main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Knights of the Last Republic

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 22, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Vergere
    Bunduki, Pulsar Skate, City limits

"Find out, we will not, by staying here." Vergere felt Eleanor reach out to the newcomer.

There was a curious double connection here, and Vergere would have stayed out of it if she could. "Leonias, Eleanor, let us go. Perhaps we can negotiate some assistance with repairs." The astromechs blatted, offended at the suggestion that the Skate was beyond their abilities.

"Until you can access the locked parts of the ship, we have no idea whats in the cargo hold, nor what is precisely the extend of the damage below deck," Vergere replied coolly. "If we can get assistance, it makes sense."

She looked to the others and lowered the ramp, allowing Ashban to see the three of them, and them to see him.

"After all, the First Order is likely to follow us if they can."

TAG: @greyjedi125, @TheSilentInfluence, @Kev-Mas_Colcha

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Ashban
    Bunduki, City limits

Dusty winds continued to blow as the ramp descended, which in turn revealed the ‘blind man’, who seemed oblivious, or simply ignored the windy conditions.

Ashban gave a short laugh, both pleased and surprised by the three figures.

“Three bright pulses I see.” He declared. “Welcome travelers, I am Ashban the blind. The Force is with us today.”

His voice was light, but still carried the timber of one who has experienced much.

He beckoned the three to come forward with his free hand, while he leaned on his walking stick. He was not so old that he would need one, truth be told, despite having one.

“Ah, humanoid female, humanoid male….” He muttered to himself. “…and…OH! something new!”

The man seemed both pleased and fascinated as his ‘unseeing’ gaze lingered on the Fosh.

If he heard anything she had said upon descending, he gave no indication, for it could have been carried away by the wind itself.

“Perhaps I may yet see the Beacon of Light after all…”

He said now, mostly to himself.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @TheSilentInfluence, @Kev-Mas_Colcha

HanSolo29 likes this.
  3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    IC: Leonias Colcha
    Bunduki, City Limits

Leonias looked upon the blind figure quizzically. It seemed like he wasn't just a Force Sensitive, but a trained Force Sensitive, by how he could detect his Force Presence. But judging by his reaction, he wasn't hostile in any way, and Leonias decided he was safe.

So in response, he simply walked down the ramp and extended a hand to the mysterious individual, deciding he'd be the first to greet him. As he did, he held a portion of his silver cape up against his face, as to protect against the dusty winds continuing to blow outside.

"I'm Leonias Colcha," he said, his voice slightly muffled by his cape being held over his mouth, "Sun Guard of Thyrsus."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @TheSilentInfluence @greyjedi125

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bunduki, City limits

The blind man ‘looked up’ as a humanoid male descended from the ship’s ramp. He extended his hand in response to the traveler’s greeting and shook it.

“Can’t say I’ve met an actual Sun Guard in all my years.” Ashban remarked with some surprise at that particular fact, but didn't linger on it. “I’d say you’re quite a ways from home.” He said, pointing out what would seem obvious on the surface.

Moving to ‘look’ over the armored traveler's shoulder and up the ramp, the blind mind inquired further with a chuckle.

“So, who are you friends?”

Tag: @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @TheSilentInfluence, @Sinrebirth

HanSolo29 and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Bunduki, City limits

The Fosh frowned, tucking her legs in beneath her as she stepped down the ramp. "I am Vergere, an ex-Jedi of the Old Republic. Now..." she peered around, taking the opportunity to eye up the port and get a general sense of the City. "... now I merely Protect, though there is little to protect."

She sniffed. "Do you know what has happened in the Core? It will save us having to repeat ourselves later if we know where you in galactic events." Vergere peered again around. "I remember worlds like this used to be about four months behind on things, unless someone was paying attention."

Four months, Vergere rued. Four months ago the New Republic still had a capital, a fleet, a Chancellor, and a Supreme Commander. Before that, the galaxy still had the New Jedi Order, fresh from having chased a tribe of Sith from Coruscant and having driven an Old One back into the shadows...

... temporarily, of course.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @TheSilentInfluence

OOC: Mini-update at the request of Silent, so she can catch up around school. We will really move on when she replies later this week. Drama or some-such. No idea. Ask the GM.

HanSolo29 and greyjedi125 like this.
  6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bunduki, City limits

Had he eyes to squint, he certainly would have, but all this blind man could do for the moment, was simply stare at a member of a bird-like species he had not encountered before. One with a very unique force signature.

Vergere.

“By the Force…” He whispered to himself as he listened to her speak. In his mind, the armored man, Colcha the Sun Guard, had been interesting; he had a strong and steady force presence. But this, this was something else altogether.

“The Old Republic….?” He echoed in plain disbelief, despite her confession.The part about being an ex-jedi came as no surprise, as there were no more jedi- at least as far as he knew. But, what exactly was she claiming to ‘Protect’? That was a mystery yet to be revealed.

It took Ashban a moment to gather back his wits, but he did manage it, despite the fact they were having this conversation in the middle of a dust storm.

“Out here in the Outer Rim, most of us have more than enough to deal with- no time to be concerned with the Core Worlds. What relevant news have you, pray tell?”

Ashban took a few steps forward and closer to the ship’s ramp, at least to hear better when spoken to.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Eleanor Magnus
    Bunduki, City limits

"I'm sorry...did you just say you we're from The Old Republic?" Eleanor turned sharply from their new guest, not having a chance to ask any questions prior to face Vergere. "That's incredible!"

She smiled and turned towards Ashban, looking apologetic as she introduced herself. "I am Jedi Knight Eleanor Magnus. It's very nice to meet you." Eleanor bowed and rose, feeling excited despite the dust storm blowing all around them.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @Kev-Mas_Colcha @greyjedi125

Sinrebirth and greyjedi125 like this.
  8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bunduki, City limits

“Please to meet you, Eleanor Magnus.” The blind mind replied with a respectful bow of his head, saying the woman’s name as if trying it out for the first time; then added after a beat: “But isn’t the Jedi Order no more?” It was a statement that sounded like a question.

“And how is it that no one marvels at a being who just claimed to be from or to indeed be over a millennia year old?”

Ashban chuckled with some bemusement at that.

“Come, let us speak of these things in more hospitable surroundings. My habitat isn’t far from here.”

He gestured towards a place beyond the dust storm, unseen by natural sight.

HanSolo29 and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Bunduki, wandering

The Fosh somewhat crumpled her beak in contrition. “The Republic that Palpatine destroyed; to that I claimed allegiance,” she clarified.

But Vergere allowed herself to be guided by the newcomer, speaking as they did. “The New Republic has been destroyed; a superweapon annihilated the Hosnian system and took the capital, the Senate, the Home Fleet, and High Command with it. Systems have been surrendering to a neo-Imperial movement known as the First Order, which has emerged en masse from the Unknown Regions, having used a bridgehead in the former Imperial Remnant to distract a Resistance, led by Leia Organa, for the last year - after her son massacred the Jedi students and Luke Skywalker exiled himself.”

She paused. After losing Anakin, Jacen, and Mara, she sympathised with the former Jedi Grandmaster... but it was his attachments which had destroyed the man, and Leia and Han’s relationship had not survived the fall of Ben Solo.

“The galaxy has fallen, or, if it hasn’t, is about to do so. I was hunting for surviving members of the New Jedi Order so that we could bounce back, but I barely found Eleanor, drifting at the edge of the Unknown Regions.”

Vergere appreciated that the terror of this threat would sit in. Colcha undoubtedly knew much of this, but Eleanor wouldn’t.

Now she did, and Ashban did too.

The Force rumbled, and a distant threat announced itself. A First Order Star Destroyer had arrived in orbit. Three kilometres of metal and death, it would have the firepower to scour the surface of the world. Colcha and Linnett’s comlinks chimes in panic; Whistler and Colcha’s own astringency, the droids sending data to confirm that the Destroyer was almost directly above their location.

They needed to hide; there wasn’t time to fly. Maybe for Leonias and his swift ship, sure, but not the Pulsar Skate in the state it was; not the populace of the city. Ashban, as the self-appointed guardian of the city, would receive the sensors from isolated satellites in orbit; feeds which were unceremoniously cut when the First Order shot them apart without provocation.

What Ashban knew, and was willing to offer, be it places to hide, or to give the Force Order what they clearly had followed here...

Vergere‘s eyes narrowed and she turned to look into orbit, feathers standing up as if a feline, puffing herself out at a threat.

“He’s here.”

