main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kylo Ren/Adam Driver Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jan 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    Oh, here we go. Poor Kylo, people expected things of him. He did have privilege, he’s the son of a war hero and a Princess-Senator-war hero and that’s why his whole “I want power” makes no sense - he has it.

Frankly, I detest the character and I’m happy to say it over and over.

They cast Driver as the bad guy and the good guy at once, a play on Anakin but in reverse and when it didn’t work for those of us who don’t find Kylo anything but slime, they screamed as loud as Kylo about how we needed to let go of our heroes. The amount of pixels I’ve seen, from fans and “critics,” about poor Kylo and his awful parents and teacher, and how we shouldn’t meet our heroes and Luke wasn’t all that, that Han and Leia were always going to break up, that the New Republic had no chance, and on and on - this toxic stew of gaslighting that I am so happy to see has FINALLY blown up in their faces.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  2. wreath

wreath Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 21, 2021
    You're only saying that because you lack the context which to understand kylo tho not that he lacked anything he's motive was that he wanted to be he's own important person/character use better points here. It actually doses because kylo obviously knows that he connected toa girl especially in tfa than we know what it is in both tlj and tros

3. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    But by saying poor kylo you're just missing the point lol Kylo as a force user before the dark too him seemed to be really doing great but the darkside had been tempting him for a while but never really gave only just nods and be annoyed nothing more. By saying he wants power you throw out any context and it just seems more like a narrative than an actually good point

4. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    The movies give no context.

PendragonM likes this.
  5. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    Okay then where lol because it seems again that you completely are ignoring information that works for your point.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If we lack the context to understand Kylo, it is because the movie did not give any.

So what if he wanted to be “his own important person”? He had plenty of examples of how to do that without mass murder.

The point is that we are supposed to sympathize with Kylo and anyone who doesn’t is stupid I guess. We read the point loud and clear. So what if the Dark Side had been tempting him for awhile? The Dark Side tempts every Force user at some point.

What information are we ignoring? Try something other than “he wanted to be his own person” because that does not invoke sympathy.

7. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    Then give those examples of no context lol thats what i asked. And this really doesn't say no its just a tangent too me, again ignore context/information. And? this again is isn't really a good point im sorry lol

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What context and information are we ignoring?

wobbits and PendragonM like this.
  9. dagenspear

Sep 9, 2015
    You read my posts. What I was talking about was all there.

10. dagenspear

Sep 9, 2015
    No. I'm pointing to what's literally in the movies and it's not developed to be that that drives him to villainy.

11. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    Then what quotes than if you're only going to just say the movies themselves than well that's not good enough for me. Here's examples from the movie that works for my points. For one he's interactions with snoke its very much he feels like he's under the show of snoke. Another point is how he feels about luke he thinks he doesn't care or that luke is in the way of him of being who he's and also how he views his father.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  12. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    I asked ofr examples of where the movies had no context lol but i guess you can't

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Your attempts to march into this thread of over 500 pages and yell ‘Your view on Kylo is missing context—change my mind!’ is not how we discuss the topic here. If you want to claim we are missing context, it is on you to provide the context we are missing.

‘I demand that the regular participants in this thread prove a negative to my satisfaction!’ is also not how we discuss the topic here.

If you want to make a claim that we are missing context, it is on you to provide the context that we are missing.

If you cannot do that, then we are not missing context. Any efforts at “No, you!” are just demonstrations that you are more interested in disrupting the thread than participating in it.

14. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    i wasn't demanding anything all i asked for was an example

15. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    i posted this you so clearly ignored and where is this so called no context in the movie that simply is not there

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The word “triggered” is from alt-right websites that we do not allow here.

If you cannot have a discussion about the topic and instead want to disrupt threads and get personal with other users, your next posts will be in the Unban Request Forum.

17. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    Im not i simply asked an example about what part of the movie doesn't have any context thats all i asked.

18. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    I never demand anything i asked for examples

19. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    what the hell did you just add or change this because clearly i did not say that

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Why did he join Snoke? Why did he dislike Han (and why should we care)? Why did he want power?

Moderators edit posts that are in violation of the site’s rules. We do not need your permission. If you have a problem with that, maybe this is not the best place for you to post.

Also stop triple-posting and edit your previous posts. You were warned about this shortly after you joined.

This is the last time I will need to respond to you in boldface.

21. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    sorry then maybe i should okay because i wasn't even demanding anything. Please don't manipulate anything of what i said i only asked for examples as to what points of the movies had no context. He wasn't about power lol he just wanted to be a person again all these go back to him wanting to be his own person which is one of the central themes of the trilogy which i already eluded too.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If you feel this last post clarified your views and this all can be moved beyond with the discussion getting back on track, grand. If not, let me know so the thread can continue on in discussing the topic.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. wreath

Aug 21, 2021
    yes

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    For future reference, saying "lol" all of the time is a really bad way to carry on a discussion. No one has patience for someone who sounds openly contemptuous.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    To be fair, maybe they're just a giggly person who actively laughs out loud while typing on their mobile about examples not having context.