main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST Release Information

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Movius

Jedi Movius Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    The2ndQuest: Same here. I hadn't noticed it until a few minutes ago, when I went back and checked my email from the last few months. Sucks.

2. KC0GRN

KC0GRN Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2001
    Well.. Part 1 downlaoded really fast, lotta people must be on the servers now cause part 2 is taking forever. Like the intro though.

3. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    really? part one is the slowest for me!?

hmm...just have to watch the film backwards! ;)

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

4. wild_wookiee

wild_wookiee Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    I dont think this is fair, i have been receiving the damn newsletter for well over a year, but because i dont get it now i am out of luck??? To you lucky ones-think about how you would feel if you were missing out on this. Thank you very much Jacob, you are truly the only follower of the lightside here.

5. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Just finished downloading the whole film in WMV!

Big time kudos to Max, Azeem and anyone and everyone else invloved with keeping these servers going.

I really thought the whole system would go down within seconds of the release notice. Even with people from the IRC chat and the newsletter downloading, things seem to be running at best possible speeds.

Great job guys!!!

(Hope I didn't just jinx ya. ;))

Time for me to go watch a movie.

Have fun!!!!

6. KC0GRN

May 20, 2001
    No Don't watch the film backwards!!!! That'll give the ending away :)

Dunno if I like the windows media version yet or not, the compression kinda messed up the opening crawl. Or maybe it's just my machine, I've been having problems with compiling videos lately, that and other odd problems. I think I toasted my processor having it on on a hot day this summer and didn't have the case ventilated properly :( Oh well, time to upgrade to an athlon.

Edit: Part 3 is done downloading, part two only at 13%... But at least it's still goin, might be another half an hour till I got it all :)

7. Chren_Caile

Chren_Caile Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    Yes Jacob, you are a true Rebel among this empire.

8. NickLong

Sep 29, 2000
    wild_wookiee - The normal member (i.e. me) has no way of telling whether you have, in fac, been subscribing to the news letter for over a year or not, therefore, we cannot know if you are, infact, telling the truth or not.

Plus the fact that your board name was registered, oh, what a surprise, today!

oh well, sorry!

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

9. Jedi Movius

Jedi Movius Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    Same problem here. I've been getting the newsletter for a long time, but I've just checked my email and I haven't been getting it lately either.

10. glh3586

glh3586 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2000
    Yep, it really sucks. Although nick does have a point. No one really has any way to find out if you are registered or not. Which really pisses me off. Oh well...

glh3586@hotmail.com

11. wild_wookiee

Oct 14, 2001
    Hey mean person! :) I have been a regular at TFN for a long time and a faithful follower of KQ. I have never posted at this forum because i find SW forums to be populated with too many bad people who will not help out there fellow fans (unjoh has a lot of that). Trust me, i shall start posting, now i have plenty to say! Sorry about the bad language!

12. glenshadow

glenshadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    Did the mods say anything against emailing it out to other's on the board? I'll send it out to who I can... IF, IF one of the mods gives the go-ahead.

It really is a shame for those that HAVE been signed up for the newsletter, and can't download it right now.

13. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    you won't be around to post very long if one of the mods sees your language. you will be banned for flaming, if you value your account i'd click on that edit button quickly

14. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    Just finished watching, and it is, in a word: AWESOME. I think it will blow away everyone's expectations...The CG is spectacular, it will keep you engrossed from beginning to end!

15. NickLong

Sep 29, 2000
    good for you! I welcome you with open arms to the boards, and I hope to see you post here with maximum input!

as i said though - I have no way of telling if you ARE a registered newletter receiver or not. Nor can I tell if the other people who state they are, actually are!

My suggestion above seemed to be valid. did TF.N use Listbot as their service provider for the newsletter? If so, then Listbot shut down in August, so there wouldn't be any newsletters sent to that group!

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

16. wild_wookiee

Oct 14, 2001
    sorry about the language, guys! I got a little excited.. and i thought the forum would edit automatically.

17. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    the forum does not edit automatically, and this board does not tolerate swearing even in $#@# format. Nor does it tolerate flaming such as "Hey Dilweed!" if you were joking then add a smiley so they know

like this:

Azeem is a Dilweed!! ;)

got it?

-oh boy, did i just say that to Azeem?? :D

18. MC3PIO

MC3PIO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    Strange but when I use a download manager I get a lot better speed than when I click on the cgi link, closer to my usual dsl speed. Anyone else experience this?

19. LSARams75

LSARams75 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2001
    i am very disiponted in the quality of the mov. format

20. KC0GRN

May 20, 2001
    I think this has to be the fastest growing thread I've ever seen in this forum.

21. NickLong

Sep 29, 2000
    hey fourfools - wouldn't be the first time you've called him that right?

OOPS! [face_shocked] that was in a PM wasn't it!!!

:p ;)

I got a much better speed when restarting the download of part 1. i guess it all has to do with how many people access that link at one time. i mean i got about another 50kbps out of it after restarting!

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

Wild_Wookiee - can i point you towards the Forum FAQ: here it is a rule that all new members read the FAQ to familiarize themselves with the few rules we have around here

22. wild_wookiee

Oct 14, 2001
    Thanks for the info on my word choice. I really dont want to be booted. :)

23. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    I Saw Knight Quest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the best fan flim ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

24. Chren_Caile

Chren_Caile Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    Everybody must be off downloading...

25. NickLong

Sep 29, 2000
    now all we need is Prelude to Hope to be released....:D

Nate? Dev?

Hello???

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long