TAG: @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @greyjedi125, @TheSilentInfluence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bunduki, City limits

Ashban could only shake his head as he listened to Vergere’s tale. He sensed no guile in her words whatsoever. The New Republic that so many had fought for, was nearly gone. Its Senate, its Fleet and Command structure- all gone. The Jedi Order. Gone. Luke Skywalker….The Light of Hope....gone.Darkness was overtaking the Light to such a degree, that at this rate….

“This…this cannot be….” he muttered in disbelief. His head swiveling to and fro as if searching for something.

Inside his mind, Ashban heard a dark chuckle he had not heard in many long months.

“Tshht!”

The blind man made a sudden hushing noise to no one in particular. A gesture to be easily dismissed.

Princess Leia had a….son?” He asked of the dust storm, as he tried to fit all the pieces together.

Not just a son who was of the Skywalker bloodline, but one who massacred Jedi students, as reported: Not of the Light.

“ I ….”

It was devastating news to take in, especially for someone who was not up-to-date on galactic current events for so long. But here, right before him, were three pulses in the dark. The bird woman said she was looking for more. That had to count for something.

Ashban was about to speak, when a powerful disturbance in the force assaulted his senses. At the same time, he felt the air pressure change all around them- which caused him to suddenly look upward with his blindfolded countenance. Commlinks suddenly began to chime and droids chirped wildly. Ashban seemed to stumble and fell to the dusty ground as if hit- his own hidden commlink beeping urgently.

He could not see it the way natural eyes would, but what he saw was truly terrifying in its dark magnitude and size. A Destroyer of Stars!

Ashban was slowly shaking his head, muttering as he used his walking stick to get back up on his feet.

“No…..by the Force…..”

Oh, yesss….

“He’s here.” He read the bird woman say. Her words sent a chill down his spine.

Swiftly, the blind man reached into his robes and produced his commlink, which he clicked in rapid sequences-even as he began to move hurriedly.

“Come with me, quickly. I know a place that can shelter us, if for a moment.” He almost shouted.

Without another word, he was off into the dust storm, heading to the nearest settlement.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    HanSolo29 and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Bunduki

While the others got acquainted with each other, Leonias watched in silence. While Leonias was probably the most well versed of the group about what was going on with the Galaxy, at least in regards to the First Order and the Resistance, Vergere managed to summarize it about as well as he could so he didn't feel the need to elaborate further and instead chose to take this time to meditate while walking along with the others. He still needed to regain more of his strength from pulling off the stunt he did with the Silver Beacon, and he had gotten good enough at meditation that he could do it while walking, as if he was sleepwalking.

But then it happened. Leonias was roused from his meditation by a disturbance in the Force. The First Order had arrived, with one of their Star Destroyers, which was confirmed when Beacon sent Leonias a comlink message declaring that it was directly above them.

"Beacon, try contacting the Sun Guard," Leonias replied with a hushed voice, pulling himself to the back of the group for some privacy, "See if we can't get some reinforcements from one of our Wild Space territories in this side of the Galaxy. But until reinforcements come, stay as far away from the enemy as possible. Hide."

"He's here," Vergere would say as Leonias ended his call and moved back closer to the group.

"Come with me, quickly," added Ashban, almost shouting as he clicked buttons rapidly on his comlink, "I know a place that can shelter us, if for a moment."

Leonias interjected, trailing off.

"Lets hope that gives the reinforcements I called in enough time to get here, assuming they're coming anyways..."

Tag: @Sinrebirth , @greyjedi125 , @TheSilentInfluence

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bunduki, City limits

He moved swiftly, with an agility that belied his age. The blind man risked a quick glance over his shoulder as he went, both to make sure the others were following and to acknowledged the Colcha The Sunguard’s mention of reinforcements. From the darkness he sensed emanating from that Star Destroyer, they were going to need it.

'Force help us.'

News of the death-ship orbiting the planet seemed to have reached the city, as some of the locals were exclaiming excitedly amongst themselves, while the more prudent ones were already moving to find safety. Ashban moved swiftly, through the market place, down corridors, hallways and stairs. He had gone down as far as two levels and had rounded several corners of a living complex. He gestured with his hand as he led the group down a long corridor where a door opened even as he arrived.

At a glance, he did a quick head count. Vergere, Colcha and Magnus. All accounted for.

