main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Lennie James (Morgan) is a fantastic actor, but I didn't like the whole Jesus/Morgan fight. It felt like a waste of time as neither character grew from the experience, if anything one character regressed. Was this fight just to prepare us for the next friend fight? Maybe Daryl/Rick fight? OMG, not my two favs!

Also, 4th episode of the season coming up this Sunday, half way to the mid season finale, and we still haven't seen what's going on with Neegan and Father Gabriel...

2. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    It's definitely a testament for a show supposedly about humans and their drama that the viewer is supposed to care about, that more people care about when a CG character dies compared to a human one.

3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    R.I.P. Shiva

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That episode was legitimately great, one of the best ones they've done in awhile but the show can be great when it sort of narrows down to a single character (or really, really dull). Happily, this turned out to be one of the former ones.

5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I hate being right. We got the guns! We lost the guns! What a bunch of idiots.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Its been revealed which character is making the jump from Walking Dead to Fear the Walking Dead. And it's a pretty awesome one although a bit confusing in timeline work (since FTWD is a prequel)

https://www.avclub.com/we-now-know-which-walking-dead-character-is-heading-to-1820762649

Morgan! More Lenny James is great. I guess this will cover the period in between his first meeting with Rick in S1 and when Rick found him when he was all crazy "Clear". Maybe meeting the Clarks drove him nuts? Also he must have walked a lonnnggg way from Atlanta to L.A. (for his Fear the Walking Dead stint) to back to Atlanta area for "Clear", becomes stick fighting Ninja and then goes to Washington and eventually goes crazy again.

But moving Lenny James' Morgan from a supporting but big on Walking Dead to a (probably) lead actor in Fear the Walking Dead makes me think Morgan may either not be around anymore in the land of the living or his disappearance from WD may be quite longer than anticipated.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Depends on the shooting schedules for TWD and FTWD and when each location shoots (Fear shoots in LA and TWD still in Atlanta).

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    AMC is literally shouting from the rooftops who it is with a press release and everything. Maybe it'll just be a few eps or so.

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    FTWD shoots in Texas or at least it will be with Morgan as that's where Lennie James was when he said he was on the "Talking Dead" two weeks ago.
    I'm not sure where Fear actually takes place in the US because I don't watch that show, but it started in LA right?

As for TWD, it's filmed in Atlanta and the actual series began in Georgia but I think our characters are currently up in Virginia near DC. So location wise we saw Morgan in Georgia in the 1st ep, then Rick found him crazy in the 31st ep still in Georgia somewhere, then he meets up with Eastman still in Geogia I believe and heads north towards DC. On his way to DC / Terminus, he sees a sign NOT to go that way and proceeds to Alexandria.

So I don't really know how it's going to work, but it feels like the FTWD cast is going to have to come east by a lot!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, it started out in LA and then went to Mexico for season 2, so that maybe why the show is shooting in Texas.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah I just read that even though FTWD is shooting in Texas it may not necessarily take place in Texas which is a valid point, but it sounds like Texas would be the next logical point if the characters are heading north from Mexico. The geography is still hard to swallow - Georgia, Virginia and Texas. Maybe that helicopter that Rick saw is involved.

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    So how does everyone feel about the midseason finale?

I have mixed feelings mostly confusion.

How did the Saviors get out?
    How did they galvanize together so quickly after all the outposts being essentially wiped out?
    Are there existing outposts that Dwight doesn't know about?
    Hey Dwight, I know you helped us out and just got shot in the arm, but I'll take my vest back now thank you and we still hate you.
    Here's what's happening in Oceanside. Whoops, too soon, not important enough.

Carl deserved a better send off and while he may get a few parting words in the spring premiere, it doesn't really matter. He wrote a letter so his impact will live on in Rick I guess while Rick continues to **** up.
    Michonne going back was awesome. I thought she was going to die.

While don't we work with Negan instead of against him? Oh, I don't know. Because if you don't come to an agreement then he smashes your face in with a baseball bat. You can't reason with some people in the apocalypse and those people need to be put down, yet it is still a thing that is constantly debated for no reason.

Maggie killing a Savior for killing one of hers - awesome. She may be the only hope left in the end.

Carol's acting before Ezekiel closes the gate - atrocious.

