wait for his next movie later this year, Boy Erased, starring Lucas Hedges.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  15. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Well, he did have that Owen Lars anthology movie idea, so maybe he'll get a chance?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/joel-edgerton-star-wars-uncle-owen-2017-6?international=true&r=UK&IR=T

Darth Smurf likes this.
  16. ComfortablyNunb

Nov 21, 2015
    I'd rather see Edgerton direct a completely new story. The Gift showed how great he was at building tension and discomfort, so I'd like to see him do a SW "horror" film of some kind. As with Boba Fett, I only want to see Owen Lars as a supporting character.

17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    "My idea is that he could go out and have some adventure and then he comes back and slips back into that unassuming moisture farmer role,"
    I am not sure what character "Owen Lars" would understand as an adventure. Collecting mushrooms, hunting down Womp rats or visiting a night club at Mos Isley?
    [​IMG]
    I don't know.

18. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Has this been confirmed by Disney?

19. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Not yet.

20. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    They could do a comedic movie where they are both stuck in the Sarlacc's belly trying to figure a way out. Whilst trapped there, they have to work together but bicker the whole time like The Odd Couple.

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm all for all kinds of genres being cribbed by Star Wars, but I think they should avoid a full-on horror movie. Horror elements are fine, of course. As long as it's just one element in a larger non-horror narrative.

22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    No, but it is inevitable. :ben: :bluesaber: ;)

23. ComfortablyNunb

Nov 21, 2015
    When I say "horror," I mean something like Predator or even Annihilation, not a slasher film or something like The Conjuring.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I hope Disney - confirm the Kenobi movie ASAP with Ewan to Star & a release date of Dec 11 , 2020 ( 1 week a head of Avatar 2 )

Finland Skywalker likes this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It will probably be May 2020.

Bossk_Baby and Bor Mullet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.