Inside was a moderate sized room which was dimly lit. The furnishing was sparse as it were, with a table and some chairs. There were objects of many sizes huddled in a corner as well as datapads and a growing library of texts and flimsi. At a glance one would notice their relation to the Jedi Order and other force disciplines.

The door closed behind the group and with a gesture from the blind man, several unseen locks were activated anew. Not bothering with pleasantries in a time of crisis, Ashban was about to move to the next room which was separated by a heavy curtain, and stopped at the threshold. He then began to dust himself off, and with a slight of hand, activated his comlink, so that another could hear, even as he slowly turned around to face his new acquaintances.

“Who is it that is after you? I don’t believe in coincidence.” He stated gravely.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @TheSilentInfluence, @The Real Kyp Durron

14. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2018
    Ic Jedi Master Kyp Durron
    Bunduki, City limits

He'd sensed the arrival in orbit. Not much he could do where he was, except stay there. Reducing his presence in the Force to almost nothing, Kyp sat on the floor meditating. His life had gone from amazing to something akin to living hell in such a short time. Right now he just wanted to stay alive a bit longer. He needed too, somewhere out there, his kids and wife needed him too. He couldn't think about that now, it was too hard. Someone was approaching, he dare not reach out to them. So he waited, and listened.

Who is it that is after you? I don’t believe in coincidence.”

Just outside, next room, did he bother? Did he want them here? Did he want anyone here? Probably not. But he was who he was regardless of his own bitterness. Standing he sighed with resignation.

"Force connection and all?" He snorted, "You're not a Jedi." he said with a good deal of sarcasm. "Who indeed? I'd like to know too."

Tag @greyjedi125

15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    Bunduki, City limits

Eleanor felt the darkness before she said anything, looking at everyone has she followed as quick as she could, stealing glances at the sky. She stood by the door of Ashban's home and spoke quietly, "Ben is..." she shook her head and Eleanor put on a scowl.

Why should I feel sympathy for him?

She shook her head and sighed. "The First Order. Being a surviving Jedi is more complicated then it seems." Eleanor shrugged, turned to Vergere. "Have you found anyone else?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth @Kev-Mas_Colcha @greyjedi125 @The Real Kyp Durron

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Bunduki, City limits

The group moved on to Ashban's home, and Eleanor asked her the question. "I did not find any Jedi, no," Vergere said, mien. "Not in the year since Ben slaughtered the children." The skies began to scream with the sounds of TIE fighters entering orbit.

The Fosh eyed Colcha. "Notwithstanding your reinforcements, if you can send our ships away, you should. The droids should be able to lead the First Order away... hide until they can come back to us and we merely escape that way." She stroked her comlink. "We should have one of the astromechs rendezvous with us here; astromechs can communicate at a level difficult to de-crypt, no?"

Vergere paused, eyeing the curtain. "But we shall have to make ourselves small in the Force..." With a gesture, she opened the curtain, revealing Kyp Durron.

"If we are welcome, of course."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @greyjedi125, @The Real Kyp Durron

17. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron
    Bunduki, City limits -Revealed?

The curtain pulled back, the Force was being used. He was leaning on the door frame with his shoulder, a very common position for him. He'd be adopting that one for years. He eyed the group with little or no expression. "Do I have a choice?" he asked evenly. He pushed off the frame and shrugged his shoulders and using his arms for drama adding. "Sure.... Bring them all down on me. Why not?" Sarcasm dripped from his tone.

Tag @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bunduki, City Limits, The Hideout

He couldn't help or tried to repress the creeping annoyance he was feeling. It was clear that the bird woman was smart and clever, but she was also elusive- though clearly the leader of the group, and not the Sun Guard as he originally assumed. That detail was unimportant at the moment. Durron was being self-centered as usual, but that could hardly be helped, given his history. The other 'Jedi' woman was being evasive and right now was hardly the time for that- not with what was going on above them.

Vergere had a sound plan, but they were also speaking of things which were still shrouded to him.

Ashban harrumphed before intentionally interrupting the conversation.

"Who is this...Ben...?" He asked pointedly, his posture clearly indicating that he demanded an answer. It didn't matter what he conjectured. He had to hear it from one of them.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @The Real Kyp Durron, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Bunduki, City limits
    Smoke and Mirrors

"Notwithstanding your reinforcements, if you can send our ships away, you should," said Vergere as she eyed Leonias, "The droids should be able to lead the First Order away... hide until they can come back to us and we merely escape that way."

