main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Lee_

Lee_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    That's where all of the speculation and conspiracy theories have arisen from- just what is his level of involvement? More of a figurehead from what Feige himself has recently said. Producing one movie (or even coproducing with KK perhaps?) that he isn't writing or directing isn't exactly a Feige-led LFL coup.

2. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    I of course was joking in my "Kevin Feige was going to take over Star Wars" bit.

No, but y'know, for some Kathleen Kennedy is always on the verge of being fired, or whatever else the latest conspiracies are. And Kevin Feige is just that latest.

(And totally unrelated, but I guess on some list of "richest" producers in Hollywood, Kevin Feige isn't even on the list, but Kathleen Kennedy, and Steven Spielberg are; and of course George Lucas. That list is highly subjective though, I believe, and out of date; because Kevin Feige is definitely up there. I'm not sure if anyone has been more successful over the last 10 years than he has. Either way, he and Kathleen Kennedy are both super-producers.)

Anyway, honestly, I don't see Kevin Feige leaving Marvel anytime soon. I assume he still wants to do the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. And I'm not sure if either one of those are even going to start within the next five years; the Fantastic Four at the earliest, I guess, and that's probably about four years away.

But yeah, Kevin Feige has his fans, but the guy can only do so much, and he seems happy at Marvel. I don't get the impression that he wants out of there where he's loved, just to jump over to Star Wars where he will eventually be hated.

Because if some Star Wars fans can hate George Lucas, then no one has a chance. :cool:

Lee_ likes this.