main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Kyrie Eleison (a young Jag Fel short story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Good post.

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    luney: You mean Jag isn't just generally cute? ;)

Am: Had you in mind when I created him, sis. ;)

Qwi: Yeah... That's all I can say to that.

Miss_Jaina: None taken. That was sarcasm run amuck.

RebelMom: Thanks!

Freyja: You expect me to give away that?! I'm shocked! ...But seriously, we'll be meeting her in the post after this one.

Jaded: I'm not neglecting it; I'm a little stuck there. But don't worry, I'll try to get something up there by Tuesday at the latest. The problem is that I've been in a weird mood for Jag torture, and ItU doesn't give me that outlet. Hmm, does Jon have anything to do with the end of the story? No, but he'll be making an appearance shortly in ItU. ;)

wompster: My, how loquatious we are today. ;)

Casting note!
    Danyelle Radyna: [link=http://216.40.247.47/kateh/kate27.jpg]Kate Hudson[/link]

-------

Dinner at the Fel house that evening was interesting, to say the least. Only a few minutes has passed before the conversation spiraled into a discussion of the one member of the family missing from the table. Jag tried several times to change the subject, but by the time the main course was cleared from the table, he'd given up. As dessert arrived, his father moved the conversation to the next logical topic, Jon.

"Perhaps I just need to talk with the boy more, but Jon doesn't seem at all like the type Kyria would even consider," the general began. "He's so quiet. I would have thought that she'd prefer someone slightly more... spectacular."

"Someone more like yourself and your sons?" Jag's mother interjected.

"Now that's hardly fair, Syal. Where would she find someone like us?" he joked, patting Jaremye's head.

"Daddy, no! Mess up hair!" the two-year-old practically yelled, covering his head with both hands and letting a messy fork fall to the floor.

Jag ducked under the table to pick up the fork and to cover his desire to laugh. Meanwhile, his mother said, "Honestly, Soontir, that child is on his way to having a bigger ego than you. I hope Danae decides to take an image from Kyria's holodisk."

Danae was too busy picking at her food to respond to the mention of her, so her father answered, "Yes, Kyria certainly is selfless, more so than anyone here." He paused as Jag wiped Jaremye's fork clean and handed it back. "Jag, you know this Drahos character. Is there anything I should know about him?"

Jag knew Kyria would be mortified if she heard her father call Jon that. "Well, sir, he was in my class in school. When I went to the academy, he went on with academic studies. He's now an engineer for the fleet, though he decided to stay a civilian."

As Jag lifted his glass of water to take a drink, his father pressed, "That's all well and good, but what is he like when he's not around his date's father?"

Jag sighed. "He's quiet, intelligent, funny, and sensitive. In other words, he's a perfect match for Kyria's temperament. He's just a nice guy, and he would never intentionally hurt Kyria for any reason."

His father thought for a moment. "If Drahos turns out to be what you describe, I'll allow this to contnue. It sounds like one of my children has sense when it comes to the opposite sex."

Jag's fork dropped to his plate with a clang, and silence rang in its wake. "I thought we had decided not to discuss Danyelle again, Father."

"We did. That was a statement of fact, not an opening for discussion."

"That's funny. It certainly sounded like an opening for discussion," Jag shot back.

"Son, I've told you this a thousand times already. That girl isn't worth your energy," the older man replied. "You deserve more than a flake like her."

"Why isn't she good enough for me? If she isn't, who is?"

"If you want my honest opinion, I'd say that only the first woman to command Rogue Squadron would be worth your time."

Disgusted, but unwilling to fight this battle again, Jag held back a retort. Rising from his seat at the table, he said, "Excuse me, Mo

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Bravo! Let me the be the first one on this thread to say, I loved that sentence about the only woman worthy of Jag is the first woman to command Rogue Squadron, aka Jaina. Yay, such lovely caring family banter at the dinner table.

Am [face_love]

4. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    I second Am, that was a great little line, very nice!

