main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Koska Reeves (Mysterious Hooded Woman)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Sep 15, 2020.

1. aewhistory

aewhistory Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2019
    There is definitely a line. For example, I could watch Bruce Campbell do Ash from Army or Darkness all day. The movie and character are clearly B-film fodder, but that’s what makes it so wonderful. You have to have someone ridiculous saying lines like, “okay all you primitive screwheads, listen up. This here is my boomstick.” Or “gimme some sugar baby.”

This is a wonderful example of ‘so bad it’s good’ but oftentimes it is just.... bad. That said, I didn’t find Sasha Banks brought me out of the scenes she was in. I found that more in chapter four when Cara Dune is introduced and how Gina Carano performed her lines (save for her fighting scene with Mando—that was amazing). Carano has grown on me though and I think that if Banks returns I’d likely be fine with her as well.

Bor Mullet and SilentGuy66 like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. So bad it’s good is good. So bad it’s bad is bad. I found Carano and Banks to lean the latter way, as there’s nothing silly about their lines or their situations, as is the case in Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, etc. It was just flat, bad delivery of normal lines during serious scenes. That said, Carano has improved this season, which is good. Here’s to hoping Banks does too, if she reappears.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  3. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Maybe yesterday's Wrestlemania result for Sasha is tied in with future appearances in the Star Wars Universe? :boba: