main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Knights of Darkness ** - Home of the Sith, Dark Side & Knights of Ren v4.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lady_Belligerent , Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    The trial has given me a sense of accomplishment. Real life makes me homicidal.

I did. I am working on a response to the appearance of the unexpected guest.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  2. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Aww man... I hope everything goes well for you, Kaleesh. Stay strong and don't let life get to you.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  3. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Thanks, Shine. It’s nothing terrible. Just a lot of little annoyances that build upon one another.

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  4. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    You're very welcome. And hey, I know what you mean. Things and people can be really annoying. -_-

5. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    Speaking of annoying...

*grins wickedly @Kaleesh-Cyborg*

First Blood! Things are getting interesting in the Pit and in the NST3!

Speaking of... I have a 3 hour, family free, early morning flight back to Texas for my grandmother’s funeral so I should have a post for both then... provided our glorious Triumvirate doesn’t update the NST3 before then.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  6. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Despite the fact that you are adding to my annoyances, Tusken, I will refrain from retaliation here out of respect for your time of grief, but I shan’t be so merciful in the Pit. [face_devil]

Seriously, man. I am sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Mostlymad likes this.
  7. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Is anything I do unexpected or just planned out beyond anyone else's understanding....

Mostlymad and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    It depends, actually. When I saw your tag in the Pit, I was thinking you’d be just spectating. And as of right now, I guess you still are, but it is no longer your average spectating when you are down in the arena with the whole darn lot of us. [face_laugh]

Mostlymad likes this.
  9. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    No certainly not the average spectating spot...

puts his hand on his blade hilt...

Mostlymad and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  10. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    *trying to expect the unexpected*

Mostlymad likes this.
  11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    *uses a shovel to dig up buried thread where Sith reign supreme* This is getting old. No peons in here to keep the dust down; no threats, violence, or death to keep it interesting. What is this Sith world coming to anyway? *mutters not nice things in Kaleesh while using all four arms to dust and vacuum* On a side note, I do not do windows and I most certainly do not do bathrooms. *scowls*

Mostlymad likes this.
  12. Mostlymad

Mostlymad Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2017
    *kicks the Sith jukebox which starts to play an appropriate tune for the thread*

If the Knights of Ren return in episode 9, what do you think this will mean for Sith and Darksiders going forward?

Are the Knights former students of Luke that joined Kylo in the destruction of the Temple, are they force sensitives acquired by Snoke in the Outer Rim, or are they mere mercenaries? I honestly don't know and was hoping someone here did (plus I thought it might spark some good conversation).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  13. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I'm WAY overdue on my task, aren't I? *sigh* I'm really sorry, @QueenSabe7...

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  14. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    No worries! Life happens... however, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an actual deadline now, apprentice. We can't let your journey stall out like it has been. You have one week to complete the task that was assigned well over a month ago now? Please post in thread no later than 8PM on Sunday, August 19th in order to receive any prestige at all.

Also, to all members of the KoD: If there are any roster updates such as prestige totals or new master/apprentice pairings, please let them be known asap. Gracias.

15. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    QueenSabe7 and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  16. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Open task:

Find me five non-lightsabers used by the Sith.

Descriptions
    Purposes
    Practitioners/users
    Time period

17. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Something that has been bothering me in relation to the ST and this is not a grumpy post. It is more of an "I've never been able to latch onto the Resistance idea" I am sure that there is more to the whole development of the Resistance and their purpose for existence.

We had the Rebel Alliance, which defeated the Empire. Empire is no more. Republic rises again, First Order appears and now there is "the Resistance". A paramilitary wing of the Republic. As if the First Order was not a big enough threat... to be countered by the Republic.

Bear in mind I have not read the Aftermath books. Which I have been told potentially explains some of this...

Never liked how it all meshed together...

18. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    *weapons :oops:

19. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Too bad you won’t count Daleks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking and SkywalkerShine like this.
  20. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Are they weapons?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Rolling pepper pots of doom from Doctor Who.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  22. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It's due to the lack of a cohesive, all encompassing story arc for the ST. Two films into it at least. The objectives of the two warring sides were fairly clear at the conclusion of both Attack of the Clones and The Empire Strikes Back. And this is not a grumpy post either, as there are many great aspects to the ST. Especially the actors, the score, and the production design which are all brilliant. And visually, TLJ is one of the most beautiful SW films in history.

Originality and epic storytelling are not present, imo. TFA made over 2 billion on the backs of the OT films; many story elements were emulated, if not copied outright, especially from ANH.
    TLJ attempted to ignore or minimize most of the questions mysteriously raised in TFA. There is a lack of cohesiveness between the two films and a lack of a satisfying story arc for several of the main characters, imo. At least thus far.
    Han, Leia, Luke, Finn, and Poe come to mind.
    Analyzing how the Resistance is covered in both reveals this to be true for characters involved in that faction as well.

And reading the Aftermath books should not be required to understand the formation of the Resistance. Hosnian Prime anyone? The movies ought to give enough exposition for important details to be clearer, or at the minimum, not present a bunch of mysteries in one film that are largely ignored by the sequel. We'll see if the last film in the sequel trilogy can somehow manage to pull these threads together. I'm rooting for them to succeed.

That being said, I usually choose to focus on the positive aspects of the ST and SW generally, but your good question got me thinking again.
    Positivity is why Rogue One and all the books/comics related to those characters are what I've been focusing on lately. That's some epic, well crafted storytelling going on right there.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  23. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    @SkywalkerShine

You will receive no prestige for failing to complete a fairly simple task by yesterday's final deadline. That was extended several times.

That is all.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    dragonsith13 likes this.
  24. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @QueenSabe7

Aww man! I meant to post it yesterday, but I fell asleep near my computer. Here, here. I'm really, really sorry. I swear on everything that's green, I genuinely meant to post it. I was raised never to give up. So I'm not giving up! I'll do my best to communicate more. I swear!

TOY STORY 3

Hades - Woody
    Draconis - Buzz Lightyear
    Insipid - Lotso
    Ravenous - Big Baby
    Bellorum - Barbie
    Haretisch - Ken
    Kronos - Rex
    Leda - Jessie
    Saadi - Hamm
    Grievance Vexx - Chunk
    Thunderous - Stretch
    Corvus - Sparks
    Hekate - Twitch
    Valdimar - Slinky Dog
    Alekto - Mr. Picklepants
    darth_nemisis - Sergeant
    Mikaboshi - Mr. Potato Head
    Quinlan Vos - Bookworm
    Neoma - Dolly

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  25. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    I have never seen Toy Story 3, but for your sake, I hope Chunk is not an insult. Force knows I get enough of those around here. *glares around and cracks knuckles*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.