main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Keri Russell (Zorri Bliss) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ewoksimon, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I'm not gonna lie, been thinking this was a strong possibility since they announced she had a role....right after her big television show wraps up after 5 years......and she's in great shape, she could easily play either younger or older at will with very little makeup and effects needed. Granted, when I was thinking this, I was still hoping she'd end up as Mara Jade (which I've pretty much finally let go of), but the logic of her signing and having a TV show (or just semi-regular appearances) on the back burner is still sound.

Ender_and_Bean likes this.
  2. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Totally agree that with very little de-aging they could make her seem like she’s 29 no problem. They even have the old footage to compare to like what they did with Will Smith.

She’ll be 44 in 5 months and has had 3 children!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    What's the de-ageing thing referencing, like if they ever go and do a show about the ol' smuggling days with Poe?

Can't really see it happening, personally, seems a little unnecessary.

Also, wow, I was also going to comment about how the age difference between the two actors isn't a big deal, it's not that much, but then just saw that Oscar's 40 anyway. Weird, why did I figure he was younger than that? Well, even more of a non-issue then.

4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    New shot courtesy of Entertainment Weekly. Looks like she's talking to Poe.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I might have missed something, but why would she need to be 29?

6. Darthur C. Clarke

Jul 8, 2016
    I don't think there is a specific reason for it; but with the Mandalorian taking place in the past (compared to TROS), the character would have to be significantly younger to play younger Zorii in that series, or any other one that may come up between then and the TFA portion of the timeline. I think it was just a random statement of potential that doesn't have a specific direction.

7. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Here's a new thought: maybe Zorii will betray Poe and the gang.

8. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    How could it take place back around The Mandalorian, Darthur? It'd have to be way closer to the ST than that if they were going to do a Poe/Zorii thing.

Mando's only a few years after Jedi, they'd be kids.

9. FirstOrder

FirstOrder Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 26, 2015
    Is the character an alien? Could be one way to explain a slow-age process. [face_thinking]

Or Disney could slap that de-age cream on her.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, got it. Thanks. I missed the reference to the Mandalorian. Hard to follow conversations without direct quoting...

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  11. Darthur C. Clarke

Jul 8, 2016
    You're right, wouldn't work at that time frame. But would in one closer to TFA, but still set a chunk before. Like I said, I think its just a statement of potential, and that still holds true in large bottom half portions of the massive swath of time between Mando and TFA.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Looks like she's giving him the coin thingy that allows the group to get past First Order defenses. Just another spoiler from MSW and JP backed up by official images.

RetropME, Bor Mullet and reyvision like this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    She looks super cool!!!!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Very cooool.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Space-Rocketeer, Space-Rocketeer, does whatever a Space-Rocketeer does...

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Maybe this has something to do with 3PO's plot?

17. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    According to the JP leaks, Zorii is around in that final battle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darth Smurf and Alien Vanguard like this.
  18. darth_of_denmark

darth_of_denmark Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I got a feeling that this character will surprise me in a very positive way :) No idea why since Phasma was a real letdown probably because there has been too many characters in this trilogy so far (Not enough screentime for poor Phasma).
    Anyways, I have high hopes for Zorii :)

19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It's a First Order 'token/medallion' that Zorii gives to Poe. This enables them to get past the security on Kylo's ship to rescue Chewie and the Falcon.

20. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    So if the leaks are accurate, how do you guys think they'll handle the whole Poe/Zorii will-they-or-wont-they side romance type thing?

21. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I feel like a second actual romance between one of the main trio plus a supporting character would come off as a bit much, so I'm hoping it's in the realm of one-sided crush. Which it sounds like it might, given Zorii shuts him down at the end according to the leaks.

22. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If anything I think Zorii will get her own limited series, if she's popular in the film... like Obi-Wan, maybe 6 hour long episodes?

I don't see them shoe-horning her into The Mandolorian or Rogue One series, even if she is an alien and the age wouldn't be an issue. I think she gets her own thing. Keri Russell is amazing and a proven lead actress on TV, setting her story after TROS, or within the year between TLJ and TROS would be more interesting anyway, and cover a time period that the other three developing Disney+ series don't touch.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    wicket1138 likes this.
  23. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Would watch, 100%. I'm an easy target here, but I'd be on board from the costume design alone. I'd be on board from Keri Russell in Star Wars alone.

I'd look at Zorri being to the Sequel Trilogy as the Mandalorian is to the Original Trilogy... watch the galactic aftermath unfold through her lens.

24. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
  25. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Rian Johnson, march 2017 (Instagram):
    [​IMG]
    There's a woman screaming inside Ben's head when Luke takes a look inside. He says to Yoda in TLJ: 'I was weak, unwise'.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019