main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Kyp Durron: Endangering Fangirl Marriages Since 1994

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MRukundo, Apr 5, 2001.

1. JediAvatar

JediAvatar Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2020
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    I appreciate it, but first I need to get back into writing. I haven’t done any in months and I wanna make sure I can at least do a decent job.
    Plus I’m starting university at the end of September and won’t have a lot of time. But I’ll definitely get to writing some fan fiction at some point because I think it would be fun and good writing experience. Since I’m going through Bantam (on Shadows of the Empire) I’ll need to read JAT before I start writing about Kyp. Just to get the character right.
    So it’ll probably be some time next year. But I do have some ideas in mind as to what I could do with Kyp. But like I said, first I’d like to improve on my writing before I start writing stuff for others to see.

@Adalia-Durron
    Since they now have Star Wars Visions (alternate universe) why not do live action shorts for old eu stuff. I would love it if they did a live action adaptation of Jedi Academy Leviathan. Though having a giant monster might cost a lot. Then again they made a Krayt Dragon in the Mandolorian so it’s not impossible.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. JediAvatar

Jun 11, 2020
    Who do you guys think would be a good match for Kyp?
    One of the things about Del Rey’s post ROTJ stories that annoys me (one of many lol) is that throughout the NJO/DN/LOTF/FOTJ, Kyp never gets a girlfriend. Which kinda makes me sad because he’s basically all lonely, and pretty much every other Jedi master has a husband/wife, so why can’t Kyp?

I guess you could say he had a girlfriend before or after NJO, but she’s never mentioned.

So let’s say, hypothetically, the post YJK books didn’t happen, who would you pair up with Kyp and why? Or do you think he should get with a brand new character?
    At the moment I’m still in favour of Kyp and Alex Winger from a fanfic I read, but I can be convinced otherwise.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Making the comics small short films would be amazing. I would love that one, I would be thrilled. I have grown 'old' with Kyp as such, I found him 30 years ago, and I wasn't an old woman then! I figured he got old with me :p I have written him with my character Adalia for so many years now I have lost count. Ask @Sinrebirth - He's kinda grown up thinking the Adalia is the only one for him. ;) :p

Hypothetically I match him up with ME! :p Hence my user name! I actually use this name a lot in my real world to the point my archery shirt has my real name and this name on it. People often call me Adalia. My child does these days when they want my attention!

Sinrebirth and JediAvatar like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    He *is* the only one for her. No thinking about it.

JediAvatar and Adalia-Durron like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    ^
    Told you! :p [face_love]

JediAvatar likes this.
  6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, god. The 'shipping wars. *Puts on surplus helmet and ducks and covers* :p :storm:[face_rofl]

Well, been a while since I've used some of these emojis. :D

JediAvatar and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    RK!

It's very good to see you!

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Good to see you, too. :) This thread is the Way.

oh, now there's a thought. Mando and Kyp meet up.

Sinrebirth and JediAvatar like this.
  9. JediAvatar

Jun 11, 2020
    That’s so wholesome, I think you have me convinced :)

That would interesting.
    I imagine they would get along well considering they both dislike the Empire, and given the ending of season 2, I think Mando would take a bit of a liking to Jedi. Imagine if Grogu was part of the first class of 12 that fought against Exar Kun.
    I could see Kyp being tasked with babysitting Grogu by Luke at some point.

Oh btw RK, since you were a writer on that NJO AU that had Kyp and Alex get together, what are you thoughts on Kyp/Alex vs Kyp/Adalia? No pressure ;)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  10. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Fights are boring. :p I'm the guy who wants a violence-banned card game between Jim Kirk, William Riker, Lando Calrissian, and Han Solo run by Brady Hawkes as played by Kenny Rogers from the Gambler TV-movies. ;)

"Nice fighting."

"You, too..."

"Just call me Mando. So, are you a Jedi?"

"Are you kriffing me?!"

"I've had a somewhat... sheltered life. Wanna care for Grogu?"

"I can't take him back with me. If I do Tionne will never let me hear the end of it."

I... I don't remember what it is you're talking about, honestly.

JediAvatar and Adalia-Durron like this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Never bothered to compare, honestly. Its personal choice just like when you choose a partner in RL, you don't expect fandom to form ;) :p

12. JediAvatar

Jun 11, 2020
    Oh yeah the AU is from years ago, my bad. Here’s a link: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/planning-thread-for-new-njo-au.25846086/

Oh yeah about Mando, I thought you were talking about a random Mandalorian not the one from the show lol, but then I realised and edited my reply.

True, unless your name is Jaina Solo

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Fair enough. I should've specified that one. :) And yeah, methinks the two would become pretty good bash brothers quickly. :D

JediAvatar likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

I have NEVER Shipped that one......EVER.........even for a second. She's a child, he needs a woman!

adalmentia and JediAvatar like this.
  15. JediAvatar

Jun 11, 2020
    I probably should’ve elaborated, I wasn’t saying I think Jaina and Kyp are a good match, I don’t.

What I meant is that Jaina is probably the most hotly debated in the shipping wars, at least compared to most other eu characters. With Jacen, I’d say most people ship him with Tenel Ka (at least I hope lol) and with Anakin, almost all of his fans ship him with Tahiri.
    Anakin and Tahiri is my OTP btw.
    Whereas the Jaina/Jag and Jaina/Zekk fans seem kinda even. Then there’s a few Jaina/Kyp fans

But I definitely agree Adalia, that Jaina and Kyp is a big no for me as well.

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Where's the 'LOVE' key here!?!?!? ;)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean I was rooting for Kyp and Jaina but I didn't like Jagged then.

Nowadays I like how it's settled.

18. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I was always in the Jaina/Zekk camp myself, and I still am...

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Zekk and Taryn was crushed by the reboot, and the cancelled Elaine Cunningham book sadly.

20. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    At least there is fan fiction!

21. Princess_Cambria

Princess_Cambria Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2021
    It's been a while since I was last here... Do you still hand out drool buckets or should I bring my own from now on? :D

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Welcome back. Either or on the drool buckets. ;)

Princess_Cambria likes this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Still?!? You've not learned to control that one yet?! Welcome back [face_love]

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

24. Princess_Cambria

Princess_Cambria Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2021
    Hey, what can I say? The man is still drool-worthy after all these years.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    We get older, but for some reason, he doesn't! Who knows how that works. :eek: