main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Keri Russell (Zorri Bliss) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ewoksimon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    'Somebody getting up' -I wouldnt bet on that. But I'd bet on 'somebody' rather than 'the wind'. In any case, why would Ben/Kylo suddenly walk towards clothes being blowed by the wind? Rey is not there.

What is more, the vision echoes Obi-Wan's '[the force partially controls your actions] but it also obeys your commands]'.

In Rey's vision, the saber is first in control (Bespin, Luke's temple), and at the end Rey is -rather uncounsciously- partially in control (little Rey in Jakku, SKB forest+takodana). She alters the vision's narrative by including herself in it.

The transition between these two modes is the KOR segment. For a moment, we see things from Ben/Kylo's POV,while hes walking towards something thats behind adult Rey -and then, adult Rey hears little Rey behind her, saying 'come back!', supposedly to what she believes to be her family.

Its quite a jump. Why should she be seeing all this?

[​IMG]

Maybe this Zorii power ranger woman was there and had, before that, dropped Rey in Jakku.

Probably, that helmet will be taken off at some point in IX. Curious to see her hairdo.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I honestly believe that there is a thread connecting all of this... Rey is somehow connected to Luke and Kylo and I am guessing Episode IX will reveal the full story. Not sure how, but that's my thought. I was joking about the Mara thing but that would be crazy if she has read hair under that helmet...

3. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    Or buns, 'simple hairstyle designed for desert survival', as the TFA visual dictionary calls it. Designed by who? It is the only 'object' predating little Rey we have.

RetropME likes this.
  4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Was Kylo searching the bodies for something? Is there an object one of the dead had on them that Kylo wants?

Why should it be all connected to Anakin's lightsaber, it was present on Cloud City and it might be present when the clan get butchered by the KoR, but it's definitely not present when Unkar has his mitts on little Rey and I don't think Luke has it when Kylo ransacked the temple.

Does Zori have a link to the lightsaber?.

5. RetropME

Dec 11, 2017
    I personally think that Rey is the link to it all, not the lightsaber. She is somehow connected to Luke and Kylo in a way we are not yet aware of. Maybe Zorii is linked to them, maybe not.

6. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    What if she's Rey's mom, and really did sell her for drinking money because she's an opportunist (hence being a bounty hunter). Rey reunites with her, but Zorii irredeemably betrays Rey and ends up dead on Jakku by the end, making Kylo's vision in TLJ a premonition...

Revanfan1, Mila Lazarus and RetropME like this.
  7. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    Money, is she was a bounty hunter by then. Luke, if she was not. Or both.

In any case, if this pre-TFA hypothetical person in the KOR scene is Zorii,, then Ben/Kylo made an exception and spared her for whatever reason. Maybe out of 'weakness'; maybe he already knew her and could not do in cold blood what he had 'done' out of instinct, as teenage Ben Solo, years before. She survived, just like both Luke ('he must have thought I was dead') and Leia survived in TLJ.

Ben/Kylo seems to be pretty lousy when it comes to 'kill the past'. Han was him being efficient in that department, and maybe that's why he had to fail with all the others, in more or less intrincate ways. To underline more clearly the redemptive part of his arc. One corpse is enough.

Is Zorii that screaming woman inside Ben's head in TLJ (hut scene)? Is that what Luke saw? Is that the 'too much Vader' event Han talks about? A screaming man is also heard in the hut scene. Did Han knew her? Is this Zorii the 'Beru' of this trilogy, and was certain baby girl trusted to her in the past, and then lost? In that case, Leia would have known her too...maybe she 'felt responsible' at some point, as Luke would later with his nephew, and 'walked away from everything' into the bounty hunter life.

Ah, the unexhaustible realm of crapspeculation.

8. RetropME

Dec 11, 2017
    In the end, Zorii probably has no connection to Luke or Rey but it's fun to speculate.

9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    “Hello Rey, my mother Enfys taught me and now I will teach you.”

THE END

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Her father was Zorro.

RetropME and eko32eko7 like this.
  11. ScreamingWoman2019

Aug 11, 2018
    Josh Kirby's poster.
    [​IMG]

Leia, twice. In that episode of forces of destiny, things were retconned to make Leia-as-Boushh Maz Kanata's idea. Maybe Zorii being a bounty hunter is also an 'idea'.

Glitterstimm and RetropME like this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I like the look and I'm excited to see her character. Maybe she's Zam Wesell's granddaughter Zorii Wesell. :p

RetropME likes this.
  13. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    That's not how the Force works.

Aw, man.... Here I am hoping she keeps the helmet on.

14. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    She will prolly get eaten by a sand monster. Maybe she'll get eaten by Matt Smith's alien. *haha*

15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    "Who's the Bounty Hunter?"

"Zorii"

"I said, who's the Bounty Hunter?"

"Zorii."

"Don't make me shout..."

godisawesome and KSennia like this.
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah, maybe I jumped the gun...first impressions and all that. My feelings are just based on the look. You never know - once I see her in motion, with a cool voice and good action scenes I may end up loving the character :cool:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

KSennia likes this.
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Her helmet looks ridiculous..........in a good way. I love it.

RetropME likes this.
  19. RetropME

Dec 11, 2017
    I agree, her costume design is probably in my top 5 from the ST.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I like Zorii's helmet and outfit well enough. Though I would rather she be a lightsaber wielding Forceuser, instead of a Bounty Hunter. :( Unless she is in disguise, like Leia-as-Boush, as @ScreamingWoman2019 said. :)

21. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    When i saw that female bounty hunter in the leaked poster i immediately thought of Zam Wesell from AOTC. I mean the helmet is totally different but she does seem similar. Hopefully her screen time is somewhat significant and impactful to the story.

11-4D and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  22. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’ll confess I think that she’s in a helmet specifically so it can be taken off dramatically at some point; they already did the “perpetually masked character” thing with Phasma, and I’m really, really hoping that she’s more than a substitute Phasma.

23. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Kinda like how Jango and Phasma were just a substitute boba fett. Gotta have a mysterious mask wearing character in there somewhere right?

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I didn't know Episode IX was just going to be an adaptation of God Emperor of Dune.

11-4D and KSennia like this.
  25. RetropME

Dec 11, 2017
    At least Jango was a somewhat developed, interesting character... I like Boba and Phasma but Jango was easily the most interesting of the three.