main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Keri Russell (Zorri Bliss) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ewoksimon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    "Yes, I am your mom!" quote would be a bummer.

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I doubt there's any practical explanation for the helmet shape, it's just a riff on all that classic pulpy helmet stuff.

[​IMG]

Same as the rebel troopers ad Death Star imperial guys.

RetropME likes this.
  3. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Definitely think she has a connection with Rey. And if you breakdown her name slowly....ZO-RII, the last part sounds like Rey. Coincidence...?

4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't think it is a coincidence at all. I don't know if you visited the TFA forums back in 2015, but there was a leaked set photo I remember back then that showed Unkar Plutt and a young Rey standing before two people that sure gave me the impression that they Force Users. They were both dressed in Black Cloaks, but you never saw their faces. They were standing at the bottom of the landing platform of what we now know was "Rey's Family Ship" (note, not parents ship).

I remember that many folks suspected that those folks were her parents, but I'm not so sure of that. I actually believe Zorii is one of those folks dressed in the Black Cloaks.

5. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Possible. Doesn't quite square with her bounty hunter-esque getup now and the reports placing her in that droid factory though.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    could be Kylo has set a bounty on Rey. She "killed" Snoke even though he did but people can't know that....

7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I do like this idea, however let's also throw in Hux as a possibility. He seems more like the type to want payback for the death of his Supreme leader.

I know a friend of mine who tends to dig very deep into this stuff has said time and again that Rey's hairstyle for some reason is significant. I'm not sure of the connection myself, but she has been adamant that Rey going back to the hairdo that she wore as a child is going to spark some sort of memory.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    cerealbox and starocean90 like this.
  8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Hux isn't loyal though. In fact, Snoke, Hux, Kylo, Phasma are all treacherous characters who only care about their own ambitions. Hux is also complicit in the murder of his father as well.

his only issue might be that he was on better terms with Snoke than Kylo.

but you still have to explain Snoke's death and propaganda about assassination is better than Coup D'etat.

9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    You are correct on that, so propaganda is definitely a way to attract would be Bounty Hunters. I edited some of my post above to include parts of a conversation I had with someone. So perhaps Zorii gets the last photo of Rey with the straightened hairdo she had in TLJ, then when she does finally meet face to face she sees Rey with the Bun Hairdo and puts two and two together?

I know it sounds absolutely silly, but hey it sparks conversation I reckon? :)

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I actually hadn't noticed that Rey changed her hairstyle again.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    JJ obviously prefers her TFA hair style. RETCON!!

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah the change of hair style probably doesn't mean nothing. But the fact that she went and dug that deep was interesting. But she is retired, so she probably has nothing else to do.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I really hope she doesn't end up like DJ in becoming an instantly forgettable character, who's importance to the plot is really negligible in the grand scheme of things.

DarthRosie likes this.
  14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't have that same sense with her as I did with DJ. I think she has some major significance. At least I hope she does.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think many built up DJ beforehand because he was being played by Benicio del Toro.

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah that is true. I did notice that. I think the fact that we got her name so quickly and it wasn't vague initials like BDT's character is hopefully a sign that they won't be a secretive. We already know she is a Bounty Hunter. So I guess my main question that I would have is if she does end up possibly being a Relative of Rey's, how could that play out. Hopefully we get some more crumbs before the movie hits.

I would like to learn that Norii is Mandalorian. The only reason I hope for this is because there is a Legends arc that they could cherry pick from that could fit into this equation.

17. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    If Zorii is Mandalorian and a bounty hunter, wouldn't that be a bit too close to the plot of the live-action TV show coming this winter, The Mandalorian?
    Though to be honest, I wonder if Rey's past is somewhat like that plot. Zorii the bounty hunter was given a job to kidnap and either kill or deliver a young child to some bad guys, she grew fond of her, lied and told her that she was family, and kept her safe for a while. When it they were close to being found out, Zorii abandoned her on Jakku rather than give her up to be experimented upon or be killed.

18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, can't see her being a Mando. Probably human, don't think you'd cast Russell and keep her masked the entire time, but pretty sure she'll be garden-variety bounty hunter or something similar rather than bound to all the Mando connotations.

