main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 2: General Chat & Discussion (NOT for Gameplay help / walkthroughs) - CONTAINS PLOT SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jhc36, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Pilaf

Lord_Pilaf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    I did. I owned all three Sith Lords with double pistol Watchman. BOOYAH. :p

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

That's embarassing for the "Sith Lords" if you did. ;)

Not as ridiculous, though, as blocking sword and saber energy blades bare handed. 8-}

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [face_shhh]

It never happened, Ex, never!

As a question to any here, does anyone have the KotoR 2 Guide book and can verify that Atris is referred to as Darth Traya in it?

I happen to love the idea of two Darth Traya's

[face_love]

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

It was clever to fit Traya in betrayal, I'll give them that much. Other than that, there was no fun in constantly swapping companions to fit the right influence moment, only university work.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I guess they were going for game longetivity, assumedly.

I admit I cannot be bothered to nag the Disciple to talk to me, personally.

Having characters walk upto you and tell you about your companions works somewhat, though, like with Atton's past. Kreia's mindlink thingey was convenient.

To be frank, they, and maybe Visas, were all that were needed. Having fights with Mandalore and T3 and HK to learn something we already knew bored me silly. Hanharr I nagged simply because Kreia told me to. Brianna because I enjoyed teasing her, much like Bastila.

6. Thamelion

Thamelion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2005
  7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    As far as jedi training is concerned, I had a hard time getting any type of dialogue on Bao-Dur or Mira. I don't know how I could turn them. Atton, I did not do anything and he confided in me and I trained him. Handmaiden, I gained influence on her every action I did but I could never train her.

With Mira(and any character) you have to get them off the ship with you. You have to keep nagging at her about her past and friendship. At some point she will become very angry and threaten you if you don't leave her alone. Wait awhile then talk with her again. Dialogue options will open up that lead to Jedi training options. You have ot get her back to Nar Shadaa and take her to the red cantina entrance aand she will have an awakening to the Force.

With Handmaiden you have to beat her three times in hand to hand training combat onboard the ship. At some point you can ask her to put some clothes on and she puts on a robe that opens a dialogue option to recognize the robes as Jedi robes. They were her mother's robes. Talk with her about it, then talk with Kreia about it. At some point soon after she will ask to be trained in the Force. She is a BADASS Jedi Guardian.

Those really should go in the walkthrough help thread, just so you know.

Now for plot holes I did not get:
    - Where is Goto? Surely, goto is not that little droid. It's omeone else, right?
    - The original HK talks of an assassin droids factory that I need to go destroy. Nothing came out of that.

Yes the droid is GOTO, it takes huge influence to get it out of him. The HK Factory is a part of the game that was never completed.

How is the force bond between Exile and Kreia broken? In the game, they say that if she dies, I die and vice versa.

You really don't until the end of the game.

As a question to any here, does anyone have the KotoR 2 Guide book and can verify that Atris is referred to as Darth Traya in it?

Yes she is called Darth Traya in the guide book.

8. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I hear the Darth Traya thing is another part of the infamous cut content. Like, depending on your alignment, either Atris or Kreia turned out to be Traya, so that if you were Dark Side you were to fight Atris.

Or something like that.

9. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Yeah, G0-T0 is a droid who was once a part of the Republic who's mission was to preserve the Republic, which is why he wanted you to solve the situations on Onderon, Dantooine and such. I once heard that the Exile/Kreia bond was broken when Kreia fell to the darkside, I just don't remember where or if that was the actual reason or not.

You are correct. Atris would become Traya and Kreia would be redeemed (I think)

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The Atris = Darth Traya part was cut way before the game was close to being finished, though. It wasn't meant to be in the final product.

11. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    Damn, that plot point sounds intriguing. Would've liked to have seen my character get his old sabre back too.

12. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Oissan posted:
    The Atris = Darth Traya part was cut way before the game was close to being finished, though. It wasn't meant to be in the final product.[hr][/blockquote]

I know, I was just saying what would've happened. There's a picture out there somewhere of Atris as Traya, too.

13. TheRelentlessHunter

TheRelentlessHunter Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2006
    I posted my own topic, but this might be faster. Could one of you do me a favor and look something up in the game for me? It is a quote that Kreia says to Mandalore. It is in front of that big Hangar on Dxun I THINK. I don't remember is it is before or after Onderon, one of the lines is Kreia saying "So that when the time comes..." That is all I remember. If one of you have a save point near there and could find out for me, that would be great.