She stroked her comlink and continued, "We should have one of the astromechs rendezvous with us here; astromechs can communicate at a level difficult to de-crypt, no?"

The Fosh looked back towards a curtain, pausing. "But we shall have to make ourselves small in the Force..." As she trailed off, she opened the curtain revealing Kyp Durron.

Leonias paused, giving the others a moment to reply while he thought about a course of action, weighing his tactical options carefuilly.

The newcomer, Kyp Durron, who Leonias had heard of from reputation, but not personally appeared a little perturbed at being suddenly revealed, as if having the sheets pulled off of him for an early wake up call. However, it seems there was a hint of sarcasm, like he was overexaggerating for dramatic effect.

"Who is this... Ben...?" asked Ashban, replying to something said earlier. Kev-Mas didn't know for sure. From what had been said already one could either assume he was a murderer. Likely Force Sensitive? Perhaps a Dark Jedi? It wasn't clear.

Anyway, back to his original train of thought. A distraction.

"A thought. What kind of wonderful distraction could be caused not by simply just making my presence small, but instead, making myself bait. A powerful Force presence such as the one created from myself and Beacon in a meld wouldn't be something the First Order could resist."

He paused, closing his eyes, as if he was concentrating on something intently. In reality, he was opening the telepathic link between him and his ship's Force Sensitive AI, Beacon.

"I will engage the enemy alone in my fighter, and Whistler can stay here to relay encrypted messages from Pro-Bono. I'll get them to follow me to the edge of the system, and then I'll engage my stealth systems, make myself small and hide in the Force. While it wasn't as large of a fleet, I have done exactly this before when I was younger, luring Dark Jedi from the Disciples of Ragnos into a trap."

"Beacon. I'm on my way to you, prepare to launch into combat upon my arrival. It's time for some smoke and mirrors."

"That again? You sure it'll work with a fleet this size?"

"I can do it. Trust me. It's our best hope for survival until the Sun Guard fleet arrives."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @The Real Kyp Durron @greyjedi125 @TheSilentInfluence

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bunduki City Limits, The Hideout

Ashban felt himself flare with anger at feeling ignored and brushed aside by the Sun Guard and sharply took-in air as if ready to issue a blustering protest, but upon hearing Colcha’s words, he gave out a long exhale and found himself nodding agreeably.

He knew nothing about making oneself ‘small in the force’; all he knew was that he disappeared whenever the darkside was ascendant and ‘the other’ took control- usually to inflict chaos and darkness on others.

Who or what was Beacon? and did he just propose to engage an entire fleet on his own?

Upon hearing Leonias plan, Ashban wondered if the armored man would be successful. The Sun Guard certainly seemed more than confident in his abilities to perform his proposed gambit, as he underscored past successes in similar situations. No doubt the reinforcements he mentioned were a part of that success.

…And did he just say Disciples of Ragnos?

Ashban had
    ALOT of catching up to do.

Opting to remain silent, Ashban let the others speak as he closed his eyes for a moment and allowed negative feelings to pass through him and out. He did not wish for an 'incident' with present company if it could be helped.

Besides, Kyp was likely to add his own thoughts on the matter.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @The Real Kyp Durron, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  21. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    Ic Kyp Durron

Kyp looked around at this motley crew. "Seems to me you have managed to attract more attention than you really should have." He shrugged. "I for one, don't appreciate it to be honest. Which leads me to my next question." He glanced around. "What do you want?"

Tag @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 @Kev-Mas_Colcha @TheSilentInfluence

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Admiral Dorja
    In orbit of Bunduki, aboard the Relentless

It was a strange sight to see a nonhuman in charge of a First Order ship. But, the man had arrived with the proper clearance codes, and Admiral Dorja, recently demoted to command of a single ship for his failure at the Battle of Eshan in the days between the destruction of Hosnian Prime and Battle of D'Qar, dare not argue with the Chagrian that now stood aboard his bridge, even if he seemed faintly familiar.

Dorja had joined the First Order when various Outer Rim sectors seceded from the Imperial Remnant and New Republic to form the First Order. He had jumped at the opportunity for renewed Imperial glory, despising the shift towards ineffectual democracy under Fel and Reige. Winnowing his way into the heart of the conspiracy and meeting with Supreme Leader Snoke, he had been shown the vast forces preparing for the invasion and thrown his support behind Snoke.

