main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side KotOR Jedi Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by debbie_l_g, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkYWaLkAdAjEDi

SkYWaLkAdAjEDi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2005
    Somebody should get working on a Darth Sion costume.

2. Phayze

Phayze Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 2004
    go for it. Be sure to post pics when it's done. :p

3. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Sooo... I have stuff. I've got maybe 45% of my Visas done, and I really need to find a working sewing machine (mine keeps jamming up, and I'm not good enough with it to try to fix it).

Here lies the progress photo-like page.

I discovered I can work on the beading during philosophy. I can sew and be all philosophical at the same time, apparently. :D

Here's hoping it's done by Halloween.

4. Corbin__Das

Corbin__Das Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2005
    Greetings.
    I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd put it up. Here's a collage of Darth Revan I put together from several pics I got off the internet. The picture of the lady wearing the neck armor isn't supposed to be Reven, I just liked the armor and added it there.

[image=http://server2.uploadit.org/files/corbinspics4-dr.jpg]
    Corbin Das

Corbin_Das@Hotmail.com

www.youcanknow.org/corbin/

5. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    I know it isn't a Jedi costume, but it does deal with the KOTOR Era. I am currently in pre-production of a KOTOR Mandalorian costume, but before I start, I wanted to get some information on the helmet. Specifically, how to make it. I'm a college student, and my budget is rather low. Does anyone have any tips/tutorials/sites on how to build the KOTOR Mandalorian helmet without vaccum-forming?
    I already have an idea about the t-visor faceplate; I plan to use a "Jason" mask, modifying it as needed. I also plan to build the helmet in a way as to allow the t-visor faceplate to slide to the top (or even back) of my head, revealing my face (it does get hot in a helmet, after all). Any advice on this would be much appreciated. :)

Also, I know Sintra is used for the Fett-style armor; would it be just as acceptable for the KOTOR-era armor?

6. LeirayaMoran

LeirayaMoran Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2005
    Sw00tiness! I finally (mostly) finished my Visas Marr costume! I still need to do the beading around the bottom of the headpiece, but I ran out of beads. Ah well, for another time. :p

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/JediDWH/Visas%20Costume%20Pictures/smaller-visas.jpg]

Ignore the messy dorm-ness in the background. [face_blush]

7. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Lookin awesome! :D Can you see through the veil, and if so, what sort of material did you use?

8. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Thats a great visas cstume! I always thought she dressed really well for a blind character :p

I'm thinking of doing an atton costume for a con next year. [face_worried]

9. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Bumping due to recent inquiry! :D

Also, I just noticed- the Visas up there is me, Leiraya is my sock. Oops on that one...

10. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    After playing KOTOR2, I decided that I either wanted to make a Mira or a Visas costume. My guy friends said I should do Mira, but I think I've decided on Visas. :p

What sort of fabric would you suggest for the Visas costume?

11. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey, wow, GREAT visas costume!! I don't know anything about knights of the old republic except that a friend of mine loves it, but wow, what a costume!!!!

12. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked for recent query :)

13. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
  14. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked for recent query. :)

15. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002

Your Visas Marr looks great.
    No worries of the dorm room. When your out battling badguys, you've no time to keep the quarters clean. :)
    Did you bead on top of a tule(mispelled) fabric(a netting type fabric, there's some that is super soft not stiff like in wedding dresses.) so you can see out of it?

16. Moy

Moy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    Very nice Visas :) I like your use of untraditional materials to complete this costume. Its very unique!

I completed a Visas Marr a few months ago (photos below), and I still have quite a lot to do for it. I just wanted to get it done for Dragon Con '08! (I probably should have decided to not use this costume for that con, due to some visual errors of the costume, but it turned out all right for the most part! I'm still working on the veil, because it is too "poofy" and some other small affects on the costume. Let me know what you think and if there is anything else I can do to get it to perfection before my next outting! :) Cheers!)

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/stungunmoy/Screenshot_1.png] [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/stungunmoy/l_a41d4b8418f3950e5b8c4390053de5-1.jpg][image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/stungunmoy/DragonCon2008136.jpg] [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/stungunmoy/DragonCon2008131.jpg]

17. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I'm glad someone bumped this thread back up, because it MUST NOW be asked:

Did anyone EVER make the actual "standard" Jedi robes of the KOTOR era? :confused:

You know the ones, the ones with the nifty tails on the back of the tunic! :cool:

I've been wanting to put together a KOTOR era Jedi costume for ages, but until someone figures out a pattern for that tunic, I'm in limbo. [face_worried]

18. East_Coast_Ryder

East_Coast_Ryder Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2005
    Every time I see the dark jedi outfits- the ones with the grey looking unitard and the purple hood, with the black mouth covering, it reminds me of the senate handmaiden dress. No clue why.

Of course, now I want to make it. [image=http://www.whattheyplay.com/media/images/product/xbox/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-3151/screenshot/tatc3-screenshot.jpg]

The hood appears to be a purple fabric; I personally think that the veil-esque mouth covering has an appearance of velvet. There are, of course, shoulder pads. [face_plain] Not a fan.

19. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I have wanted to do that one, but it's on a long list of costumes.

To me it looks like it is black and gray.

20. East_Coast_Ryder

Aug 22, 2005
    When you have dialogue with them, the hoods look very purple. I don't have a pic of it, though.

I am pretty sure that other than the main hood, the rest is actually black.

EDIT: If you look at the pic I posted really closely, you can see the purple as compared to the black.

21. Verdaera

Verdaera Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    I have a kind of stupid question...

I lost touch with the Star Wars world when I was in college (gorram homework) and now I keep hearing "KotOR" all over the place and I have no clue what that is! Can someone 'splain please? *bashful grin*

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, no prob, hun. KOTOR is Knights of the Old Republic, a role playing video game. ;)

23. Verdaera

Verdaera Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    So are these prequel era knights, or earlier? And I suppose their costumes aren't "generic jedi"?

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Way earlier. Old Republic, as in (I believe) 1000 years before the PT or more?

25. East_Coast_Ryder

Aug 22, 2005
    4000, actually :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.