I did love Negan and Carl's moment even though Negan is full of ****.

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought Carl's bite was kind of really random, especially considering we had no indication how it happened. This is a HUGE deviation from the comics. Not that I mind but I'm actually really shocked they went there that he's a Dead Carl Walking. Carl is still alive and a huge part of the comics now, basically even moreso than Rick. But Judith died really early in the comics so Rick's family he has to look after is basically Carl so I guess his family is now going to be him and Judith.

Favourite part of the episode was when Negan was ranting on the bullhorn about how he wanted them to apologize in poetry form. They shoulda just done that.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I liked the mid season finale. Although, I do agree that the Savior's regrouping and regaining the upper doesn't seem all that probable. I mean, it seemed like that there were about 30 or less gunmen (non-workers) left in the Sanctuary. And, to me, it was unbelievable for Daryl, Morgan and the snipers just to leave the Sanctuary thinking letting in the Walkers into the building was enough to finish of the remaining Saviors. At the very least, I would imagine they would hang out and pick off any Savior escaping from the building. So, from a logical and strategic point of view, it didn't make sense for them just to walk away and not make sure the job was truly finished.

As for how the Saviors escaped? Well, the managed to barricade the stairway to the second floor preventing the Walkers from killing them off. Eugene invented any device to attract the herd away from the building. Speaking of Eugene, I hated him for most of the season but the does a little bit to redeem himself. I just wish he went full on Savior so I won't feel bad if he dies. I wish he was more inventive when he was with Rick, as he probably could have figured something out to wipe out the Saviors.

I thought Carl's bite happened in the woods when he brought food to the loner. I imagine he'll have his moments when the season continues in February.

15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I had that come to Jesus moment last night. I don't care about these characters anymore. They writers dragged on Carl's *** **** death for an hour and 23 minutes and I was SO BORED. I didn't care anymore. And the problem with the writing is that I SHOULD care. He's a season 1 character and has been around since 2010. To lose a character after 8 seasons should be significant to me, and it wasn't.

I cared more about the B story and then that disappointed me as well. The good guys are still talking about letting these Saviors live/go?! The Saviors are only interested in harmony through slavery and they almost let Gavin go? Seriously? You just spent hours attacking outpost after outpost, killing Savior after Savior, and when you have a major player in your hands, you don't consider taking him hostage or barter him? Don't kill him, sure, but will someone with some brains suggest an alternative? Nope. Little kid does the job who's name is Henry and I don't remember his significance at this point because it's been too long. His brother was killed or something and maybe by Gavin? So it's justice I guess? I don't know. I guess that's why I still watch the Talking Dead crap to explain the jumbled mess that was just presented.

I'll ride this out to the end of the season and I'm done. It should end with both Negan and Rick dead. Rick crying under the tree I hope is for Maggie/Michonne or someone major. Danai Gurira was fantastic in Black Panther and her talent is going to waste on The Walking Dead.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    FatBurt likes this.
  16. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I went in with low expectations and was disappointed to be proven right

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh yeah, I stopped expecting anything more than mediocrity a long time ago. I stick with the show for three reasons- the effects are still top-notch; I still want to see some events from the comics adapted; and every once in a while there's some actual good action. I wish it were a better show, but I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Oh well. At least AMC hasn't ****ed up Preacher yet.

18. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    that's because Preacher has never been any good to begin with

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Good dramatics here but too damn long. Carl went full Jesus. Not the Walking Dead Jesus but Christ Jesus. So, y'know, there's worse exits he could have had. His somewhat perky post-bite day montage was actually kind of moving.

20. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    As someone who rarely cries from anything in life, I'll admit I got a lump in my throat several times during this episode.
    I think the montage early on of his last activities with Judith got me the most.

21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    The music montage was the single best thing I have seen out of this show in S8. I have been actively hate watching this since S7. It has sunk so low. Last night was just plain boring. Took way to long. 20 minutes in i was ready for it to end then had to wait an entire hour more. This show sucks. Can’t wait for Gimple to go and the new show runner to take his place for S9.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I haven’t watched the show since the cliffhanger of season 6. So they killed Carl? Well that completely throws everthing off about the comics. Still not going to make me come back.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  23. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Not only did they kill him they made it the single biggest boring stretched out affair of the series. Like I didn’t even care it was happening.