main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Well turns out the game keeps crashing. I'll need to tinker with it to get KOTOR to play on Windows 10, but I'm kinda intimidated by it.

2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
  3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    It's been years since I've last played KotOR and have decided to revist the game. I got it for Android since I don't have the time to experiment with the Windows 10 settings in the hopes to get it working. @E. L.Knight, if you can't be bothered to mess with your PC, maybe try the Android version.

4. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That absent realisation that I don't have a console which can play KotoR anymore...

It is overdue a remake, I'd say, FF7 style.

Kato Sai, spicer and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  6. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    TRUST ME I know that feeling all too well and I hope they remake this amazing game.

spicer and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I'm in the midst of replaying KotOR on my smart phone, and I agree with Sinrebirth and Jedi Knight88 that KotOR (and KotOR II: The Sith Lords!) is in need of a remake. The dialogues, story and characters are top notch and there's no need to change anything about them. But the game would benefit from a graphics and gameplay update. I can see many current gamers that have never played KotOR before be turned off due to how dated the graphics and gameplay are. The original KotOR and KotOR II are classics - if any Star Wars games truly deserve a cosmetic polish (for lack of a better term), it's those two.

8. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm not sure if you guys played Final Fantasy VII Remake, but, without spoilering, I was extremely happy with the expansions they did to the original story, and of course in much higher quality.

10. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    i am glad too i enjoy ff7 renake

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I have not played the remake yet... but I plan on playing it after I beat Ghost of Tsushima

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    E. L.Knight and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  13. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  14. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    What is the easiest way to play KOTOR II on mobile?

15. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
  16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That was epic!

Devizz likes this.
  17. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014
    Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Kato Sai likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Was some of the dialogue improvised? Did a voice actor mimic Darth Malak’s voice for some of those lines?

19. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014
    Nope, all the voice lines were taken directly from Kotor 1, 2 and SW:TOR. If you check some of my fanfics on the channel, I am not that good at voice acting. XD

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Jedi Knight88 and Kato Sai like this.
  20. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Love The Video!

Devizz likes this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Apple/Android version is great. However, save often in case it suddenly crashes.

22. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014
    Do you guys think Revan will make it into canon again, being reused by future creatives? Mandalorian Wars stuff perhaps, be it a video game, an animated show or something else entirely? If they use him, will they change him which is very dangerous but obviously has a lot of potential.

Would greatly appreciate it if you considered checking out other content my channel, made multiple such edits, among other things.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Revan almost was canonized in TROS with one of the Sith battalions being called Revan. Sadly it didn’t make it into the film.

Our hope is pinned to the High Republic/Old Republic Trilogy that Disney is making.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah that is about the size of us getting any old republic stuff made cannon.

Kato Sai likes this.
  25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I am crossing my fingers. I am hoping Revan and Malak are the focus of the Trilogy.

It would be neat if the first film is Mando Wars with Revan and Alek (Malak) leading a fringe group of Jedi Knights who fight the Mandalorians with The Republic. This would be fitting since The Mandalorian is so popular, and you’d get to see them (Mandos) in huge numbers and waging war across the galaxy.

Second Film, Revan and Alek (Malak) go to Outer Reaches and find the Shadow Emperor, are turned to the Dark Side. They return with the armies of the Starforge.

Third Film will be Kotor I, Revan becomes Jedi Prodigal after Bastila Shan saves his life and he is trained to become Savior of the Galaxy, ending with the duel between Revan and Malak.