main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before the Saga KILL SHOT (Before Star Wars..A New Hope)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Author: Hopefulwriter
    Time Frame: From before A New Hope
    Characters: Han Solo
    Rating: G for everyone

With a long-practiced eye, Han Solo surveyed the dingy cantina with one swoop, deaming
    it all right to fully enter and seek out a back booth in one of the shell shaped nooks. They were not lighted, only the dim illumination coming from lights around the rest of the room gave it a shadowy aura.

He walked slowly past the occupied booths, glad to find a corner one and turned to
    slide into the far seat curving the round bar table. A hand shot out from the darkened edge of
    the shell, latching onto his arm. Han moved to grab his blaster.

“There’s no need for that.” A green being said as he came fully into the dim light.

“Greedo.” Han responded, recognizing one of Jabba’s bounty hunters, his right hand stayed
    above his weapon. He noticed the Rodian didn’t have a weapon trained on him,
    so there had to be someone else watching. Han didn’t let his eyes search the room;
    he relied on his instincts.

“Why don’t we have a seat.” Greedo said, nodding to the booth. “We need to have
    a talk.” He released the Corellian and both made themselves comfortable on opposite
    sides of the table.

“I’m surprised Jabba would allow you so far from his leash.” Han spat.

“The Hutt will go to any lengths to secure what is owed to him.” Greedo assured.
    Han smiled at the light pun that went unnoticed by the being.

“I’m trying to gather up the money.” Han told him, spreading his hands on the table. “The Hutt didn’t give me any deadline on paying.”

“My boss is only so patient.” Greedo informed. “You don’t want to make him wait…
    too long. You do so and the Hutt will make an example of you to any other ‘carriers’
    who may be tempted to drop cargo at the slightest hint of trouble.”

Han gave a derisive smile and lowered his head, then raised to look Greedo in the eye. “A boarding by Imperials is not a ‘slight hint of trouble.’ If I’d been caught, Jabba would never get his spice or money.”

“But you weren’t caught and Jabba learned of it and wants his money, now. He’s not willing to take a chance that you might get ‘caught’ again.” Greedo pounded the table with his forefinger to emphasis his words. “He’s giving you one phase to come up with all he is owed.”

“I can’t make money appear out of thin air.” Han argued. “He’ll get it, all of it, when
    I have it.”

Greedo rose, looking down at Han. “You better, because the next time we ‘meet’,
    I’ll have to kill you for payment.”

The Corellian rose to face the threat, his voice dead serious. “The next time we ‘meet’.
    it will be me who delivers the ‘Kill Shot.”

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous prequel /missing scene ;) Very in character contest of words and wits between these two. =D=

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  3. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, appreciate your taking time to read.
    Your comments are always encouraging. Lynda V.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.