main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie Keycon 2005

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by abodeofthedamned, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abodeofthedamned

abodeofthedamned Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    Greetings all.
    As many of you may or may not know, The Evil Within, a Winnipeg based Star Wars fan film, is going to be a major presence at this years Convention. Clayton T. Stewart, the director of the project, has been made the official media guest. We will be having a three-hour block Saturday for a screening of the FINISHED film followed by a Q & A period in the Peregrine room.
    And now we have been offered space for a Hospitality Suite.
    Which brings me to my purpose. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
    We are looking to run the suite from 8pm Sat to the last person standing. We have four two-hour shifts to be filled. The more people we can get to staff the suite the better. However if there is enough interest we would like to be open Friday night as well.
    Beverages are being provided by Mark & Scott from Game Knight.
    The old Klingon tables and chairs will be making a reappearance for furnishings. I?m sure many of you remember those! (Perhaps not fondly.)
    As well The Antigravity Project will be on hand providing entertainment.
    But we need serving staff and volunteers for setup and teardown.
    We will also need access to a van or pickup to retrieve the furnishings.
    This opportunity has been thrust on us at the last minute but I?m sure with enough help we can pull it off. It?s a Star Wars Year! The last of the Sextology is being released. We need a Star Wars themed Con Suite!
    You can contact myself, Corey Toews or Clayton Stewart.
    And be sure to visit us at our website.
    For those of you not in the know, Keycon is Winnipeg?s longest running Science fiction/ Fantasy convention. It runs every year during the May long weekend. Keycon boasts Gaming, discussion panels and demonstrations on every conceivable topic, themed hospitality suites, a social, celebrity guests and three days of social interaction with Fandom from around North America.
    This year marks Keycons twenty-second anniversary. It runs May 20-22 at the Radisson downtown. You can make reservations here. If you are interested in attending the con, membership information can be found here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.