And nothing like dinner at the Fel's...

5. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Good Post!!

So I'm wondering, are you going to bring Jaina into this story line, or is this going to be strictly a Jag and Kyria story? Because as you've pointed out, this is an angst story.

6. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Very nice.

I love that Jag isn't obedient. I never saw him as that type of person.

~Miss Jaina

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    What! Jag's not perfect. ;)

Family dinners are so informative.

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Danyelle sounds like a blonde bimbo!!! I don't like her already. :p

9. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Hehehe...lovely dinner conversation. You should see some of my family's conversations... [face_laugh] They're always VERY informative. Great post, Mely.

10. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Good post. Sorry I don't have anymore comment, but I've had a bad day, which you'll probably hear about if you get on MSN...

11. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Rebecca you didn't want Jags previous girl to actually be cool did you? ;)

I sure don't. [face_plain]

He'll see what a twit she is when he meets Jaina and compares!

Yeah...I'm evil. :p

12. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    THE ONLY GIRL TO COMMAND ROUGE SQUADRON!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yay! Knew you had to stick that in somehwere...and Becca, we havent even MET the girl...maybe shes really nice, just because she isnt Jaina... :D :p

What a convo...high-tension, to say the least!

13. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Jaina is the only one for Jag!!

14. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I definitely agree with Rebecca in this case. 8-} Jag was meant for Jaina. Even his father knows it! (I mean, he doesn't KNOW it yet, but he knows it. Or he will know it, just not for while, but then he'll know that he knew, and that will probably shock him 'cause then Jag will know, too.) *nods solemnly like she knows what she's talking about*

15. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Of course Jag was meant for Jaina, that's practically the reason he was created! To give Jaina a love interest.

Although it is fun doing AU's with Kyp and Jaina.

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Ah well, as long as Jag breaks up with Danyelle, we can forgive him. :)

17. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, while I wait for Sticks to get her little person online and beta the next post (and avoid ItU like the plague because I'm taking the day off from writing)...

Am: Thanks. Dinner with the Fel family is always fun. ;)

ArnaKyle: Wow, haven't seen you in a while... Or have I not been paying attention again? ;)

stevo: This story ends well before Jaina meets Jag.

Miss_Jaina: Heh, he's fun to write this way... I've certainly gotten a new perspective of Jag in this story, after writing so much about him as a kind, sweet, funny, loving, all-around impossibly perfect guy. It's nice to see that he might have flaws.

RebelMom: I know! Jag's not perfect! *faints*

Becca: That was the point, dear. ;)

Xuxy: Heh, family dinners are interesting... You should hear some of mine.

wompster: Aww... *hugs*

Freyja: That's not evil. Just wait till the next post. [face_devil]

Jaded: Yeah... Maybe she's a nice girl... And maybe Becca's right. We'll have to see. ;)

Becca: I concur wholeheartedly... Wait a minute, no I don't! Jag is mine! My Jag! MINE!!! :D

Qwi: I think I'm rubbing off on you... That made as much sense as I make about have the time. ;)

stevo: No, no, no, his reason for existence is to give me a character to torture... See Sticks' signature for my thoughts on that. :D

Becca: But will Jaina forgive him when she finds out? Because knowing my recent affinity for torturing that poor boy, she'll find out pretty soon. ;)

18. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    No no no no no...I AGREE That Jaina is the only one for jag...but we dont know yet if Danyelle is ok or not. Is a blond bimbo or not. BUT JAINA AND JAG all the way!

Jag needs some kissing experinece before he hooks up with jaina...
    :D :p

19. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Jaina should have been the one to teach Jag how to kiss.

Jag and Jaina are ment to be togetther and this girl is just a phase.

