main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Oh THAT'S going to be a VERY interesting meeting for sure!!! With GE not living up to potential, TROS doing well but far below expectations, and merchandise pretty much disappearing, I'm SURE the shareholders will be very curious as to what Iger has to say!!!

Announcements about the future? Shareholders will want that but I'm not so sure Iger will be ready to dive deep into it.

2. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Can we stop saying that GE is not living up to potential? It is not true. All these stories happened before the main ride was open.

Many many visitors say it is possibly the best ride in the park.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202001/7225/

January 19, 2020, 2:33 PM · Want to get on Disneyland's new Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance ride? You'd better get up early. And you'd better get lucky, too.

Disneyland is using what it is calling a virtual queue system to manage the crowd for Rise of the Resistance. Park guests must use the official Disneyland app to enter the queue, where they will be assigned a "boarding group" number that will be called via an app notification later in the day.

Guests must be inside the park to join the virtual queue, which opens at the park's published opening time. But guests are slamming the app as soon as the queue opens, resulting in all of the day's boarding groups being claimed within minutes. And it's getting worse each day. This morning, all the groups were gone for the day within just two minutes.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    GE doesnt live up to potential and LF/Disney expectations. You need to be very well on that Disney pill to ignore its problems with popularity.

2Cleva likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Get better screenwriters and directors then

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I love how the picture you painted so obviously and conveniently left out “The Mandalorian being the #1 TV show in the WORLD.”

The self awareness is not so strong with this one. See above. I think the “Disney hate pill” is a much more potent distorter of reality.

6. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I do like the idea of a mission where nobody returned.

Demon4x4 and King Maul like this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I mean, we got that from Rogue One. That's a one-sentence summary of the whole film, really.

Mostly Handless and chrcharcor2 like this.
  8. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Which part of the following sentence is not clear: "guests are slamming the app as soon as the queue opens, resulting in all of the day's boarding groups being claimed within minutes. And it's getting worse each day. This morning, all the groups were gone for the day within just two minutes."

This info is from yesterday and comes from Theme Park Insider. I wonder who will I trust, random person on internet saying it does not live up to potential, or facts by actual people going to the actual park reporting that the actual queues are so extreme that all groups are gone for the day within two minutes.

So yes, it has a problem with popularity: way too much popularity.

BigAl6ft6 and smudger9 like this.
  9. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Unfortunately confirmation bias is becoming a massive problem in society.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  10. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Well, yeah, true, but I was actually interpreting it as reverse.

In times of peace, a group of Jedi (or Republic) explores an unknown region. They never return and are never heard from. This is what triggers the Jedi decision to find out what happens to them, leading them to the UR's looking for those who were lost, and ends up getting them into a trap.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I could certainly see Waititi being the director of whatever Feige is working on. It better fits with his schedule than the 2022 film would and there's obviously a working relationship already between him and Feige. Makes perfect sense.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  12. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Disney historian Jim Hill says he’s heard the actor MCU actor that Kevin Feige reached out to is Samuel L Jackson. Apparently Feige’s movie will follow Ahsoka Tano. Jim Hill also said Feige plans to cast Brie Larson as Ahsoka. These are the rumblings he’s heard from within Marvel Studios. It could also be the reason the Kenobi show was cancelled. They may need Ewan for this instead.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So Brie Larson, 31, will play 15 year old Ahsoka. Yeah, I call BS on that. And the rest of that rumour too.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Kenobi show was not canceled.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    But, but, but...Disney historian Jim Hill said so!

Unless historians are better at describing past events vs. current ones, I’ve gotta go with the indomitable Jim Hill on this one.

16. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The Kenobi show has been put on indefinite hold according to Collider. The crew was sent home.

17. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    The Collider isn't typically reliable but The Hollywood Reported confirmed it.

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Nope. Delayed. Filming pushed to next January instead of this August.

19. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Ewan McGregor himself says otherwise.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    bull rumors nothing to see here. also Collider is almost as bad as wegotthiscovered now.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Ewan doesn't counter that the writer's been canned and there's been an altered production approach, though. It's not one or the other. Sounds like the reports are semi-accurate, they just overstepped with the "sidelined indefinitely" stuff. It's still happening, but shooting later than announced, and the writer's been curbstomped.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I get it. If I was a crew member, I would be there until yesterday. Now Disney suddenly sends me home.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Disney sent me home too. Because I don’t work there, and was trespassing.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Careful, next time you’ll get arrested.

Darth Chiznuk and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Must be great to be a successful producer under the Disney umbrella. If Feige wanted to challenge himself with diverse projects, he could dabble between Disney animation, live action, Star Wars, and Marvel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.