But now Snoke was dead, the Supremacy had been destroyed, and the Resistance had escaped aboard the Millennium Falcon. Not moments after Hux and Kylo Ren rendezvoused with reinforcements and headed out to pursue the surviving members, the Chagrian, merely identifying himself as Wyyrlok, had arrived with direct orders that he was to follow the pursuit to Bunduki. Dorja was astute enough to recognise an Intel 'spook' when he saw one, and to steer clear when need be; but he was also intrigued enough to look into the records of the pursuit from Bunduki, and identify the ship as the self-same Pulsar Skate which had a historic connection to the now-defunct Jedi Order.

The First Order had to-date avoided becoming entangled in the affairs of the Force, save for Snoke's brilliant corruption of Ben Solo and destruction of the Jedi school. Dorja had met Darth Caedus once, some three years ago now, and he knew that a dark mastermind when he saw one. In just over a year, Snoke had undone the Galactic Alliance, Jedi and the Empire, and now the New Republic was shattered...

... but Snoke was dead, and Kylo Ren, who had led a First Order pursuit across the Outer Rim of a map to Luke Skywalker... who had reportedly pursued a rogue prisoner rather than contribute to the defense of Starkiller Base... who had allowed the Resistance to escape Crait while he killed his uncle...

He was not that mastermind.

But here they were.

"Sir!" The officer on sensors barked. "We have a launch from the surface, sir. Analysis suggests it may be the ship which interfered in the capture of the Pulsar Skate."

"We did have confirmation that the Skate was damaged on arrival, and moreso in the engagement." Analytics chimed in. "They could be fleeing in the more well-equipped vessel."

But you can't be sure, Dorja thought. His captain, Aban, peered at his Admiral, conscious of the chain of command. Dorja simply stared at Wyyrlok. The Chagrian smirked. "Deploy a squadron of TIE/SF fighters to pursue the ship." His yellow eyes shifted back to Dorja. "They are hyperdrive equipped, no? Therefore they can follow it as necessary."

"Correct, sir," he said, nodding to Aban, who repeated the order. He turned back. "And we are to remain?"

"I would bombard the planet but that will not guarantee the death of Magnus," Wyyrlok said. "Therefore, we shall deploy troops."

"Very good, sir," Dorja responded, conscious of the Chagrian's overuse of the word therefore. Aban gave the order and First Order Stormtroopers would be dutifully prepared. "A single transport? Twenty men?" Dorja knew women served in the First Order equally to men, but it was an old habit.

"Twenty should be sufficient." Wyyrlok nodded. He turned back to the display. "For now."

Dorja tried not to arch an eyebrow in curiosity. It was a habit he had picked up from Thrawn, and even now, thirty years after he had last served with the Chiss, he still did it rather than speak. Wyyrlok wasn't looking, and he didn't reply. Dorja mentally sighed as the twelve black-red TIE's launched, veering immediately to intercept. Dorja was a fan of the updated TIE Fighter design, complete with shields, hyperdrive and even missiles. It was formidable, and didn't lean too heavily into the Chiss Clawcraft inspired TIE Defender that Thrawn had been so devoutly supportive of.

This was going to be a long deployment.

--
    The Hideout

Vergere blinked her eyes slowly, noting Kyp's belligerence as Colcha left and followed his plan. It wasn't very Jedi. But then again, there wasn't a Jedi Order to speak of right now. "We want to reignite the light of the Force, no?" She said, somewhat sharply. "When the galaxy falls, the Jedi are the only ones who can hold that beacon," she narrowed her eyes in disapproval.

"Hiding is not always in keeping with that." She tapped her beak with a claw.

Her gaze slid to Ashban. "Ben Solo - the fourth, youngest and less well-known of the children of Han and Leia Solo. A little over a year ago he fell to the dark side, and with a handful of his fellow students, slaughtered the Jedi academy and his teachers. Luke Skywalker left for self-exile because of this, and the Jedi Order lost all its cohesion at a time of crisis. Only Leia focused upon the new threat, while the surviving Jedi were locked in old battles with the Sith."

Vergere's voice had censure within it. But she didn't direct it at Kyp, though undoubtedly he would have a view on her implied criticism.

