main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I wonder if Chloe would get her own films.

Orion Zalnon likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Based on her recent comments about the Feige-produced Star Wars project, it seems likely, though not confirmed.

PymParticles and Orion Zalnon like this.
  3. Orion Zalnon

Orion Zalnon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 20, 2021
    As long as we get a Star Wars film(or films) that take place in a completely different era. I think it's time we got really far away from the time period in ANH. I want to see something that takes place THOUSANDS of years before ANH. As I said in another thread, the only thing that should make a new Star Wars legacy clearly Star Wars is the Aliens, the force, lightsabers, and maybe costumes. I agreed with somebody recently that there should be no Skywalkers, No Kenobis, no Yodas(unless it's a relative, like Master Vandaar).

If Star Wars wants to thrive, it needs to evolve. As much as I love the Sequel Trilogy, I think Disney can stand to create something that explores the completely unknown periods in the history of Star Wars.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  4. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Agree I’ve been wanting force users origin for years and it could be a complete diff lineage it doesn’t even have to eve with them dead because it’s so many years before there was rumors that’s the Star Wars films that the game of thrones ppl were doing and I hope someone pitched something just as good.

Orion Zalnon likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  6. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Curious to this, even after Eternals (for me it's a ok movie, but not incredible), she's a interesting director, however, because the classic lucasfilm movie drama, everything can happen...

Sarge likes this.
  7. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I feel like Disney was going to announce this on Monday but held off after the bad reviews for Eternals which is why we’re getting all these leaks. Disney usually likes to announce these things after a big weekend.

8. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I think Zhao is a much more interesting filmmaker than Jenkins. Hoping that, if this is true, she isn't kept on quite as short a leash here as she seemed to have been with certain elements of Eternals.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I always wait for confirmation from Cracked's Twitter account. They're my top source for reliable releases.

Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    As someone who hates most MCU garbage i found The Eternals to be ok, almost good. "Almost" because at times it felt like the "marvel obligations" drag it down, and dont get me started on the FX, one of the worst i've ever seen. But i thought the director brought an interesting sensibility and good film making. One of the few marvel movies that felt like an actual movie and not a commercial for hyperactive kids. And i believe she was the reason for that...in the end i think she can deliver a good SW movie & i'm more hyped by her than Jenkins, so if true it's good news. Hmm..Feige is producing? Not sure too sure about that haha..

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    rocknroll41 and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Zhao is a hundred times more interesting than Jenkins. Looking forward to this, if true.
    This. She brings actual…filmmaking to her films, instead of just saying “**** it, this is genre trash so let me just throw a bunch of junk in here.” I have a feeling that whatever she makes will have the lasting cinematic quality of Rogue One.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Could this be the High Republic.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Hmmm....certainly looks like it. I just hope for an announcement soon.

14. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That makes more sense.

A Jedi/Sith origin story or build off Disney+ stories. Anything else seems like a bad idea.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This is likley a one off with Feige, could be a trilogy. This could be the 300 years before TPM.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Likely a one off. Likely the 300 years before TPM.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With High Republic animation in work it makes sense for them to make movies and other live actions of this era.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  19. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Is a High Republic cartoon confirmed?

Something about this is fishy. The scooper from a few days ago who called the RS delay said that the 2023 film would not be Taika’s or Feige’s, and now it’s looking more likely that the 2023 one is indeed High Republic, and now this tweet seems to imply that Zhao/Waldron/Feige’s film is either THR or TOR. And then there’s Taika’s, which some evidence pointed towards being a jedi origins film, of some kind.

There’s some disconnect with the info, here. It almost sounds like Lucasfilm is planning a loose “reverse-trilogy,” of some kind…

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Old Republic would be even further back.

EHT and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They talked abou the Old Republic no being any of the announced, but High Republic could be as that been in works for a long time. The Aniamtion has been rumored for long time and might soon come.

Yeah but Old Republic would be too big for a one off, and it seems they have other things working on with High Republic.

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Likely a 9 movie saga, set 300 hours before TPM.

Source: Just trust me ;)

23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Seems likely and reliable.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    3 movies in High Republic, you heard it here first.

25. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I heard it here first, and before that I heard it was a one-off!

Bor Mullet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.