main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcarts

marcarts Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2001
    WOW, WOW, WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just downloaded the last two parts and watched them and i have to say this is the best movie i ever downloaded ! I was really in the movie and felt with the characters, in my opinion this is the most important aspect of a movie. really well done ! Of course the specialfx (sound and visual) were also great and the actors were well chosen and really helped developing the atmospere. And i think it was the best use of lighting i ever saw in a fanfilm. Good team-work!

It was well worth the monster download!
    Keep up the good work!

2. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Like ANH did for normal films

KQ will set the standerd for fan films special effects

3. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I disagree. I think Duality already did so and has yet to be surpassed (though KQ came close).

M. Scott

4. EddieZigg

EddieZigg Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2001
    I thought it was great, worth waiting a day or two to download.
    In my top 10

5. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    I must say that I quite enjoyed KnightQuest.

However, the lightsaber due´ls seemed a bit tame, this, I think, can mainly be attributed to the lack of foot movement. As a semi pro fencer, I can reassure you that footwork is everything in a duel, the one with the best footwork will always hold the pure Sabbac.

My advise to you is to watch some fencing on the TV, perhaps even enroll in a fencing class. Never the less, I should suggest some more footwork in the lightsaber duels, that is if you plan a sequel.

Anyhow, I enjoyed your film and I will certainly hope for a sequel, perhaps with a little more locations...

Yours Sincerily

Black Rider

6. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    I loved KQ

the saber fights didn't bug me, very OT feel to them... kinda like seeing ben and vader

7. OmegaTriad

OmegaTriad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2001
    actually lightsabre duals tend to work more like (large) swordfighting than fencing. and of course now the everpresent bo. eastern martial arts styles would probably be a much better source for fighting moves. find some demonstrations or rent some kickass samurai movie or something.

8. OmegaTriad

Feb 24, 2001
    Banshee-

Your post in the SAG thread reminded me..

If you do start working with the idea of a sequel, I would be willing to help with the script. I'm not god's gift to screenwriting but have certain strengths that may be useful. I think a follow up story (on the Jedi side) has a great potential for character development and inner conflict.

heh. I also have some degree of artistic ability in 2 and 3d that could help, but for now that side is a bit occupied with school...

not that you'd necessarily need to take me up on this but i wanted to extend the offer.

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Amazing film, guys. Everything about it(including the Omega Easter Egg - I love that ship).

10. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    I can't wait till the his-res .mov comes out.

11. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I'm downloading it now. Does it have a website? Is it better than Legacy? (The best I've seen so far)

12. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    You're kidding right? It's the best fanfilm released to this day. I wonder how Broken Allgiance is gonna compare to KQ?

13. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Broken Alleigance? Is that the preview at the beginning. I couldn't read it.

14. OmegaTriad

Feb 24, 2001
    broken allegiance is the film coming out monday. it looks like it good, but we'll know soon enough.

Legacy is the best film you've seen so far? yikes. ok there was some funny stuff going on in there but i don't think it holds up compareed to KQ, Duality, and Troops, among others.

15. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    The preview at the beginning is the trailer for "The Son of the Suns."

16. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    I don't think he was talking about Legacy of the Jedi. Star Wars Legacy is completely different.

17. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Omega, it's Emergence of the Sith that's coming out of Monday, Broken Allegiance towards the end of this year...

18. OmegaTriad

Feb 24, 2001
    yup you caught me before i could edit...

hes right i just confused all these sithy/jedi titles. heh. oopsie.

btw if ypou mean "legacy of the jedi" that film is pretty damn funny. in a sort of painful way considering what you go through to get to the puchline, but funny nonetheless.

19. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    I meant Star Wars Legacy, which I am sort of involved with.

I thought it was extremely well put together. They need to do a little work with matting the actors into the CGI backgrounds, but it was the first episode, and I'm sure they'll improve in later installments.

20. OmegaTriad

Feb 24, 2001
    legacy had some very ambitious blue/grean screening actually. looked like some technical limitations kept from getting things integrated more fluidly (difference in look of actors from backgrounds) and some audio problems which he noted on the site. also the character model was a bit stiff, but i know from doing a human head/morph map project last year that it isn't the easiest thing to do in your spare time.

you're right, for a first run in came out decent, although this was the legacy I originally thought you meant, and (IMO) it's still got a while to go before it gets to the level that some films are getting to.

don't be frustrated by that though, especially if you are working on it. there are a lot of things that ARE working and i think films like knightquest and the like should be encouraging for what you can do rather than discouraging to what you haven't done _yet_.

so if you are helping that project out, keep at it. i'll be happy to take a look when the next episode of legacy comes out and see what's up.

21. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    I'm not involved in any of the "making of" aspects. I just contributed a character and will be doing the voice for that character.

22. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    Speaking of "making of," something I'd like to see would be a behind the scenes documentary kind of thing for Knightquest, somthing similar to the "Beginnings" TPM documentary. The old behind the scenes video was cool, but it didn't give us many insights into very much of the creative or technichal aspects of the film besides a few production clips and an explanation of why KQ was taking so long.

23. Garen_LiLorian

Garen_LiLorian Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2001
    Wonderful. Absolutely marvelous. The best fanfilm to date in my opinion, one-upping Duality because of the plotlines and dialogue. And now, the nitpicking. (I only include this because I am a film student and it is my unfortunate curse to notice these kinds of things) The imperial officer was, as was previously noted, unprofessional. The sequence after Kat kills troopers was particularly mood shattering. Also, Vader and the Imp officer spent too much effort over annunciating. (no-one will care if you say freighder instead of freighter, and it sounds more natural)Also, although it was an interesting idea, the Evil Dead style camera work with generic bone-shattering punches in the force punch sequence kind of overdone. I think a nice chokehold or stomach cramps or something would have sufficed nicely. Some of the dialogue seemed more suited to a action movie ("I arrest you in the name of the Empire." "Izzat so." BLAM BLAM)Finally, and the most trivial thing, the lack of an English accent for the officer took me out of the moment, I don't know why.
    But again. Wonderful wonderful job. I particuarly like returning to old school choreography for the saber duels. And the CGI was really something. A new standard

24. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998
    <Speaking of "making of," something I'd like to see would be a behind the scenes documentary kind of thing for Knightquest, somthing similar to the "Beginnings" TPM documentary.>

It's coming JC. I've got about 20 hours of video footage to sift through. But it will be a full doc, with everything from screen tests to early fx tests.

And no, I'm not giving a date as to when it will be done:)

25. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Can't wait to see it next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.