main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    The Eternals was a good surprise. It's at its best when it doesnt feel like a marvel movie. I think it's the first marvel movie i watched that felt like its director wanted to make a proper movie, not some dumb trash. Kudos for that. Too bad a few marvel-ish elements stop it from being as good as it could be. Also the CGI are terrible, especially the deviants..bad design too...luckily lucasfilm productions are top notch when it comes to Fx and design..

Despite of it, Eternals has a more intimate, introspective tone, some filmmaking ambitions that set it apart from iron man and co...zhao making a star was would be a great choice, far better than jenkins (whose filmcraft wears all the signs of your typical substandard blockbusters). All she would need is a solid script.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Leakers are taking a huge L today lol.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This has been an incredible marketing day. I've not felt this level of emotion about a company brand in years. They should have shown a sizzle reel of my dog dying or a release date for my house catching fire.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It's impressive! They even managed an anti-announcement.

7. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    When do we think we’ll get film announcements aka which days to next look out for ?

8. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The leakers should spend the day taking a leak.

9. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Celebration.

10. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Damn All the way in may is the day we can next look forward too? nothing sooner

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Lucasfilm’s slogan for the day should’ve been: “Nevermind. Just go watch Dune again.”

12. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Don't mind if I do. Gonna rewatch it tonight, I think!

13. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    To be fair, as someone else pointed out once we hit December 29th we should almost have weekly content up to may, depending on when Bad Batch and Kenobi air. So the wait for “new info” won’t be as bad.

14. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Those both don’t inch rest me at all so I’m out here shivering in the cold I know I’m in the minority but I’m someone who prefers the live action stuff and I really am not interested in bobba fett so I’m waiting for obi and the Jedi stuff.

15. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    When does it leave hbo max

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not sure.

17. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    I think in a month so like probs Nov 22 that’s when dune came out.

18. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Not sure what they were thinking. I went to the surprise Disney plus Star Wars screening, and I was very disappointed in the selection. Without ruining it, I'll say it's a good enough movie, but the audience in my theater moaned when it came on, clearly disappointed. This should have been an easy selection, as IMO, there are two or three no brainers that would've made everyone happy, but they didn't go the obvious way.

19. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Is Kevin feiges Star Wars movie still happening?

I have not read anything on the news just recently?

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There is no new information on the subject.

21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Why wouldn't it?

Not hearing any news about it is hardly surprising, considering it would still be in early development. How many movies can you think of, that offered a constant stream of updates before even starting principal photography?

Normally you would get an announcement, and then, in the months leading up to principal photography, some news about actors joining. Outside of that, you might get the very occasional news about a project switching writers (see Indy IV or V). That's about it. Any real flow of information will only follow when the release is nearing, or, to a much lesser extend, if the production team feels generous and gives out some tiny bits and pieces while shooting the movie.

Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Fiege formed a support group to process everyone's feelings of LFL abandonment after losing their directing position. Poor Colin just couldn't stop crying at the first meeting, but he was comforted by Phil and Chris, who hugged him and told him they understood just how he felt.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Screenwriter Michael Waldron (Loki, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness) gave a brief, if unrevealing, update on this movie in an interview with Variety. Sounds like the script is well underway.

Variety: "Now that you’re done with this movie, how far along are you with the “Star Wars” movie you’re working on with Feige?"

Michael Waldron: "We’re finally into it in earnest. I mean, I’m writing away. It’s a lot of fun. I’m enjoying having the freedom on that to do something that’s not necessarily a sequel or anything. It maybe has a little bit less of a — it just doesn’t have a bunch of TV shows and movies that you’re servicing on top of it, the way I did with “Doctor Strange.” So it’s nice. It feels like a different exercise."

24. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I haven’t seen Doctor Strange 2 yet but one of the main complaints seems to be that Michael Waldron’s script is terrible.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There are so many great writers out there and LFL has so much money and…they get Michael Waldron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.