main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knights of the Old Republic #10: Flashpoint, part 3 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    You are correct, but since they lived in the time of the Old Sith Empire, they're part of the "TotJ era".

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Addeddu = Naga Sadow...?

May explain why he never seems to be mentioned anymore post-Old Sith Wars...

[face_whistling]

Would also explain how Nadd killed Sadow, but couldn't become Dark Lord of the Sith as Sadow reanimated himself as Addeddu!

:D

3. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Interesting, Quentin, I forgot about him doing that. I don't have a huge problem with Thon, anyway.

Yes, Ex, the frothing mouths were annoying. Didn't want to mention it, though, since I knew you'd be along shortly. [face_mischief]

4. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    I agree.[face_mischief]

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yes, I have wondered about that. Frequently.

Finally we could see the EPIC and HUGE war that engulfed the entire galaxy, as opposed to the couple of skirmishes that we got.

Oh, and maybe Kun would convert more than twenty freaking Jedi.... *grumbles*

6. Solojacen

Solojacen Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2006
    Hey, has anybody noticed that the Hooded figure from issue #9 may be in #10. In #9 the council said that he got jedi or students of his captured on Suurji (what ever the planet was called) by Mandolorians.
    Squint was captured on that planet.

7. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Not always, just when I'm really tired and sarcastic. It also helps if they're dissing the DE trilogy or TOTJ because I can get rather passionate about them.

8. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    It doesn't really matter anyway. I'm a real big smartass(not in a bad way)when i'm not on the internet. Especially at work, it tends to make the day go by quicker.

9. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    They will, of course, fry someone at one point or another in the issue, just to prove that the planet's proximity to its sun really does ash anything outside of the shield...

10. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    No KOTOR this week :(

11. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    Since #10 was originally #9, I find it unlikely.

12. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    NO? BOOOO. *is sad* I was looking forward to it, too.

- Keralys

13. cbagmjg

Jul 12, 2006
    I believe that issue #9 is suppose to be taking place at the same time as issue #10. That's the way JJM explained it. So there still is a chance the hooded figure could show up by the end of it.

And as for #10 being pushed back, it sucks, but atleast it's a week not a month. And JJM didn't even know it was pushed back.

14. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    i think haazen is darth sion he talks like him. and the hk droid in #14 how can that be hk-47 i thought revan created him. zayne can't be revan because revan was a gaurdian not a sentinel.

15. cbagmjg

Jul 12, 2006
    How does Haazen talk like Darth Sion? He talks like any other Sith baddie. Plus, besides the whole eye thing they really look nothing alike. You can make the argument that his legs and right arm are covered, but you're forgeting the fact Sion's shoulder is exposed as organic, while Haazen's is cyberkinetic. And I make my point again that his m/o is contradicting. Also a "failed padawan" is hardly one that i'd consider "To have fallen so far and yet learned nothing." A certain Jedi Master on the other hand...

16. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    There's nothing to indicate that the HK is HK-47, AFAIK. First of all, the two look nothing alike upon close inspection, second of all, I doubt Revan's personal Assassin would be travelling with Zayne if he's even been built by this point (do we know when in Revan's career he constructed HK-47?), thirdly, a random cameo by HK-47 would be the sort of meaningless fanwanking that people make fun of novels for, and is not the sorta thing I can see DH stooping to (I'm not familiar enough with individual authors to sday whether so-and-so would or wouldn't do that, but I think I can safely say DH as a whole wouldn't do that)

17. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I'm not so certain, frankly.[face_thinking]

18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    How about a meaningful cameo? So long as it has a good purpose and makes sense, I'm fine with it. Going by JJM's writing so far, I don't think we'll be disappointed.

19. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Yeah, I was sorta thinking that when I read Q_M's post. Cameos that aren't simply there for the sake of cameos are good, although that still doesn't explain away all the differences between HK in the game and HK on the cover.

20. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    And what I was thinking when I read your post was that if DH can stoop to throwing in dead Mandos in a comic just for the hell of it, well, they're capable of just about anything.;)

21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Jeremy made a statement on DH's boards that pretty strongly implied that droid wasn't HK-47, and the weight of evidence from the droid's appearance and HK's history suggests we are not dealing with HK-47. I wouldn't be too worried.

What I would worry about is if he's an earlier HK-model with the same personality that just serves as an HK stand-in. If he "joins the party" it will be rather grating.

22. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    And if this HK "joins the party" and becomes the HK stand-in, does that make Elbee into T3-M4's stand-in?

23. cbagmjg

Jul 12, 2006
    HK-47 was built shortly after the beginning of the Jedi Civil War. If you look on the thread "The Origins of Darth Revan" I listed word for word his conversation with the Exile on the subject. But you do have to take in the account that he is a droid and they don't always remember everything. Still, I doubt that it would of been bad info and not cleared up. He does remember a lot in the first game the more you repair him.

24. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Well then, it's settled. Without an obnoxious retcon, this droid from the beginning of the Mando Wars couldn't be HK because of timing (and all that other stuff we've said)

25. cbagmjg

Jul 12, 2006
    I'm sure someone will object fact, they always do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.