main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knights of the Old Republic #15: Days of Fear, part 3 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    If were getting into specifics on Squint's looks then explain why Zayne looks different with each artist. These are probably the same people that think Haazen is Sion(which I don't), even though side by side there are many differences. The only other person I can see Squint being is Sion and Jarael is the Exile, which would explain Sion's love for her. I don't think that theory is right though. Lucien's personallity and looks make him the ideal Sion with Haazen being the precursor.

2. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I thought this issue was weak, mainly because of the art.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Nukey its good to see you back. What happened at the darkhorse boards? Ur right, this series so far has great fleet action, and yes it also makes me wonder what the hell happen in those clone wars. Where were the fleet action!

4. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
    Jarael cannot be the Exile. There are plenty of reasons, but the most important one is that the latter is canonically a Human.

Squint's eyes looked pretty brown to me in #15.

5. StateOfLoveAndTrust

StateOfLoveAndTrust Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Of course Alek is Malak. As has been brought up before by many posters of superior intellect, Jarael had her back turned and the sound muffled by the two spacesuits when he gave his name, so he actually said Malak, but she misheard it as Alek. It's foolproof!

Not to mention there's a ton of precedents in comics for that type of situation.

6. DarthNuke0

DarthNuke0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    I've been here since my banning. Well this is my main home again to put in in a sense. Strad didn't like that I busted off on him about something he said about Boba Fett being the first and greatest of the Mandalorians. HE tried to fire back on what I said in my little game, but then I corrected him in the only way a true NUKE can. Thus I am here.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, that's nice. Can we stay away from Nuke v. Stradley politics here, though? I don't want crap spilling over from other boards.

8. DarthNuke0

DarthNuke0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Hey, I was just answering Vongs question brother.

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I know. I was just reminding you not to make it an issue here, in case I hadn't said so before. :)

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    In any case, its good to see you back and around. I always enjoyed your chats at the .....boards. Fleet battles haven't really been a forte for the star wars comic books and sometimes I can't understand why. The Dark Empire series had some good stuff, the first 5 issues of Rebellion basically made my mouth ooze with happines, and so far the KOTOR series is doing a heck of a job. I'm hoping that Legacy will also have some of that stuff. Though I wonder, will John Jackson Miller cover the KOTOR 2 period? I sure would like to know more about Malachor 5 and the forbidden Trayus Academy. Because what I have gathered from that second game was that Malachor 5 was a taboo planet and it was that Academy that lead both Revan and Malak to Korriban and Rakata Prime.

11. Sikon

Sikon Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2006
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [face_thinking] Hmmmm... he uses the term, "final fate of Gryph."

That doesn't sound too good. Had he left out that first word, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. But now it just sounds so... final.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Bah. The Gryph can't die.

If he's dead, who's going to be the Mayor of Sernpidal
    ?

14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Like that would stop him?

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I liked this issue but damn....

Miller killed the Gryph. Nuclear holocaust, no less. Ok, yes, we haven't seen the body, but sure looks like he's gone...

JB

16. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    You have to have a first fate before you have a final fate. My guess is that his final fate is whena Carth mentions warning 17 cities. And i'm sure the one's with bases are most of them. I highly doubt Gryph is dead.

17. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes I really think Alek/Squint is Malak, for many reasons:

- the red spacesuit
    - Alek is close to "Malak"
    - the republicans could not call him because he was in a mission or something, and then you see Malak with Revan on another planet

But I wonder why Malak call Revan "Master". I thought they had the same age, and I thought that Malak became Revan's disciple only when they both became Sith.

18. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    No, we saw Alek and the Revanchist leader on that alien planet, not Malak and Revan.

19. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Who is Squint, the young-Solo-looking kid? Squint is not an actual name; so therefore his name is purposely left unknown. Gives credence to what his real identity could be. [face_thinking]

20. Kaje

May 29, 2005
    No, Squint's name is Alek.

21. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Alek is Malak. The hooded Jedi is Revan.[face_plain]

22. Kaje

May 29, 2005
    Possibly.

23. Master_Palpy

Master_Palpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    "The people! The people!"

Zayne Carrick is now officially the best Star Wars character. EVAR!!!1!

:p Sorry, I just had to say...not it, but something. That was a fantastic issue!

I'd hoped for Zayne to be one of the known Sith Lords from the KotOR games, but I've changed my mind. Zayne ist the...living Jedi dream... :cool: or :p ?

24. D-Murda

D-Murda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    Exactly the reason why I think Alek is NOT Malak. Like I said before, Malak and Revan were both Knights at the time of the Mandalorian Wars.

I still think Alek will end up becoming Sion or even Nihilus if he has to be ANYbody. If not, he's just Alek.

25. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I totally agree that this was the best issue since Flashpoint 2 --- in fact, I feel that this was the best written issue of the series so far. It was an amazing read from beginning to end, with Zayne's screaming of "The people! The people!" and then collapsing on the deck winning the award for Most powerful moment of the series. Every scene in this issue spoke volumes, and Dustin Weaver's gorgeous art fit it perfectly. The final few panels with Zayne's reaction to Carth's revelation were wonderful. I loved this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.