main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knights of the Old Republic #32: Vindication, part 1 (of 4)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Trip, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    It's well to ask this question. I would also drop in the idea that there might be more than those two options. ;)

All part of the plan, folks -- and yes, there are definitely more stories yet to be told. Now, who will survive to appear in those stories ? and what their galaxy will look like ? is what's yet to unfold. Starting with a certain KOTOR issue hitting the shelf this week...

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh, John, you play with our minds so.

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Johnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! More cryptic messages!

4. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    The not-cryptic part is that big things happen, and then there are big things after that, and after that. That's thanks to you guys -- keep passing those comics to your friends like you have been! (Yes, we've constructed a conspiracy of comic-pushers...)

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I think I'd prefer a situation where Kreia is Krynda's half sister, not sharing the Miraluka parent.

Kreia, after all, hates the miraluka. Maybe she didn't like her step-father/mother? [face_whistling]

There's also a nice contrast there, with Kreia being "the historian" and Krynda being "the seer" (the famous quote being: "a historian is a prophet in reverse"). There's also an irony in that Kreia becomes more and more "seer-like" herself, to the point where she sees thousands of years into the future at the end of KotOR II. It would also be deliciously ironic if Traya bent her half-sister's covenant to her Sith will. [face_devil]

Still holding out for Kreia being Kae. [face_praying]

Edit: Oh, and while we're at it, lets make Visas the offspring of Lucien and Q'Anilia! ;)

That's right, I advocate a GFFA where EVERYONE is related. Mwahahahahaha.

6. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Indeed. The KOTOR Underground shall never be stopped!

(Though my friends do pester me so about the Rholan/Demagol thing. Could you not share some much wanted light on the matter John? [face_batting])

7. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh my god, only three more big things? WE'RE GOING TO RUN OUT!!!!!!

IT'S THE END OF THE SERIES! PANIC! PANIC!

:p

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'd say we're giving John and Jan a hobby - messing with our minds by giving us teasers and cryptic remarks.[face_hypnotized]

And I think I know John's and Jan's answer to my remark will be one of these: [face_plain], [face_whistling], [face_not_talking], or [face_talk_hand]

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, you guessed one of mine [face_plain] followed by... :confused:

(JJM isn't the John of team John+Jan :p)

10. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Don't forget John. It's not just John and Jan, it's John and John and Jan... and Dustin and Doug. (And Brian.)

- Keralys

11. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    I would be happy to. The Rohlan/Demagol Thing is a fusion jazz act that worked many of the clubs on Mandalore until a dispute over a recording contract broke up the duo. However, their early recordings remain popular and one was recently used as the background music for a series of Holofeed apparel commercials.

Hope that clears things up for your friends. Now if they have more specific questions... :D

12. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    To Wookieepedia!

13. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    I see Krynda very much alive. Her sister was the one who died in the Sith War(Shaones Culu?), so how could she be Kreia. I don't think there would of been an issue like #9 that focused primarily on Lucien and his mother's relationship if she was already dead.

14. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I wonder if they are available on iTunes. [face_thinking]

15. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    I am really interested about three things:
    1. How much of Coruscant will we see? The Senate hasnt appeared at all in the series. Will we see discussions regarding the war? I would see this leaning toward no, but I assume it depends on how much time we spend on Coruscant.
    2. Will we see the Jedi Temple? I am obsessed, I know, but I would like for Zayne at some point to go to the Temple for some reason or another.
    3. Will we see the destruction of the Draay Estate. I would really like to see Vader there at some point, maybe where Celeste fights him or Luke. I think that would be interesting along with its relationship with the Temple.

We will see I guess.

16. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Gryph says he's got warehouses full of their stuff, priced to sell. Place an order on your credit account and he'll have it shipped in three business days.

17. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    :oops:

Lesson learned : Never ask John Jackson Millar for answers. You'll learn more then you ever wanted to know.

18. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

What's sales figures like for comic TPBs? I saw on TFAW page on Clone Wars 1: Defense of Kamino, that it sold back then over 10,000 copies, and it was put on the page like it was a serious achievement.

The world of comic making fascinates me, so I was just curious what a very intelligent and brand new series like KOTOR is like in sales figures, compared to other star wars series.

19. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    TPBs make more money than issues, but there are fewer sold, IIRC.

Here are the sales figures for March. As you can see, the Star Wars issues sell about 20,000 to 30,000, whereas the TPBs only sell a few thousand. So I imagine getting Kamino to sell 10,000 was a pretty big deal.

KotOR issues look to be doing pretty well, around the 20,000 mark, though they're surpassed by Legacy. But I'll defer to JJM, since I'm sure he knows a lot more about the comics business than me. ;)

20. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    We picked up a lot with Vector -- thanks, again, to everyone. On the TPB matter, it is important to note that the figures from Diamond on TPBs are both JUST from comics shops ? no Barnes & Noble, Amazon or anyone else counted ? and they are just the first month's sales. Trades continue selling copies forever, and so the total number sold is usually much higher. Watchmen has sold umpty-gazillion copies over 20 years and frequently makes Diamond's Top 100 list along with the NEW books.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Aaaarrgghh!
    Glad to hear there's more KOTOR, but survive? [face_worried]

That's quite an interesting view. [face_thinking] Because she did mention her sister in #9.
    Plus, I've always found Krynda's quote "I would have gladly have given my eyes!" to be somewhat foreshadowing and powerful although I don't know why. I'm not all for the Krynda=Kreia theory because I think that everyone-from-the-comic-shuld-be-someone-from-the-game is a little cliche. However, there are a lot of similarities between the two. (and Kreia saying "At last you see")

Anyway, I'm not so sure about the whole thing now after #28 when Celeste indicates that Krynda might not be aware of the whole thing with the Padawan Massacre. It could really be as someone mentioned it before, that Krynda is out o the scene and Haazen is pulling the strings... [face_thinking]

[face_laugh]

That should sound cool. :D
    I would try to get a hold of some of their recordings, but I'd rather not do any credit card business as Havac proposes, whilst Gryph is around... [face_worried] :p [face_worried]

22. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Yes. Do you have the names of the Mandies who were in the band?;)

23. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    She also mentions, like her husband and Vodo, that her sister was killed. And probably Shaones Culu because the Draay family has interests in some Culu Foundation(forget the specifics, but it's something like that).

And even the movie characters had major roles in comics and novels. Heck, most were well known characters. I don't think every character should be a whole new character. So having someone become someone from the game is not as bad of an idea as people make it out. After all, most characters in KOTOR are new.

24. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

That's good to know. I'd take a TPB over a mere book any day. It's a light but deeper reading exp.

25. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Sorry, wrong thread. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.