main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knights of the Old Republic #14: Days of Fear, part 2 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vengance1003, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Dustin, not Brian.

2. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    That's definitely Ching. I thought Weaver was doing this whole arc too, but evidently not.

3. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    Dustin actually drew a convincing Carth back in Flashpoint. I would have never guessed this was Carth if he hadn't introduced himself.

4. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Dangit, have they switched artists around again? They never put the creative team in the previews. They need to do that.

5. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    Why do they keep switching artists during an arc like this? It was universally hated back in Commencement, and it was only ok in Reunion because of that smokin hot panel of Jarael in #12. Now this.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    No, you're thinking about what Carth did after Telos was bombarded by the Sith...

This Carth is well, WELL better than the pudgy potential Carth that we saw in Flashpoint. He DOES Look a bit like Ching's Obi-Wan without a beard though... but a lot of Ching's characters look similar.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I thought it was Socorro?

Ah, one's Lando's homeworld, one is not. I see.

8. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I actually expected him to introduce himself as Remy LeBeau.:D Especially with that big trenchcoat he has on.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/c/cc/Gambit_005.jpg]

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    The trenchcoat rocks!

I want someone to mod that into the game.

10. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Trenchcoats rock without fail.

11. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
  12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Shall we add Carth's Rockin' Trenchcoat to The List of Sacred Apparel? It looks great over Morgan Katarn's Sweet Suspenders... [face_mischief]

:p

13. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    Telos wasn't bombed until the Jedi Civil War.

14. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Brown trenchcoat, suspenders...

...Malcolm Reynolds? :eek:

Anyway, the brown coat reminds me of Flyboys, and makes me think even more that Martin Henderson would be good at playing Carth...

15. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Uh oh, the Republic is about realise some hard truths about their defences. Such dishonorable to have one's bases so close to populated cities.

Mandalorians are going to glass the hell out of that place.

16. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    With NUKES!

17. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003

Uh oh, the Republic is about realise some hard truths about their defences. Such dishonorable to have one's bases so close to populated cities.

Did it ever occur to you that there are several perfectly good reasons for having military bases close to populated cities?

18. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Oh good, maybe we'll finally see some more of Rohlan.:)

19. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I was looking at it from the Mandalorian point of view, Billy. And the Mandalorians didn't see it that way. :)

20. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Never crossed your mind that the Mandalorians could have just used those Republic bases as an excuse to flatten the cities? Especially when they were wanting to draw the Jedi to the war? And what else there is on that planet for the Republic to defend except the cities? If they would not have put bases and fortifications close to the cities, the Mandalorians would have just conquered the cities. And the Mandalorians seem always have an excuse for destruction: "If you fight us, we kill you and everyone else because you dare to fight us! If you do not fight us, we kill you and everyone else so that Jedi will get angry and will come and fight us!" Etc.

21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Actually that's what I think Canderous said. That they leveled entire words just to provoke the Republic to face them. Canderous reasoned that it was foolish for the Republic to believe that the Mandalorians wouldn't attack bases so close to populated cities. That was his, and probably the Mandalorians POV. Is that EVIL,well that you're point of view.

they would have probably leveled the cities anyway. As you said, "Fight you die, don't you die." that's just they way they are.

and I love them for it.

22. Kenobi_Kid

May 5, 2005
    I'm thinking perghaps that the Republic had them set up their camps for that exact reason. A: There is the off-chance that the Mando's will try a more careful assault in order to limit civilian casualties and B: if the civilians do get wiped out then the Republic can use this as a platform for bringing the Jedi into the war.

Either way their forces there are screwed because no one beats the Mandos except Revan or Kyle Katarn.

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Look gang, what that series needs is action. The story is kinda lame if you ask me. Were are the lightsaber duels? The force powers? The fleet action?

24. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Actually KOTOR is the first series to actually have fleet action is a long long while. The fleets battles and scenes that have been shown are massive, the way they should be in STar Wars. If the Clone Wars comics would have had this type of Fleet action it probably would have been a better read.

25. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    Star Wars is a big setting, and there is place here for all kinds of stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.