main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Keri Russell (Zorri Bliss) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ewoksimon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    Uh? When have the rumours changed? Last time I checked, Richard E. Grant was a member of the FO, and Matt Smith well, nobody seemed to know...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Matt Smith could be the lead KoR. I believe the other two actors mentioned are "spoken" for. Maybe there's only one KoR with significant dialog other than yes sir. Masked or unmasked, Smith would be great in that part.

godisawesome likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think knights will be one of the actors, they be mystery for the movie and have masks we get some lines from them and action scenes. we may see there faces but not by any known actors we know from this movie. Smith's most likley from the Beyond and Kerri looks to be a bounty hunter.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Smith could be the hair dryer headed Droid from the leaks or voicing a giant turtle that eats Hux.

HostofJakku likes this.
  5. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    Richard E Grant was leaked as a FO officer in the Costume leak and Monaghan was in rebel/resistance clothing.

The only actor that we have absolutely zero credible rumours about now is Matt Smith.

At least the Kerri rumours have some credibility to them after the original reddit mod leak.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha. Oops! I meant that those guys are basically confirmed to not be members of the KoR .

godisawesome and Mila Lazarus like this.
  7. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    MSW said matt is not a KoR

Rodie likes this.
  8. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yep I goofed that up. I meant KoR not FO.

Charlie07 likes this.
  9. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    yeah exactly, we've excluded him from one theory, but there's no credible theories as to what is he playing.

With Kerri, we at least now have a credible rumour as to what she is playing.

10. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Smith has the charisma to be a KoR with enough gravitas and personality to bounce well off Kylo...

...Plus, you can’t tell me that a Marvel comic series starring those two rampaging across the Galaxy before TFA wouldn’t sell like hot cakes.

11. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Bouncing off my earlier comment if Grant and Monaghan have the FO and Resistance officer roles cover respectively then I don’t think Kerri will be an additional officer for either side. Playing a member of the KoR seems more likely.

Rodie and godisawesome like this.
  12. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    SOMEONE has to be a Knight of Ren. I suppose if they are in the movie, they could just be voice actors doing ADR over the visual of masked stunt performers. But that seems like an awfully wasted opportunity. I'd think you'd want at least one of them to be a true character with personality in order to interact in a meaningful way with Kylo and/or the KoR's prey.

There's just so much potential for the KoR with Disney+...If it's Matt Smith leading them, imagine a series on Disney+ that stars Smith and follows the Knights and their dark side escapades prior to meeting Kylo Ren? Or set just before Episode IX with some references to the FO and Kylo in dialog, etc...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    godisawesome likes this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    If Kerri’s a member of the KoR what will her story be? Being a rival to Kylo? I guess if Kylo turns to the light and faces off against the KoR it would be more interesting to give one of the KoR a face and some character development.

Or maybe they want to make Kerri’s KoR character a mini boss? Giving her character some personality would certainly make it more interesting when facing off against Rey or whoever she fights.

I wonder if we first meet her unmasked and we don’t know who she is or what side she’s on but then after it seems like she’s a good guy she’ll then put on her KoR helmet? Don don don!!!

14. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    True, but they aren't always 100%.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  15. darthsutius

darthsutius Jedi Master

Nov 6, 2004
    Yep, he has his place - the three Prequel films all feature a different 'apprentice' for Palpatine to play with, and each one is a reflection of a part of his eventual final apprentice, Vader:

Maul represented pure Dark Side rage and anger
    Dooku represented the charismatic seductive side of the Sith
    Grevious represented the replacement of 'man' with machine

Of course, the Clone Wars / Rebels diluted that wonderful thematic work by making Maul a more interesting character than he should have been, but that's another story...

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m excited about her as a potential bounty hunter. There wasn’t enough of a criminal element in TLJ.

RetropME and Rodie like this.
  17. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Maybe Russell's bounty hunter and Poe have some kind of history. Maybe things get spicy.

18. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe her screentime will be like her's
    [​IMG]

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    • Keri Russell’s outfit is rose gold, extremely fancy like a Stormtrooper but with the armor split into triangles on a purple suit. Her helmet has the shape of an Olympic cycling helmet. She was seen on the snow planet.

One of the extras played a Gold Pilot, could she have her own ship and crew or possibly the guy was in Gold Squadron for the Resistance?

20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Wow you’re just gonna imply all small business owner bounty hunters are automatically outside the law? Rude.

Bor Mullet and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  21. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    http://scavengersholocron.com/category/home/episode-ix-spoilers-leaks-and-rumors-updated/

Poe and this 'Vera' character, if those leaks were correct, seem to be the 'spicy' ones. Or maybe Vera hires Russell as a booty hunter.

So Russell is -provided that JJ shoots in order- a)in the first act of the film (August) and, maybe, tied to the rebellion and, if the rumors are true b)near the end: the 'snow planet' scenes, filmed before christmas.

22. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    Keri playing a bounty hunter seems pretty boring. It makes it more likely she won't have a strong role in the plot, other than doing functional bounty hunter things. She won't be connected to Rey or Kylo's past.

KSennia likes this.
  23. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Ummmm...

Krueger likes this.
  24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Rey’s mom!

Darth Smurf likes this.
  25. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Yeah her being a bounty hunter would be more exciting to me if the story possibilities of her being a kor weren't more appealing. The kors used should give us new perspective on kylo that feels needed at this point and we're running out of actors who could have that kind of sized role. I hope Matt Smith is one

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019