14. Starfire19

Starfire19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2006
    Is there, now? If you (or anyone else) come across it I'd love to see it. I might just try searching it on Google or something. We'll see if that works.

15. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I believe this is the picure you're looking for.

Wow I just found something interesting. Its funny, I've never touched the graphics or options in Kotor II for some odd reason. So I just found this option where your mouse controls your camera or whatever. I really like it, but I'm having problems with it. With it youre no longer able to click boxes and stuff because the mouse controls the camera. I started switching some buttons around so that I could change my options with my keyboard, but theres just so freakin many of them, I feel like I'll never set it all up. Anyone else use this option?

16. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    [face_laugh] @ the pic

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I've played partway through KOTOR 2, and I have to wonder: why is it that your character so trusting of the little band of misfits he/she's dragging throughout the galaxy? Almost your entire party consists of people who are out to kill you before making a complete 180 and joining you instead.

"Oh, I used to be an evil Sith Lord....but that's all in the past now!" (Kreia)
    "I loyally serve that uptight Jedi Master all my life and who absolutely hates your guts right now....but I'm thinking that she might be wrong. Mind if I follow you around on your quest?" (Handmaiden)
    "Don't worry about the fact that I tracked you across the galaxy, sneaked aboard your ship and tried to assassinate you. Let's be friends now!" (Visas)
    "I was going to hunt you down and turn you over to the most ruthless crime ring ever, but now I think you're a pretty swell guy. I think I'll join you!" (Mira)
    "What? I most certainly did not try to capture you, hold you hostage, and then threaten to turn you and your ship into a flaming ball of shrapnel if you didn't take me with you. I'm just tagging along for the fun of it!" (G0T0)

Instead of accepting all these funny excuses for allies, I think a very much more appropriate response for the Jedi Exile would be, "You know, that's all very nice, and I forgive you for what you've done, BUT YOU'RE NOT SETTING FOOT ON MY SHIP!"

18. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    You forgot Atton professionally torturing and killing the Jedi :)

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Iinteresting. I must have picked a dialogue option that I have never picked before with the battle with Atris. She reveals that she leaked your location and that is why the Harbinger was attacked with you aboard before the beginning of the game. She does this to get the Sith out in the open by using you as bait. 7 games I never read that one before.

20. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    That *****.

21. DWALIN

DWALIN Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2006
    Hi, I have a question: does anybody know who exactly is the character called ?the Compeer?, who is supposed to control all the Exchange, including the big bosses like Davik Kang and G0-T0? This character is mentioned in some sources, including Wookieepedia. I have read somewhere that it is just a nickname of G0-T0?s, but Wookieepedia says it is another character, and G0-T0 is just one the Compeer?s under-bosses. Could anyone tell me where the original information about the Compeer comes from? Wookieepedia says the sources are ?Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2?, but I never heard any of the game characters mention him.

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    There are many prominant figures in the Exchange.

Taris:
    Davik Kang was powerful in KOTOR before he died. He had people making spice runs all over the galaxy, including to Korriban. He had business everywhere, including how he funded the Black Vulkars.
    He had figures like the bounty hunter Calo Nord and the Mandalorian mercenary Canderous Ordo working for him.

Citadel Station:
    Loppak Slusk, leader of the Bumani Exchange Corporation, was the leader of the Exchange in Citadel Station.

Nar Shaddaa:
    There are many bosses in Nar Shaddaa:

Saquesh is the leader of the Exchange in the Refugee Quad. He uses his power to exploit them, often capturing them and selling them as slaves.

Vogga the Hutt is the power behind a powerful shipping company and sits on a horde of fuel. He also abuses his power.

The Red Eclipse are a company of slaving Trandoshans.

Visquis is a pawn of G0T0, and has his base underneath Jekk'Jekk Tar.

G0T0 has the most influence and power in the exchange, and has his reach everywhere. He is the one who put the bounty on the Exile.

my assumtion is that G0T0 is the "Compeer," though I haven't heard anyone call anyone that in the game.

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The Compeer is also mentioned in Davik's entry on the Databank, so s/he must exist, but it's not a term I recall hearing either.

24. DWALIN

DWALIN Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2006
    But are you sure Vogga was also a member of the Exchange? Wookieepedia doesn?t even consider him a crime lord. Of course, he ordered Hanharr to kill G0-T0, but who knows, maybe the Hutt laws would consider that a sort of lawful self-defence.

25. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    I guess Vogga wasn't in the Exchange, since he mentioned something about "G0-T0 and the Exchange ruining his business" by capturing all of his ships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.