main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY KSWCC

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK8049, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Well I decided Saturday morning that I was gonna drive up to Louisville and check out the Kentucky Star Wars Collectors Club Annual Festival. I arrived a little late but I would say there was around 70-80 people there and ALOT of Star Wars merchandise!! Jedimika came up and said hi and I had no idea who he was cause I'm pretty sure I've never seen him in civilian clothes. They had goody bags for members of their club that included a dvd of STAR WARS:Revisited. I've got an email address so I might be able to get a copy if anyone wants to watch it. They had the guy who did the photography for the Kenner toys back in the day. His son was there also who is a fairly decent artist and Star Wars artist John Lara was also there. They raffled off tons of SW stuff and near the end had a raffle for an EFX Ep.II Clone Helmet. I lost but I would like for everyone who still collects something STAR WARS to take a look at them because I do think its a wonderful organization. I did score a C3 exclusive Code 3 Empire teaser wall plaque for $25 and a gentle giant shock trooper bust for $20.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Glad you made the drive. It was great to see you! I checked it out for the first time as well and it was a really well run event. I went ahead and joined at the door (membership not required for entry but for the raffle) for $10 and it would have been worth it for the goodie bag alone but they had run out by then; I still got a Celebration Japan Matt Busch Sketch Card in the raffle so I was happy. I also picked up some nice Star Wars art and met some nice people. I'm jealous of the size of their group though, I want to poach some members for us!

And thanks for the pillow spinning demo!

http://www.kswcc.com/_web/main.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.