~Miss Jaina
    Can't believe that Jag had a girlfriend before Jaina

20. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    This is great, Mel. I caught up, as ordered. :)

21. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Same here, even though I wasn't ordered. :)

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Heh, Mcily was ordered because she keeps getting into chats with Am, luney, Qwi, and me. We'd start talking about this and ItU and she'd be confused. ;)

Anyway, thanks for reading, Eldritch and Mcily!

23. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    This is good! :) More soon?

24. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    More now... How's that, Jaeger?

-------

Jag took off in his groundspeeder, heading in the direction opposite of the way he'd travelled that afternoon. Not many people in this area lived farther away from the base than the Fels. One of the few families that did was the Radyna family.

Their place of dwelling couldn't adequately be described as a house; it really was a mansion. In this society on Nirauan, the Radynas had money, making the Fels, who were well-off, look poor. The retired admiral and his relatively young wife had only one child, eighteen-year-old Danyelle. As Jag drove
    alongside the house, he noticed that Danyelle was standing on the back porch, clearly waiting for something.

He smiled as he stopped the speeder and watched her. Even from behind she looked gorgeous, as usual. Her simple green dress, the color of her dark eyes and a sharp contrast to her tight blonde curls, accented her slender figure, but didn't come close to reaching her knees. Jag didn't particularly mind this, as she was also wearing sandals with a high, spike heel that tightened her calf muscles, making her legs more attractive than usual. He couldn't help but notice that one thin strap of her dress was dangerously and suggestively close to falling off her shoulder. He smiled and shook his head as he came up the steps to the porch.

Danyelle turned and smiled at him as if she had not heard the distinctive sound of his speeder as he drove up. "Jag!" she cries, throwing her arms around his neck. "I thought you might come to visit me tonight."

Jag found his nose buried in her hair, which carried an exotic scent and was slightly damp. Obviously she'd just washed it. He slid his big hands around her waist, replying, "I missed you, Danyelle."

"I missed you too," she whispered in his ear. Abruptly she pulled back so she was at arm's length, her hands on his shoulders and his on her hips. "Now why haven't you come to see me?" she demanded.

Jag sighed. "I've been busy. I've got three new members in the squadron, and I'm looking for a fourth. I've had a lot to do."

Her green eyes widened, and her bottom lip stuck out so that she was almost pouting. "And no time for me?"

"Unfortunately, no," he replied, taking a cautious step forward. She began to draw him into her embrace again, so he closed the distance. "But we can make up for that."

She smiled triumphantly. In response, Jag lowered his head and kissed her.

Danyelle wasted no time in reacting. She pressed her lips hard into his, putting her hand behind his head to keep him from lessening his efforts. He had really wanted this to be a gentle kiss, but as he felt her jaw drop, pulling his mouth open against hers, he decided to enjoy it.

When he finally pulled his lips away from hers, her eyes remained closed, so he began to lay light, almost taunting kisses along her jawline, down her long neck, and across her now bare shoulder. "Jag," she breathed, "you know my parents are gone."

He withdrew enough to get a good look at her. "I suspected as much. I saw the admiral today at the base, along with your mother."

"They'll be gone for two days," Danyelle continued. "Do you know what that means?"

"What?" Jag asked, knowing the answer and dreading it.

The kiss she returned was innocent enough, but as she spoke, her voice was low and seductive. "You could stay here tonight," she replied, letting one hand slide from his neck to his chest.

"I can't," he answered without hesitation.

"Why not?" she demanded, her voice once again girlish.

His exact reasons took him longer to formulate and Danyelle became more and more impatient as he collected his thoughts. Finally he let out an exasperated sigh. "You know my father doesn't approve of you. What do you think he'd say if I spent the night here?"

"Oh, everything in your life revolves around your father," she retorted angrily. "Stand up to him for once!"

"It's not as simple as that, Danyelle," he replied gently. "He's not just my father. He's also my superior, and h

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *un-clips lightsaber*

She's throughly disgusting and demanding, at that! Okay, now I hate her. You've done a perfect job, Mely. Exactly how I envisioned her... ;)

Am [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.