main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendary_Kenobi

Legendary_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Well seeing how we dont know if there will be one, so no clues as to anything in it. I guess we could start out with your hopes for it.

*mine*

1. Can choose your species.
    2. Have customization options for choseing your character instead of just picking a portrait.
    3. More lightsaber colers <BLACK>
    4. Can choose your followers from all characters instead of being stuck with the ones it gives you.
    5.Scratch the Ebon Hawk, you design your own ship.

2. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    hmm this seems asthough it will become an interesting thread. but please if your post is going to consist of kotor2 spoilers warn us first.

Edit: that wasnt directed at you legendary_kenobi, it was just a general comment.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Well, I'll definitely agree with more customization options for your character. Different species, different body types, etc.

As far as more lightsaber colors... uh, no. Come on now, we already have light blue (cyan) and light green (viridian). That should prove that they're already running out of color ideas. And black? Last time I checked, black is not a color. In fact, it's the total absense of color. It's simply not possible to have a black lightsaber. The best you can hope for is a very dark purple. Taking away black, what's left? Pink? Magenta? Cornflower? Enough is enough.

The thing I want most out of sequel is beta testing. Beta testing, beta testing, BETA TESTING! Don't rush it out again for a holiday release, please! I know some people say they haven't had any problems with bugs and glitches and crashes, and more power to 'em. I, however, haven't been so lucky. And maybe if they don't rush the game, we might just get a satisfying ending to the game. You never know.

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    As long as it has a awesome story and great characters like the first one (haven't played Sith Lords yet, as I live in Europe) it'll be fine by me.

I don't think creating your ship and having the possibility of choosing any character as a party member would be doable though.

Both KOTORs aren't exactly small in size, in fact they are large compared to most games.
    If you want the ability to choose your party members, you would need a story that isn't centered around a character (like Bastila and Malak in KOTOR) and you would need an endless amount of back stories.
    Every selectable character would need a story that interests the player, which leads to many spoken lines.

So instead of having a core group of maybe 10-15 characters, they would have to develope 20, 30 or even more of them. Needless to say that it would be very difficult to write that much dialog, much less to invent a story around these characters.

You would need one heck of space on your hard drive (and CDs or DVDs for that matter) for such amount of data.

5. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    White could be a cool color. I used to have a toy white lightsabre.

Yes, better PC options. I would like to start out as a Jedi with a lightsabre. Maybe they will give you three or four force powers to begin with.

Developed Villians. Undeveloped villians are what killed KOTOR II, in my opinion. I didn't know anything about the villians I fought except for that Darth Ni will consume everything, and Darth Sion can never die. Other than that we didn't know anything.

Revan. Bring back Revan. We should see where he went and what he did. Though if you did play as Revan, you would have to choose light or dark from the beginning, you couldn't change. Because Revan has already changed 2-3 times (depending what side you were on). Maybe Revan should be a party member, but I feel he should come back.

6. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    By that time KotOR 3 will be on X-BOX 2!!!

Heard rumors that Lucasarts are laying off guys who were planning KotOR 3 at the moment.

Revan will be hard to return due to your pickings in KotOR 1.

You guys are making the game more to SW: RPG!!!

7. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I wanna see an all-out KOTORIII with Bastilla, Revan, Your Exile from II and a few of your NPC Force users in a great game to finish the story II expands on.

*best I could do without spoilers*

8. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I don't think creating your ship and having the possibility of choosing any character as a party member would be doable though.

Yeah, I don't think that would work, either. Even though it might be interesting to take on the supreme forces of evil with Bua'Bua, the wacky Twi'lek deathstick dealer, and Jon Smith, that... uh... plain-looking guy you saw walking down the street, I just don't think it would be possible. ;)

White could be a cool color. I used to have a toy white lightsabre.

That could be kinda cool, I guess. But how different would it be from a silver lightsaber? Like I said, I think they're getting a little crazy with the colors already. When you start putting in a bunch of slightly different shades for pre-exsisting colors, well, that's just time they're wasting that could be spent making sure the game works properly. Just my opinion.

9. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'd be happy with the PC version being released at the same time as the Xbox.

Also...a new engine.

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I would like to see what most people have already mentioned, plus a few more things.

1. I would love to see more customization of the main character. It would be cool if we could pick a face, then pick hair, etc.

2. Customized lightsaber hilts, curved, black, shiny, dull, whatever. That would be nice, it would definatly make it your own lightsaber.

