main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side KotOR Jedi Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by debbie_l_g, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debbie_l_g

debbie_l_g Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2003
    Sorry if this is a repeat but I did look and search and didn't find a topic on this particular item.

I've fallen in love with the KotOR jedi costumes. Specifically, the "Blue Jedi Knight Robe" my female character is now wearing.

I have found one capture of it but it's not a good capture and my computer is having issues so it won't capture it from the game I'm playing. If you go to http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/index.html and then pull up the "gallery" and click on the PC Screens selection, you can see it in capture #5, the one on the left holding the double lightsaber. It's not that great a capture of the costume. If you go to the X-Box Screens, #29 has a pretty descent front shot of the male brown jedi robes. They are similar but the tunic/jacket are cut differently in the front. Or so I think.

I would like to make this costume for Star Wars Celebration III. But I need help. I really can't sketch well enough to capture the costume and get the details right. Although my husband thinks I should make the pink/maroon Bastilla costume.

Does anyone know of any site that might have KotOR costume reference photos or anyone else trying to make this or one of the other similar costumes from the game?

The sleeves are a different color (and I think a different material) than the body of the tunic/robe and it's very fitted. Not too much in common with the Prequel/OT movies that I can see outside of the boots and pants.

Any tips, advice, links, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

:)

sg edit -- just unlocking!

2. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    The shirts worn in Matrix Reloaded reminded me of KOTOR's robes. But they weren't exactly the same. They need a cuff around the neck and chest (y'know, where the tunic folds over). I've considered making one, myself. But I'm no seamstriss and can't shell out the money for one to do it for me. Maybe later... Please post pics when you've gotten a good start!

3. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Ooh, I was waiting for this thread!! :) I want to see if anyone's tried a Bastila Shan outfit :) That's a pretty sweet one.

4. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I haven't tried a Bastila Shan yet, but she's on my list for later this year. ;)

5. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, it would be nice to have more reference pics. I'm trying to make a Darth Revan costume... although, it doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult... just costly. :p

I know a couple people who have the PC version of the game. I'll try to see if they can get you (and me!) some decent screen-captures.

»Who dares wins«

6. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Those are nice screen shots.

7. debbie_l_g

Aug 26, 2003
    The dark jedi robes are good too. I haven't seen the Darth Revan robes as I foolishly forgot to go get those before meeting Darth Malack. But I saw a screen capture from another topic and they do look nice, but way too hot to go to Celebration III in. At least for me that is.

But if your friends could get some captures, that'd be great!

I turned on all the special graphics so I could get a really detailed look at the costume last night and I'm thinking that the sleeves aren't necessarily with the outer tunic/robe. It looks like it may be part of a undertunic or a body suit complete with gloves and arm bands. The outer tunic may have a short sleeve. Or it could just be the sleeve is sewn together. Or it could just be shadows...

I'm going to study it more tonight and try to get rid of some of the shadow lines so I can see a better image.

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm definitely thinking about adding Bastila to my list too :) I've got a good reference picture for it, and it really doesn't look all that complicated.

9. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I've got some good reference shots too and I spent a lot of time looking at the cardboard sign advertising the game.

The most time consuming part is going to be working with the leather, but it should be fun. :)

10. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm considering doing a Bastila for Celebration 3. That'll all depend on whether I'm pregnant or not (if so, it'll be preggers Padme for me!). Since it will be 4 days this time, I'm doing a Leia, Padme, Handmaiden, and I needed a 4th, so I think Bastila's it. She's a great character and the costume looks like it will be a lot of fun to make. From what I can tell from the game, it looks like she's wearing a tan unitard with some sort of leather armor/covering.

11. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I like the Dark Blue robes but not sure I like the epaulets on the shoulders.

Otherwise it just seems like a standard Blue Tunic similar to the Ep1/2 tunics that is longer in back than in the front.

It would be nice to make. I like the Dark Jedi Version too but I don't want to be called a sith. But that's the one I have my character wearing in the game rate now even though I am going light side.

12. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Hi, all you KOTOR fans. If you look at x-box on page 48, 51, 55, 56, 57, 58. To help all those try make a costumes.

13. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    I found some great high res wallpapers of a bunch of the characters today here

14. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Cool. Thanks for that link!

Click on Gallery on that site and check the screen shots. There are tons of highres screen shots of the game there.

15. Jedi_Master_Carth

Jedi_Master_Carth Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2003
    are there any reference pics for revan? I too would love to dawn his threads at the episode 3 premire.

bigbubbabear2004@yahoo.com

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I've got a big promotion poster for KOTOR in my office. VERY detailed on the Bastila costume.

17. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I have that same poster. A friend who worked at Funco Land/gamestop scored it for me.

But I wish they put the other Characters on it too. :)

18. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    whoops. double post. That hasn't happend in some time. [face_blush]

19. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm hopefully going to start a Bastila costume soon. She's one of my favorite characters in the SW universe, so it should be fun. :D

And hopefully my pals who say they might do Mission, Zaalbar and Carth will pull through too. A KotOR group would be lots of fun.

I'll probably wear it to Dragon*Con and then CIII. :)

20. Sleezy

Sleezy Jedi Master star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    I'd like to see someone pull off HK-47. He was awesome.

Oh, and if I was bigger, I'd do a Canderous costume. Which reminds me: somebody should attempt the KOTOR (and Dark Lords of the Sith) Mandalorian style, with the helmets that are more reminiscent of the Royal Guard helms. Those are great.

*I'd do it myself, but I'm knee deep in a Boba Fett costume as it is.

21. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    If I was thin enough, I'd do a Malak costume. Now that would be cool. Hmph... I wonder if I could do a Sith trooper...

22. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    ive got a Malak costume in the works at the moment. Nothing solid done yet... still working on a way to do the face appliance.

23. debbie_l_g

Aug 26, 2003
    Well, the new PC patch for the game is supposed to fix a portion of the program that allows for screen captures.

Hopefully, that will solve the conflict my computer is having. It may not (either my motherboard and hard drive are having issues or my windows program needs to be fixed).

But for those who have the PC version and are having problems capturing the costumes for reference photos, the patch may help you.

You should be able to click on "Update" on the first page of the game.

24. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Wow I was looking at teh still shots..that is awesome..what are those droids in white called?

~Rory

25. RoseTruette

RoseTruette Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2004
    Hey :) I just finished the PC version of KotOR and I love the costumes too :) I heard it mentioned that there is a "Star Wars Celebration III". As I am new to the world of star wars...(well, new to the fan scene...not new to star wars) I don't exactly know what this is. Is it like a convention? Does anyone go to them, in costume? Where and when is Celebration III being held?

I know it's a little off topic in this forum, but it will lead on a decision for a costume. it would be awesome to attend this Celebration from what I've heard :) If anyone wants to answer...could you send an email to me?

Fireresq7- I think the "droids" in white are actually the sith that you encounter on Taris :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.