main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Keri Russell (Zorri Bliss) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ewoksimon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Wow, that is some cosplay. I wonder who it is dressed up in the picture. ;)

2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Perhaps she's a character being introduced in 9 with just a few scenes, but their plan is to establish an intriguing character and then write a Disney streaming series around her later as a spin-off.

3. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Dude that's Ashley Eckstein herself cosplaying her

4. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    KOR
    Apprentice of Kylo with Purple Lightsaber

5. FN1971

FN1971 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 13, 2018
    Kerri su such strong intimidating person by her small but powerfull determined look.
    If she is KOR she will stole first darksider role from Kylo Ren .

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Hardly anyone who sees this film will know her codename was Mara (if it is Mara) and even less will care. It's a non issue.

7. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I hope she is some manner of villain. Perhaps she and Poe have many run-ins.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know, why do you think I winked?

teamhansolo likes this.
  9. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    The crazy thing is you should hear how good she has the voice down! Best Cosplay possible. :p

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    teamhansolo likes this.
  10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I thought Shaak Ti looked pretty good in ROTS...If they do it right, I could see Ahsoka working well in live action. The only thing I think some fans might possibly have an issue with is whether or not the actor's facial features matchup to what they had in their head...to how they assumed Ahsoka would look in live action, based on the animated version. Then again, I suppose that could be a potential issue with ANY character that was introduced in animation first. Saw Gererra didn't apply IMO, cos there were so many things about his appearance that had changed over his time fighting with the Partisans-it makes sense he'd look different.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They could always mo-cap the actress. The bigger issue imo is that they'd need to properly explain who she is for those who haven't watched the animated shows.

12. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Maybe Mara became a KoR.?!.?

13. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    With all the talk about Keri possibly playing Ahsoka, I'm having flashbacks to those discussions about how Benecio Del Toro might be playing Ezra in TLJ.

Of course, anything's possible, but I'm still betting that she'll play an entirely new character that we couldn't possibly guess, just as Benecio did. Either that, or she's playing Chopper.

teamhansolo likes this.
  14. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Doubtful she's Ahsoka, though her playing a humanoid alien is something I really like the idea of!

Maybe JJ calling the character MARA is simply trolling the old school EU fans, having some fun with them, or maybe it means that Russell's character shares some general traits with Mara, even though she isn't actually her.

It's interesting to speculate what attributes of Mara they might be infusing into this new character Russell is playing.

Excellent fighting skills? I think that's a given, based on Russell's abilities and some scene rumors.

Force sensitive/light saber use? Hmm, possible. If not a lightsaber, then probably some kind of weapon like the Praetorian Guards had.

Connection to Luke or past Jedi? I doubt it, but would be cool if she was a former student of Luke's, maybe one of the ones that Kylo escaped with when the Temple was destroyed...

Snoke's back-up plan if Kylo didn't pass muster? Possible. And seeing the first dark side female character in live action would be great.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  15. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    When I first saw Shaak Ti and learned of the Togruta I'll be brutally honest. I had sort of taken the look closer to Padme's Queen regalia, or closer to an Aboriginal headdress and wasn't aware which aspects were meant to seem physically part of her as that species. I think it comes together pretty well when she's standing still and meditating like here:

But I'm not less sure how easy it would all be to buy moving around aspects of her head swaying and moving and smacking her in the face. In animated form Ahsoka Tano's somehow don't seem as strange. I'm not sure what it is. It's like they feel more part of her and like hair or horns or something. The animators also don't really have them smacking her in the head as much as she fights because they have more control over those elements. That would happen if they went prosthetic. I suppose they could CG those elements and do the same in live action and make them seem more rigid but the head might seem kind of bulky and funny in combat if they're too rigid and the horns are too big.

Probably just overthinking it. Maybe after a few moments of adjustment it would just be accepted.

16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The highlighted is actually part of why I would love to see a live action Togruta as a main character, cos I kind of like the exotic look-and it would be intriguing to see how live action would treat the "headpiece." I always imagined them to basically be the same as the Lekku on Twi'leks. No issues there. And perhaps the blue/white color could just be like a thing about whatever clan they'd be from, or some historical thing they're honoring from their culture, etc. It could be a nice surprise to learn some more about that-I always enjoy learning little tidbits of information about things we've always seen, just to find out it's a little different than we thought-it was simply just not addressed before...

Ender_and_Bean likes this.
  17. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I’d love to see Russell as a surviving Nightsister, or from some other dark side faction. Maybe they mentioned Dathomir in Solo for future world-building purposes...

GregMcP likes this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha! This character looks like her face is bursting out of a zebra striped turkey!

19. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I think a Togruta is doable in a live action, but I almost think it would take performance capture to do it well. What I like so much about the design is that it's an alien that doesn't just look human except some wrinkles on the forehead. Ahsoka doesn't look human to me in the cartoons. But with prosthetic additions like horns and tentacles in film, they very rarely look real. They look too light or too foamy. Basically they don't move right when they're supposed to move, and they don't seem stationary or heavy enough when they're supposed to be solid bone. I wouldn't want a big Togruta character in the film if they aren't going to do it right. Shaak Ti was fine in her PT cameos, but to bring Ahsoka to live action would imo require a bit more.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    wobbits and Ender_and_Bean like this.
  20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It would be funny if she is playing broom boy's mom. :p

21. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    And also lover of Kylo Ren, (that is why he hates the Jedi and Luke. Kylo was in love with Mara Jade (Keri Russell)

22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm intrigued to learn more about her character. Hopefully as the Months go on we will learn some things. But right now I'm going to curb my own speculations. But I've read some decent ones thus far.

teamhansolo likes this.
  23. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Call me crazy,but I think Keri will be playing Luke's wife and it will be shown she was the one dropping of Rey on Jakku.I don't know how J.J. will tell the story moving forward in Ep9,but I think she will show up at the end to fight alongside Rey.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  24. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    But why would she have done such a thing? And is that really what we want to see? Luke's wife takes his daughter and drops her off on a junkyard planet? We are then introducing Rey's mom in the final chapter and as a character Rey will have a major issue with and something big to resolve (her childhood abandonment). Seems like a lot to tackle and to throw into the final movie.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  25. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I don’t see any realistic way around mom being dead. That woman’s scream was rather telling.