19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Actually I completely forgot about the Mando show while thinking about Norii possibly being a Mando herself. Good catch. Actually the theory rattling around my brain had more to do with the Republic Commando book series from Legends.

20. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Rey has her TFA hairstyle so that they can blend in the unused footage from TFA of her and Leia together. That's why the costume is similar as well, just overlaying some digital effects onto her TFA costume turns it into the TROS version.

21. Goat Cheese

Goat Cheese Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2019
    I know since the moment she was cast people were on the mom train, but Keri can pass as pretty young (there is only a 16 year difference). Any chance she is straight up Rey's sister? As in, a teenage girl and her very young sister are sold by their parents into the Jakku Economy. After a few years the older sister flies off world with a mercenary outfit promising to return, leaving her little sister with the junkboss (meaning the vision we saw wasn't the moments the parents left, rectifying some of the messiness of the vision). Rey just hasn't got around to telling anybody yet because, frankly, she hasn't had any downtime with her friends.

22. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Im gonna say that she has no relation to Rey... I was hopeful but not after the leaked character description and costume.

23. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    What was the description? Her being a bounty hunter?

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't care who she plays, just as long as she has a really cool hat.

25. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018

In the TLJ novelization, Rey has two theories about her parents leaving her behind: it was either a mistake or a grim necessity.

Anyway:

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-leia-remember-padme-why-book/

Leia and Luke had parents and adoptive parents. But her parents (her mother) double, in these way, as her birth mother and as the ghostly, non-canonical (=not ROTS Padme) 'flashes from infancy' mother

Leia 'getting short shrift somewhat' was the origin of these fluctuations regarding her mother.

In the ST, Ben's been given Han and Leia, his birth parents, and thats it in the adoptive parents department; but 'Rey' seems to incorporate and retcon the 'fluctuations' in the previous films/novels. I dont think it is a concidence that we have already little Rey -old enough to 'recognize her parents if she saw them'.

So, lets say theres a woman between the OT generation (Han, Leia, Luke) and the female ST hero modeled after the OT female hero (Leia)

In the same ROTJ novelization, and in some of the drafts for ROTJ, Owen and Obi-Wan were brothers. OT Obi-Wan would be ST Luke. But Luke's only sibling is Leia.

She could be Luke's daughter. But, had she been born during or shortly after ROTJ, she would be 30 by now. She would have taken care of 'Rey' when she was 13-15. I dont think that the 'parents' image Rey has in her mind correspond with a 13-15yo mother. Ill discard that.

Of course, it could be a daughter dating to pre-ROTJ Luke. But, considering he had no children in Tatooine, the window (3 years) seems very narrow.

OT Luke was too young. But Han wasnt.

If Qi'ra had been pregnant during 'Solo' her daughter would be 44-47 (Solo spans 3 years) Keri Russell's 43.

One wonders if thats one of the reasons 'Solo's story came up in the first place.

Qi'ra>Leia>Qi'ra Solo. 'Rey' was Kira at some point.

Its similar to Ben (Kenobi)>Han>Ben (Solo)

Vader's grandchildren would have, thus, the names of Leia's last hope in ANH and of another 'guardian' figure, this time belonging to Han's past life. Leia knew of Qi'ra according to some materials, and maybe this daughter resurfaced in Han's life after ROTJ. 'A big mistake', Han calls his thing with Qi'ra while talking of her to Leia in a comic (between ANH and TESB) We know it wasnt a mistake, and that maybe Han was protected because of what Qi'ra had done. Obi-Wan/Ben had sacrificed himself too in ANH.

I think Qi'ra is dead, but Ben and 'Rey' got to have a half-sister. Leia would have trusted her baby girl Qi'ra to her.

https://vmagazine.com/article/driving-miss-daisy/

Thats Ms. Ridley approving this post. Which is bold, because it may be crap before the end of the year. She must know.

Leia knew of Qi'ra, but what about Luke? Theres Luke's reaction in the hut after he sees something inside Ben's head. A screaming woman is heard. Luke lost it for a moment.

Maybe it was him the one who discovered (and/or saved?) this daughter, and maybe something more than that. 'Everything I love', he says to Rey. By that time, he would have been 39 and this theoretical, woman, 29.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    DarthRosie likes this.