main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kenu's art :3 Animated Droid and Jedi Firestarter woman 11/9

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kenu, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Heh! Kenu, you've got a great sense of humor. I love the pose he's doing with his fingers... it's such a used-car salesman thing. :D

2. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    LOL!!! The expression on both are priceless! :D Nice little sketch and I love your sense of humour! :)

3. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
  4. Spin

Spin Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    The BANANA's part of the song yes that is amusing, and so is that picture. XD Nice Comedy piece. LOL! Good job.;)

5. Ekkostar

Ekkostar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Beat me to it on the Sith/Hollaback Girl thing.
    I was going to write a parody the week after ROTS came out called "Sith Girl", but never got around to it.

Maybe I can draw something featuring some of the ROTS characters in a parody of R. Kelly's 'Trapped in the Closet pt. 1' video and if I can get to a scanner, I'll post it here.

BTW, I think I watch too many music videos for my own good...

6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I can't look at that pic without smiling. Wonderful faces and poses, I just love this picture.

7. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    YAY I am most pleased you guys liked that. It got a lot of hoots and laughs in the non-SW communities I'm on as well. XD

Ye haw...

This is like... 1/3rd the real size and I plan on doing a completed piece with some other of my chars from my fanfic, and possibly a young Obi, as my story is set when he is like... 14. SO YAY my exjedicharacterSpire. :3

[image=http://blackcatcrossing.ascifi.net/artis/spirepreview.jpg]

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I like the 3/4 view of the face, I think it looks great. Is the picture digitaly coloured, or is it paints?

9. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I swear I own those shoes. And I'm not a girl, so I'm not sure how I feel about that. [face_laugh]

Beautiful rendering and I like the unusual arrangement. Having the shoes, the face, and torso there seems to imply in your mind what the missing parts of the image look like. Your imagination pieces it all together, and I'm sure what I see is probably different than what someone else looking at this sees. Which is great, because it makes the viewer participate in the image.

10. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    hey :3

Soits: Toootally done in photoshop. I did shoot a pose of myself with my camera, and used it as a lighting and anatomy referance, but other than that, its totally photoshop ^_^

Wick: Well... you can call it blind luck, the layout, but I do see what you're talking about, viewer participation. I hadn't thought about it like that. She is a full body, but I didn't want to shrink her and loose detail so I chopped her up (how awful - talking about her like meat :p) Glad you like!

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I am so loving Karin!! Her expression, her clothing, her pose--and wicktone's shoes!! lol (j/k, wick... [face_laugh] )!! This is a wonderful study, Kenu--I especially like the beautiful shading you've done here, and all the little "scruffy" details on her clothing (like the little tear in her vest, just under her arm--really solidifies her "hardened" look). And I also like the composition, with the "viewer participation!" Cool concept! I get such a kick out of your comics and your humor, then you blow me away with a beautifully rendered piece like this... Versatility!! It's grand!! :D

FF

12. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I haven't been here in quite the while- The sith is bananas- LOL! You are way to funny!Excellent perspectives on your last piece, I pesonally love stuff like that- very dynamic.
    Great job Kenu!

Arsnl

13. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    yaaay check the first message in the thread for details as to why my server sucks and my art went biebie. but for now!

[image=http://digitalarts.bgsu.edu/portfolios/laurad/animate.jpg]

yay.
    painter. an hour. good times.

<3

14. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    Woooooo fire

[image=http://digitalarts.bgsu.edu/portfolios/laurad/firestarter.jpg]

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What an awesome android (if that's indeed what she is...?)!! I love the way you've made her reflective, with the light bouncing off her surfaces--and her posture and gesture seem very poignant to me for some reason... It's almost as though she's reaching out with a reverent hand, to something she "feels" something for... Very nice!

I rather get the idea that the young woman with the dark hair is a bit of a pyromaniac here, holding fire in her left hand while a conflagration rages all around her--her expression is quite chilling, and gives the definite impression that she's very pleased with herself and the devastation she appears to have wrought... She sure doesn't seem like a "good girl," anyway! ;) These are both beautifully done, Kenu--I like the palettes you chose for both of them, and the wonderful "brush-stroke" look of them--you've also included great detailing in them without it becoming too "busy." Great pieces, both!

=D=

FF

16. Kenu

May 22, 2005
    :D <3 ff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.