main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Keri Russell (Zorri Bliss) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ewoksimon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    What do you mean? There's a woman screaming in Rey's flashback...So that means: 1) That female voice must be Rey's mother, not a sister, aunt, or a bystander or other slave of Unkar's on Jakku who is horrified by the scene, and 2) That Rey's mother, having been alive 10 years prior to TFA, must still be alive in IX.

2. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    A woman screaming in Ben’s memory, in Luke’s memory, and when the cave calls to Rey. I’m thinking that lady died. ~16 years after RotJ, I’m guessing.

Luke falsely believing his daughter dead? Believable. Luke falsely believing both his daughter and wife dead? All I can say is that I’ve yet to hear a theory that sounds plausible

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Big twist: The woman in question is Wilhelm's wife!

4. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Oh, Mrs. Wilhelm, I didn't see you there! ;)

5. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    RIP Mrs. Wilhelm. Unkar Plutt didn't mean to sit on you.

6. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Keri Russell will be 42-43 during the filming of IX. If Qi'ra was pregnant by the time of 'Solo', her daughter would have been 44 by the time of TLJ; and 28-29 by the time of her own scream, if it was hers.

Also, there seems to be a thread running from post TPM Maul (who was expelled from the sith and wanted revenge, and also believed that Luke was, in his words, the 'chosen one') to chosen one Ben/Kylo (the sith, the jedi...let it all die); by the look of it, both Luke and the KOR held Ben as a chosen one type of figure. That would put his 'I will finish what you started' in another perspective: Vader would have done the dark side part (finishing the sith) and Ben, chosen one by heritage, would finish the jedi.

So in one end we have Qi'ra having Maul, alternative darksider, as a boss and in the other we have Ben saying Maulesque things and fighting Rey (who was 'kira' at some point)

Keri Rusell's part is an action one. She would be like her mother at the end of Solo. Dyden Vos to Han:

"You can't win, Han,and even if you could,you'd spendthe rest of your life looking over your shoulder"
    "Han, she's done things thatyou could never understand,but I do.I understand her completely.Once you're a part of Crimson Dawn,you can't leave"

He must know. But so does Qi'ra. She is shown as being ordered/threatened by Maul. It would make sense, if she had a daughter, to send her away from those villains and from that life. But perhaps by that time the daughter was already corrupted or misled about some things.
    Sending him to Han would be an option. Its stated by Jon Kasdan that Leia knew about Qi'ra. And Leia also knew about Luke. She would send her own son later to Luke to keep him away from Snoke, another alternative darksider.

Later, Luke saw that woman in Ben's head and got angry. The screaming woman would have been 28-29 and Luke 39. 'Everything I love'

Theres more, but you get the picture. She would be Ben's step-sister (if Han was the father). Perhaps Rusell is another KOR, or another character, and this 44 yo woman, if she exists, wont be played by Russell. But Russell's age and the 'action scene' role (and her dark role -a tough communist spy with a no less tough backstory- in The Americans) seems to fit.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  8. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    I think you mean half-sister. Unless this is about Ben not being related to Han.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  9. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    God forbid. Half-sister, yeah.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not really.

Knessa84 and wobbits like this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Wow. So, what was that again?? :p

ScreamingWoman2019 and wobbits like this.
  12. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    @DARTH_BELO

Taking advantage of a ?????? character thread in a ?????? film.

Advantage as in 'fun'. Just trying to fit Keri Russell in this thread; taking some elements of 'Solo', in particular the Crimson Dawn past of Han catching up with him by the time Ben was a teenager, and taking into account the apparent continuity of an anti-jedi and anti-sith chosen-one believer dark side milieu beginning with Maul and extending, via KOR, to Kylo Ren. without discarding it all being a part of Snoke's plan to trap Ben (Maul would have been dead for 17-18 years) Something happened to Ben Solo (at the time he was 15-16) that involved Rey and the MF ending up in Jakku and that woman screaming inside his mind in TLJ that put Luke into a momentary rage. The scene in the TFA novelizations with little Rey and Han ('sweetheart') in the forest.

