main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kevin Feige to Produce New Standalone Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by RokurGepta, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    You may very well be correct, time will tell. I guess I feel lukewarm over Feige in general. He accomplished a lot by turning Marvel into such a behemoth, but I’m not sure it will translate to Star Wars. The ST problems have proven, imo, that you need long term planning from a single creative lead in order to pull off the kind of storytelling we got in the OT and PT. I think Feige could be trusted to make a trilogy, but I’m not sure I’d trust him with the keys to the whole kingdom the way Lucas managed the EU after ROTJ and into the PT. Frankly, I’m just not a fan of the MCU, they’re not interesting movies, and usually not good either. We’ll surely have ample opportunity to debate their quality in the future so I won’t get too much into it now, but they’re just awful for the most part, and completely devoid of ideas compared to classic SW.

cwustudent likes this.
  2. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I'm sure somebody beat me to this, having not read all the way down the thread yet, but: You literally just summarized Luke's arc through the original trilogy.

KSennia, Pro Scoundrel and 2Cleva like this.
  3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Feige to produce, Filoni to direct an Ahsoka goes to the UR movie...who to star though? I wouldn’t really want this but depending on how Filoni goes with directing some Mandalorian episodes I could definitely see him get a feature film.

4. RokurGepta

Oct 23, 2010
    What even huh though?

That show is absolutely going to happen. Every studio in the world is pouring billions into creating original content for their streaming services. They are leveraging every exclusive franchise they own to draw in subscribers, and every original show produced by Disney is another exclusive draw to their streaming service.

Rogue One was critically and commercially a massive success, and if you want to believe Disney is course correcting after TLJ due to fan reaction, then that would mean Disney is also paying attention to the hugely positive fan reaction to Rogue One. A TV show spinoff with original cast members reprising their roles is a no-brainer for Disney+. It's one more segment of the audience they can get to subscribe, just like Obi-Wan is drawing in the prequel fans.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Some posts have said that it may be a sign that LFL management is under duress but on the flipside if the biggest Mega Producer in Hollywood says he wants a crack at your IP, you say yes, even if things are terrible or entirely hunky dory.

It's possible Feige would want to adapt something and LFL may point him towards Legends materiel instead of something canon like the comic Doctor Aphra (LFL seems good about the creators of a character in certain medium steer that character's ship in medium they originated from, minus a Saw being exploded in R1 here or there). So now basically I just realized we're getting a Mara Jade movie with Scarlett Johansson and Sebastian Stan as Luke. Double Yahooo!

6. RokurGepta

Oct 23, 2010
    Exactly. It shows how potent of a brand Star Wars is that they're attracting top-level, high-demand people.

Plus Cumberbatch as Thrawn? Or would all three of those fan castings becoming reality be too much for the internet to handle?

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

wobbits and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hahah we get full on Heir to the Empire with Stan Luke, ScarJo Mara and Cumberbatch Thrawn and Ian McKellen C'Boath the Internet melts.

(although I would be totally okay with Lars Mikkelsen who does Thrawn on Rebels plays him in live action)

9. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The average filmgoer would be completely confused but holy hell the fanbase would lose their minds. Want to really bring back ALL then fans? Do that!

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. RokurGepta

Oct 23, 2010
    Wait, we gotta keep C'Baoth in the Marvel alumni family for this to work. So...Stellan Sarsgaard? Sir Anthony Hopkins?

Luke02 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I was going to go with Sir Patrick Stewart and he is Marvel, just not MCU, as Xavier.

I did think for a moment Sylvester Stallone was in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 so there's your C'Boath right there. He does look pretty jacked on the cover of Heir to the Empire, y'know.

RokurGepta and Luke02 like this.
  12. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I thought Pierce Brosnan was already Disney's live action Thrawn?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    How do you pronounce C’Baoth again?

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    No idea. "Say BoaAth". How I heard it in my head for decades.

cwustudent and Glitterstimm like this.
  15. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I always pronounced it “see-boathe”. Totally wrong way to say it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    The original trilogy was nothing like these Marvel cringe comedies Feige makes. Count me out if Feige is planning to cast Brie Larson in Star Wars to troll SW fans.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Brie Larson to play grown up kid from the Ewok TV movies, yahoo!!

18. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I'm good with this. Especially since they steered clear of the Bucky/Natasha romance from the comics no matter how hard people lobbied.

BigAl6ft6 and Luke02 like this.
  19. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I don’t particularly like Brie Larson so I’m hoping it’s not her. Could I please request Cillian Murphy (never going to happen) and Ana de Armas? Pleaaaase?

20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Aw cute little blond curly haired Cindel...

21. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    We definitely need a cohesive vision more clearly defined than that.

cwustudent and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  22. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Actually, when you consider its ambition and scope, the old EU was remarkably cohesive.

KSennia and Tython Awakening like this.
  23. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Yes, but it wasn't exactly 'overseen' by Lucas. He contributed to a couple of stories, but it was overseen by the publishers and other people at Lucasfilm I believe. I'd argue that it's less cohesive than the current canon supplementary material (this isn't a slight against it necessarily, I just think it is).

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Except for all the prequel references in the 90's stuff before the prequels came out.

and then TCW overriding everything in 08 WHICH WAS LUCAS'S CHOICE!...Just Fyi

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2019
    DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  25. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    True, and notice I specifically said EU of the 90's. Don't even get me started on the Korriban--->Moriband or Mandalorians retcon, I was as disappointed by all the post PT changes as anyone. Still, what he did was no small feat.

He had final say on all of it, and under his leadership LFL *mostly* chose the right artists/authors for the right projects. Kennedy has botched that imo. Maybe it's just too big a task for her, to be producing the films and managing the nu EU at the same time but personally, I haven't been impressed with the results. Have you tried reading the new books or comics? The difference in quality is night and day imo.

Tython Awakening likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.