3. FASTER LOADING TIMES!!! I know it has a lot to load for these games, but they could make it a little faster. The loading times should be like the save times, that would be awesome!

4. I wanna see more REVAN!!! I don't wanna see undeveloped characters like Nihilis and Sion, and the other one...Nihilis and Sion had great potential for awesome characters, but, they aren't.

5. They need to spend more time on the next one, make it not so glitchy, buggy, and stuff.

That's about all I got right now...I will think of more as I continue playing KOTOR 2, if it will actually load!!!

darth_nemisis

11. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Now the lightsaber hilt thing, I absolutely agree with. I get tired of every lightsaber being the same plain, silver cylinder. Good call.

12. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    You know what else would be cool, if you have a double-bladed lightsabre then you should be able to turn only one of them on. Then if needed you could turn them both on.

13. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I agree on the customizable hilt thing and the double bladed saber you can control how many blades extend at times.

14. Legendary_Kenobi

Nov 27, 2004
    Yes the main thing I see, LESS or *NO* GLITCHES.

15. Nostril_of_Palpatine

Nostril_of_Palpatine Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2004
    Two simple requests-

1.) A storyline that has a grain of sanity in it, that doesn't leave more questions than answers.

2.) How about something called beta testing?

Either there was none with KOTOR II, or the testers were monkeys who weren't capable of conveying the massive amount of problems to the Obsidian people. Or how about the third, more apparent option- they just didn't listen to any complaints because they wanted it out by December 6 to capitalize on the market they've found and catch lightning in a bottle(the curse of most sequels). I've got no problem waiting a while for a third installment, just as long as that time is put to good use in developing the game.

16. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, since the KOTOR 3 team has been laid off, their plans scrapped, and there are no replacements lined up, I'm just throwing out a dreamlist more than a wishlist here.

Mutli-stage lightsabers. We have the single-bladed and the double-bladed, and the one-blade option is a must, but what about lightsabers that extend in length? Why do all the blades need to be one meter long? At a more advanced stage in the game, we should be able to add more color crystals and power crystals to produce a two meter (or, for the people who really need to overcompensate for a lack of something) a three-meter lightsaber.

Multiple color crystals: A necessity. If we place one blue in the hilt, then its blue. If we place a blue and a green in, then it's a sea-foam blade. If we add in a silver to the mix, then it becomes a turquoise blade. No more need to worry about viridian and magenta lightsaber crystals when we can customize and recombine to make so many new color combinations. This could go so far, and have so much potential. It would also clear up the issue about needing more colors, and it would provide endless discussions about "If I add two oranges and a yellow crystal instead of only one orange, will my peach lightsaber be more or less ripe?"

Lightsabers aside, we need to visit Coruscant. For the bright center of the universe, it sure doesn't get much attention. For the love of god, don't take us back to Tatooine.

Revan and the Exile are definate musts. Bastila and Carth need to return (I don't care for Carth, but he's a classic) as well as Canderous and several of the KOTORII characters. Once we get the whole bunch back together, it will be a grand old time. I also want to see Zaalbar take on Haanhar. One other thing: No more wookiee characters.

There should also be opportunities to use more than three characters at once. We should be able to send out our entire team for critical missions, and influence should either be removed or made MUCH simpler. More opportunities to split your team up and send them on different missions a la Dxun. Instead of just one main character, perhaps Revan, the Exile, and the new guy could all have their shots at being number one. It wouldn't be too hard to manage in the dialogue.

Most importantly of all: Clear up and resolve all those dangling storylines from KOTORII. Why were the remotes having a faceoff? How does the Ebon Hawk die and then suddenly return? How does a crash landing send someone inside of the ship flying so that they land, alone, in good condition, miles away from the crash site, while everyone else aboard remains aboard the ship?

17. Legendary_Kenobi

Nov 27, 2004
    7-7-7 please mark your last paragraph with a spoiler warning. thanks

18. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    They should add a lightsaber Spear, I've seen it like once in the EU, and I think it's really cool.

Evil.

19. Legendary_Kenobi

Nov 27, 2004
    They have force pikes but...

20. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Well i know what i'd like to see and it has to do with that "threat" cause I dunno, I got a theory about that "threat" in KOTOR II

KOTOR II spoiler

That whole wound in the force thing for the Exile where he was cut off from the force sounds a little familiar. Just think, what if when Revan and the Exile go to face this "threat" the same thing happens to said "threat" and they get cut off from the force. Now what if this "threat" was very in tune with the force and used it to create bio-technology and where planning on sweeping through taking over the old republic, you'd have to do something pretty drastic like expel them from the galaxy, make them wonder the infinite darkness of space until thousands of years later they stumble back into the "forbidden galaxy". That?s right, if you haven?t figured it out already, where talking Vong here, Candoures makes reference to what sounds like a coralskipper in KOTOR I so hey it all falls into place oddly well here. So thats what i'd like to see

21. ig-86

ig-86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    I really think after you beat the game, the main game, you can go back to planets.. maybe do mini games, start jedi academies, just do stupid stuff, u know.. explore a lil more..... kind of open ended.... prlly sounds stupid, but i think it wouldnt be bad:

22. Darth-VA

Darth-VA Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    ok... MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! IF YOU HAVENT BEATEN KOTOR 2, AVERT YOUR EYES!

ok, the storyline needs to be greatly be cleared up. at the end of KOTOR 2, depending on if your LS or DS, you cant have the ebon hawk in the next one anyway because IF you did go dark, then the ebon hawk doesnt save you, from what i've heard, darth treya pulls a sjip down from the grav-well of malachor v, then you fly away. well, if that happens, the EH is doomed.

also, force powers, REDICULOUS! how many times did you acutally use breath control after the jekk jekk tarr... my total... a whopping zero. theyre wasting time making dumb powers like that, when they could be beta testing. the glitches made this game hell. i once got stuck in the floor. i fell right through a huge gap and got stuck there. annoying? you betcha!

finally, id love to be able to pick youre party members. like in kotor 2, give the player the choice between mira and hanharr. but give points accordingly. LS or DS. the closest i've ever got to doing this, is in kotor 1, is on the rakatan planet, you can turn evil with bastila, and defeat mission, jolee, etc. etc. but thats not good enough... choices choices choices.... its what an rpg is all about. all i want is to be who ever i want to be and play the game without being restricted by something other then my choices. im not saying more of a morrowind type game, but definately more "i can do anything, anywhere." aproach to the game.

23. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Customized lightsaber hilts, curved, black, shiny, dull, whatever. That would be nice, it would definatly make it your own lightsaber.

Ah! Darn you, Nem! I was about to post this, lol. But this was a big thing I wanted SO bad in KotOR 2, and was quite let down by it not being in it. I wanted so badly to have a curved hilt!

I'd agree with everyone else about more cusomization options for your PC's face, and if not that, then more realistic faces to choose from...and just more to choose from.

Also, something missing from KotOR 2...HOODED ROBES! I saw them on Kreia and the Handmadien, but where's MINE!? I want a friggin' hooded robe! And, if I may push it a bit, a Dooku-ish outfit, or armor. You know, with a cape, and such. That'd be nice. O:)

Also, I agree...cut the lightsaber color stuff, lol. We have all we need. :p Silver is white, basically. And the closet thing we would have to a "black" saber is a dark violet or green one...that's about it. I honestly can't think of anymore.

Last, but not least, more animations. I know, there are new ones in KotOR 2, but I think there should be certain ones for certain lightsaber forms. Like, if I was using a form 2 (fencing) style, then my PC should fight in a fencing form.

That's all I can think of, at any rate. I may post more, later. :p

~Vassago

24. Letalis666

Letalis666 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    All I know is I would love to play as Revan cuz he's just the ****.

25. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    i once got stuck in the floor. i fell right through a huge gap and got stuck there. annoying? you betcha!

*maybe minor spoiler at begining*
    The same thing happened to me. I beilieve I had disabled the droids on peragus and was just jogging merrily along. I went up to one and was gonna get some parts from it...and boom, I'm stuck.

Anyways my hopes for a possible kotor 3...

~LESS GLITCHES
    ~Like most of you all, REVAN comes back baby!
    ~I would like a black lightsaber as well, I think that would work well with darkside followers.
    ~Scrath so many *sithlords*. The main thing with a sithlord is so you become familar with him/her, grow anticapation, and when you kill it the enjoyment will be greater than killing these lesser sithlords around everycorner.
    ~Many may disagree here, but one of the main characters need to die from the sith or something. I know if your a darkside follower you can kill some of your characters but still...

And thats about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.