The Force stirred in spite of their presences. "Our enemy is in pursuit of us; I sense Stormtroopers approaching the City." Indeed, the scream of TIEs roared overhead outside, and they would detect militant, focused minds; twenty of them. She eyed Magnus, and turned to Kyp and Ashban, expecting the latter to be more helpful than the former.

"Will hiding within the City boundaries be safe? The people do not generally know of our presence so should be left to their own devices eventually... as long as we are not discovered."

TAG: @greyjedi125, @TheSilentInfluence, @The Real Kyp Durron, @Kev-Mas_Colcha

OOC: Slightly moving us along, ladies and gentlemen

HanSolo29 and greyjedi125 like this.
  23. The Real Kyp Durron

May 6, 2018
    IC Kyp Durron

Kyp regarded the woman coolly before half sitting against a nearby table. "Some of us don't agree with the sacrifice of family. Even believe the Solo's made a few mistakes we don't wish to repeat." He clasped his hands loosely in front of himself holding her gaze.

He watched as she spoke, he had no intention of helping at this point. He wanted them gone. He could not allow himself captured. He would not allow anyone to find his family.

Tag @greyjedi125 @TheSilentInfluence @Kev-Mas_Colcha

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

"Ben was my friend once." Eleanor added quietly. "When I first came to the Jedi Temple; he treated me like family." She sighed and shook her head of the lonely thought, and turned towards the others as she met Vergere's gaze. She frowned and felt out slightly with the force to see how many were coming. "I think we could take them but-" Eleanor looked at Kyp Durron, "I will not put you're family in danger."

She looked thoughtful, "Could we not draw them to the outskirts? They'll find us eventually but the last thing I want to do is put others in danger." Eleanor looked around the room, hoping for answers. I wish Master Skywalker were here. He would know what to do. He always seemed to have an answer for me, especially when I was just starting to learn the ways of the force.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 @The Real Kyp Durron @Kev-Mas_Colcha

HanSolo29 likes this.
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC:Ashban

Though he kept silent, Ashban had nodded vigorously at Vergere when she mentioned the group’s desire to reignite the ‘Light of the Force', though he didn't necessarily agree it had to be done specifically by a Jedi, despite being likely candidates. He found the story of Ben Solo to be indeed tragic, a tragedy made more devastating by Luke Skywalker’s self-exile. Ashban shook his head and allowed sorrow to pass through him. Vergere's recounting helped him put certain things into context, as he himself was indisposed while these events transpired.

But a dark past did not necessarily translate into a dark future. He certainly hoped not.

"Our enemy is in pursuit of us; I sense Stormtroopers approaching the City."

The bird woman spoke true. Even down here, the sound of TIE fighters could be heard. In the Force, he could sense them approaching, just as she said.

"Will hiding within the City boundaries be safe? The people do not generally know of our presence so should be left to their own devices eventually... as long as we are not discovered."

Ashban made a huffing sound after Kyp’s words. He had hope that meeting this group would somehow rekindle the spark in him. But Kyp resolved to be himself. So be it.

The blind man opened his mouth to speak, but the Jedi woman, Magnus, had been faster. Apparently she was acquainted with Ben Solo. That was intriguing in and of itself, but such knowledge would have to wait, given the circumstances. Her desire to meet their assailants mirrored his own thoughts on the matter however.

She hadn’t read his mind, had she?

“I agree with Magnus.” Ashban interjected.

“The dust storm could provide us with incidental cover if we ambush them, squad by squad. Blasters weapons have difficulty under present conditions and are limited to close range- unlike a jedi’s weapon.”

“I could draw them away from the city, as I am known to the locals” He said with a nod to Vergere, before turning to Eleanor. “Can’t have the Sun Guard hogging up all the glory, but I suggest you stay here.”

“She is right you know. Anonymity is your shield, and if he is indeed here, then the more reason for you not to make your presence known. He might sense you and find us all, including Kyp.”

And his family as a result.

“I must go alone.” Ashban intoned with a measure of finality.

“You all must escape and survive.Use the maze of corridors to elude any pursuers. I’m sure Kyp could at
    least lead you to an old docking bay where you can make repairs to your ship.”

“Right, Kyp?”

Ashban managed an uneasy smile at the former jedi. There was a disturbance in them Force and it sent a chill down his spine.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @The Real Kyp Durron, @TheSilentInfluence, @Kev-Mas_Colcha

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019