main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR Campaign Guide: Some new info

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The_Pumaman, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Pumaman

The_Pumaman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2007
    So one guy over at the evil WotC forums has the new book and is spilling some beans. Of interest for us/you are the following in my opinion:

Info on the Arkanian, Cathar, Draethos, Feeorin, Khil, Kissai and Massassi, Miraluka, Rakata, Selkath and Snivvian. Charts with age, height and more appear too.

Info on the following ships:
    Sith
    Interdictor-class Warship
    Centurion-class Battlecruiser
    Derriphan-class Battleship
    Herald-class Shuttle
    Sith Interceptor

The Republic
    Aurek Tactical Strikefighter
    S-250 Chela-class Starfighter
    Conductor-class Short-haul Landing Craft
    Ministry-class Orbital shuttle
    KT-400 Military Droid carrier
    Foray-class blockade runner
    Hammerhead-class cruiser
    Inexpungable-class tactical command vessel

Mandalorians
    Davaas-type starfighter
    Shaadlar-type troopship
    Teroch-type gunship
    Jehavey'ir-type assault ship
    Kyramud-type battleship
    Kandosii-type dreadnaught

Allies/Opponents
    Ebon Hawk
    Krath Chaos Fighter
    Krath Command Ship
    The Visionary

Info on the following Force traditions: Jal Shey, Keetael, Krath, Luka Sene and Order of Shasa.

Info on the planets Alpheridie, Arkania, Belnar, Cadomai Prime, Cathar, Draethos, Dantooine, Flashpoint, Korriban, Malachor V, Manaan, Odryn, Onderon, Peragus II, Taris, Telerath, Telos IV and updates on the ones from the core rulebook.

Info on the Jedi Convenant, Bendak Starkiller, Demagol, Rohlan Dyre, Cassus Fett, Mandalore the Indomitable, Mandalore the Ultimate, Canderous Ordo, Gryph, Jarael, HK-47, Dob & Del Moomo, Carth Onasi, Atton Rand, Exar Kun, High Lady Brezwalt (don't recognize at all, Krynda?), Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Darth Bandon, Admiral Saul Karath, Darth Traya, Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus.

Original thread: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1073457

Enjoy.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Apparently this is the Ravager and Exar Kun's battleship, respectively. Very interesting.

Bandon! Traya! Nihilus! Sion!

:D

3. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ooh, sounds very interesting, especially all those ships. Probably won't compare to the SotG 2007 book, but I'm still hoping for a lot of new info. Hm, not sure if I would want more spoilers or would rather just wait for the book myself. Oh well, doesn't really matter, the wait is almost over.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

What does it say about Bandon? For eg, an actual background, or just basic data from the game?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Because if not, we'll have a Lomi Plo-class rant from Ex. :p

I believe we already know he's a fallen Jedi, but not much else.

I may... stress, may, buy this. The Threats of the Galaxy update was appalling, so I am tentative to spent the money I saved from ignoring the Clone Wars hardcover on this...

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm considering getting this, myself. Never bothered with the RPG stuff before, but with this much new information coming, it may just be worth it this time round.

7. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I saw that book at Borders this evening! The Clone Wars hardcover. $60 Aust dollars! For just 250 pages . . . let me say it again, $60!! Vader's minted breath, you have got to be kidding. What fool would pay that? Who?

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Starships of the Galaxy update was worth it, for me, but there wasn't a great deal of era specific information. This seems considerably more wide in it's context. With the new Sith information, and possibly a consolidation of the old TOTJ stuff... maybe.

*chuckles*

It was called LotF: Invincible, and I paid for it, and I reckon it was shorter, at £18. :p But that did convince me to stop buying hardcover's unless I desperately need them. Not that Death Star and Allegiance hadn't already chipped away at my desire to consume everything that comes out as it does.

9. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

*blinks* Hardcover acolytes like you my good Sinrebirth is the reason the Crag Nebula blew up in disgust. [face_mischief]

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    o_O

In disgust? Well, I have switched faiths, so you can be pleased to have another Paperback-class adherent close by...

Though I'm still buying the Force Unleashed in hardcover. I promised I'd retcon the spoiler continuity issues after I read it, and you know what Ulicus is like with his Vader. :p

And, incidentally, that nebula blew up centuries before writing was invented. Unless the nebula is a fan of retroactive disgust, similarly to Pratchett's backwards hangover?

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Hav provided a decent retcon actually, but I'm interested to see what you come up with too. :p

I'm very much looking forward to this book's fluff. Not so much the stats, mind you. Especially if everyone goes around treating them like canon.

If the stats represent canon, then Tycho speaks high galactic and Jango Fett doesn't speak mando'a. 8-}

12. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I lost that saving throw, there, Sinrebirth. :p

This looks interesting enough to order. Any sites offering an online preview of the actual campaign book?

13. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Maybe you should trot off to your friendly library and suggets they purchase it Ex :D

BTW, I just so Clone Wars so I'm in a good mood, don't spoil it for me.

14. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

My suavest apologies, then. :cool: Are Tassie winter nights as arctic as Syd ones? Wanted to see Batman this week but the cold iceberged me.

224 pages...that's pretty big. Is it like the Guide to Alien Species, where the first quarter was good info and pics, the the bulk was RPGspeak?

15. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    It's actually not that cold tonight, I did wear my warm hat and gloves though.

Going to bed now, just came on here to post my review of CW.

And RPG speak is good, if you are in the company of people who don't speak it ;)

16. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, that may not be a complete list. Note that the Praetorian-class frigate is not on this list.

--Adm. Nick

17. DaggerSword

DaggerSword Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2008
    The guy had a very roundabout way of describing things. He was too afraid of getting booted if he gave away too much of the book online. I'm still not 100% sure the Ravager = a Centurion-class battlecruiser from the way he was talking,8-} but it can hardly be much else, given it's in the Sith ship part of the book.

18. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Or perhaps a name for the Exile? There doesn't seem to be any statistics for her.

19. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    If Starships of the Galaxy and Threats of the Galaxy are any indication, this book (sadly) won't be big on fluff. I long for the days of West End Games where sourcebooks did much to extend the Star Wars canon and expand the Star Wars universe.

The only saving grace is that Abel has a hand in this.

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, the preview had a decent amount of non-RPG info (insofar as ships were concerned, anyway), so I'm hopeful. [face_praying]

And how is John Jackson Miller being one of the authors not a saving grace as well? He is *the* authority on the KotOR era at present.

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005

No idea... :confused:
    But I don't think it's Krynda. If she is a Lady, it's supposed to be Lady Draay.

Love all the ships info. :D

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Tycho or Typho?

23. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Urm... I've forgotten.

The clone, isn't it? Typho.

24. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Good god, do they make your hardcovers out of gold or something? In the US most are about the equivalent of $20 AU, at a decent sale price.

25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It will be interesting to compare the old Tales of the Jedi Companion to the KOTOR guide when it comes out... (still sad that WEG rushed the thing out before the comic had really gotten anywhere yet!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.