main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Known Issue - Pages that won't load

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 21, 2015.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It worked for Windows 98, it works for servers, it must work for everything, that's just logic. :p

I can't take too much credit, though, LAJ and I emailed Grahame under the assumption that it was probably a server issue. Sure enough.

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OK, we're not completely done here. On some users' profiles, the "Postings" tab still won't load. Two examples of this are on the profile pages of Csillan_girl and earlybird-obi-wan.

EDIT: Bringing the attention of Ramza to this.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postings tab might continue to be an issue. Also we have an Elasticsearch problem at the moment so new posts won't be reflected there. I've emailed Grahame on that but he's East Coast US so it might be a little while before he comes online.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Everything is shiny in NSWFF, too. I have to add my voice to the chorus of gratitude up above! Thank-you.[:D][face_love]

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    From Comms:

And the "Postings" tabs on the profile pages I mentioned above are working again. Thanks again!

8. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    All systems are go for me, too. Thank you to everyone who remedied this issue, it's very much appreciated. :D

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Possibly happening again? Quote from Comms:

Findswoman and Sith-I-5 like this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

I just noticed this too, with this very same page (http://boards.theforce.net/threads/night-of-terror.50042437/). Chrome is giving me a message that says "The boards.theforce.net page isn’t working / boards.theforce.net didn’t send any data," with an error code of "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE." I can post this in the comms thread too, if it would help. Thanks!

11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Mmmm. It looks like a different issue that I've run into before with the boards not liking a ton of formatting, since that is the only thread that seems to be doing it. Comms would be the place to report any other similar glitches.

Findswoman likes this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    That's a worry, when an existing thread, especially an Index, can be knocked out by an update.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If it's an index it could be down to the amount of markup. I know those kind of threads tend to make heavy use of it.

Edit - I can open pages 2 and 3 by going straight to them. However if I try to display page 1 either by going to it directly or via the thread link it won't display.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    And that thread was among the threads that we had problems with back in March 2015. [face_nail_biting]

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Any solution for this? Thank you. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  17. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I'd like to know, too, because my own index post is likewise on the page that's affected. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm double checking with people who know more than I. :)

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    If the thread needs to be restarted, it would be awesome if you could give us our data in some format, on pastebin or wherever. :)

And this makes me think that I would probably break the board if I listed all my OCs in the other index.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I believe disabling the legacy link tag (ie [link=][/link] rather than [url=][/url]) has fixed the issue.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  21. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yay! Thanks for doing that Ramza.

But just a note for users for the future, if the page won't load for you guys, it probably won't load for us either (depending on the issue), so having a back up of your post somewhere saved on your computer might be a good idea.

mavjade likes this.
  22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I would absolutely second Briannakin's advice there, I could not get in via some of our obvious workarounds.

23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Yay, thanks Ramza :) The thread can now go back to its regular programming!

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Works fine for me, too.