A daughter of Qi'ra (adopted or not, her being Han's daughter or not), known to Luke, would be the owner of said scream. Russell's and that woman's ages would match. To top it all, the theory puts forth that this ?????? woman survived her own scream and was present in Rey's vision. Its too late to unread all this, and I didnt warn you on purpose, so let me finish it: ?????? would be the person Ben/Kylos walking towards in the KOR scene, just behind adult Rey (who is not there)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold prediction! Keri Russell's character will not be related to Rey or Kylo.

14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  15. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    And yet more crap especulation.

https://www.instagram.com/ava/p/BqxZx0xldzX/

This lady:

[​IMG]

Peg Cullane from A Man Called Noon. A very evil character, first introduced as the mourning sister of another character.

http://fistfulofpasta.com/index.php?go=reviews/noonss

'A man loses his memory after a failed attempt to kill him. With the help of a wandering outlaw, he starts reconstructing the events that led to the assault on his life. It turns out that he has exceptional skills with a gun, and when he finds out that many people are afraid of him, he comes to think that he is the mysterious gunman called Noon, a ruthless man and a hired killer'

That amnesiac + exceptionally skilled character searching for his identity sounds familiar.

So I think Phasma was an echo of the backstory already established for Rey I like the idea of Keri Russell being Rey's Phasma, a Fett figure carrying a piece of Rey's backstory around, just like Fett (himself a Phasma kind of figure with a similar 'survivor' ethos) was the one who told Vader about 'skywalker'. Perhaps she will be a 'special' KOR, just like Fett was the 'special' bounty-hunter, plot wise, in TESB.

I also kinda like the idea of her having been Rey's 'Beru' before being Kylo's 'Fett', like T1 vs T2 Sarah Connor. In a way, T2 Sarah Connor 'forgot' her former self out of necessity.

16. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    just throwing this out there...

have we actually heard ANYTHING about her filming anything or being in the UK?

I'm sure on the other films we knew a lot more about the cast's movements

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  17. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    She's going to be a rework of Talon from Art of TFA and will be a KOR or snoke's second apprentice [​IMG]

18. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    Well I doubt she'll be a t'wilek. they seem to have died out along with most other OT and PT races.

They'll probably make her an Abednedo!

Can't have too many of them!

Django Fett likes this.
  19. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    What are all the OT and PT races in resistance case in point this week's Star Wars adventures #16 had Kaz race a twilek [​IMG]

20. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    well I recently called out another forum member for being negative so I probably should go into what I think of the resistance cartoon or why I stopped watching it after the first episode and a half :)

21. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    Kaz is probably the main reason people drop the show besides the idea its two kiddy. Kaz is too overactive for being a character thats in there late teens even one that was as sheltered and privileged as Kaz but I think hell get better in the second half. the show has played most of the first order scenes straight and hinted towards darkness in episode 6 they named dropped kylo and said that he destroyed a village these kids were from. Yeager's backstory with his brother was kinda dark and we have gotten black comedy scenes of Poe killing monkeys and Kaz accidentally killing a GUM droid . Thou I can see why people dropped the show.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  22. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    Yeah it was pretty much Kaz that was the problem for me. I don't buy it that kids need goofy characters to get them hooked.

Also most people's biggest complaint about Rebels seemed to be that Ezra was too goofy and Kaz is like Ezra on steroids. GOOFY steroids!

Anyway I guess we should get this back on track.

I think Keri Russell is playing Kaz's adopted Abednedo mother who is also a knight of ren.

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Every new female in SW is automatically Rey's mom- how does that work?

Keri will have a cougar relationship with Finn.

24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Confirmed! Keri’s character is a shape shifter!

leopardhk47, RetropME and Lee_ like this.
  25. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I am bored. Just throwing this out there. Maybe Keri's character is a Darksider, who has defected from the KOR; and has secretly aligned herself with Hux, in a coup against Kylo?