main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Kyrie Eleison (a young Jag Fel short story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    100!!!

You may now resume your usual posting schedule...

:D

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Very sad Mely. It's hard having someone close taken away from you. There's always that little voice in the back of your mind telling you that you didn't tell them enough.

3. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Hey, you promised no ubiquitous Jag-torture!

Maybe he needs to visit Danyelle for some "comfort." :D

*dang red hairs are everywhere...*

4. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    *sniff, sniff* :_|

That brought tears to my eyes, Mel!

Poor Jag! *sniff* Hey, not fair Luney! I was going to offer to comfort him... *sniff*

5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Melyyyyyyyy! *hugs* Congrats on post 100!!!

6. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Aww, that was sad. Though I'm too hyped up on Pepsi to get really emotional about it. ;) :D

Good postie.

7. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    :( *sniff*

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *sniff sniff* Mely... *whines* Kyrie...

Now that has to be the sentence of the day. Gods, you sure like killing people. A familiar hobby? Ooh, what can happen now?

Am [face_love]

9. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    She got the habit from me. ;)

10. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    A habit or a hobbit? :D

11. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    lol, womp rat.

Oh, I get the title, Mely! Kyrie, Kyria . . . *bounce*

12. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, here's the last post of the story...

*~*~*~*

"Kyria Fel, rest in peace."

Jag had shed his tears when he was told of Kyria's death. Since then his sorrow had turned into rage at those who had sent his sister to her death, at the one who had killed her. But he had been present when his parents told Jon of Kyria's fate, and Jag had been struck by how he reacted. The engineer had been shocked, so much that he had been brought to tears, but after he had calmed himself, he had said that he needed to move on, that Kyria would have wanted it that way. Slowly, Jag's anger faded and let him grieve.

Now, at the memorial service a week after Kyria's death, Jag did his best to remain strong, to help his mother, and to guide Danae and Jaremye, who did not understand that their sister would never come home again. But as the Chiss admiral conducting the service brought his remarks to a close, he was joined by Danyelle, the last person he wanted to see in that time.

The assembly in the cemetery, where a marker lay bearing Kyria's name, began to disperse, and Jag began to follow his family. But Danyelle pulled him in the other direction. "Jag, I want to talk with you."

He sighed and threw an apologetic glance at his father. "What is it, Danyelle?"

"Come with me," she replied, dragging him away.

When they reached a secluded place, Danyelle wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him hard. Jag didn't react, so she broke the kiss abruptly. "Jag, what's wrong?"

Jag merely stared at her in disbelief. When he didn?t answer, she continued, "You haven't come to see me in three weeks, Jag."

He let his eyes close slowly in incredulity. "Danyelle, I was unconscious for two weeks and then my sister died."

The look she speared him with told him that she didn't accept that excuse. "Well, at least we'll have more time to spend together now."

Jag resisted the urge to slap her. What did I ever see in you, Danyelle? My father was right.

I'm not ashamed to admit it, either.

Danyelle continued to stare at him, expecting an answer. Finally he spoke. "Good bye, Danyelle."

As he turned and walked away from her, she called after him insistently. He continued walking, ignoring her childish pleas.

*~*~*~*

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi,
    dona eis requiem sempitername.

*~*~*~*

"Sir, you wanted to see me?" Jag asked as he stepped into his father's office.

"Come in, son," he replied. Jag entered and stood before his father's desk. The older man smiled slightly. "Jag, this isn't a performance review. Have a seat."

Jag sat in one of the chairs in front of the desk. "What is it, Father?"

"I've noticed a change in your flying in the last six months, Jag," he began. "You've developed an edge that I didn't expect you to have for years."

Unsure of what to say, Jag simply replied, "Thank you, sir."

His father nodded. "Do you have any idea why this might be?"

Jag bowed his head, unwilling to speak the reason. Finally he met his father's uncompromising stare and huskily replied, "Kyria.'

"I thought so," the general commented after a moment's silence. "Death can do that. Either it brings destruction and despair, or it brings rebirth and hope. I think, in your case, you learned from Kyria's death and moved on."

Jag nodded, disinclined to speak again. "But I think there was another reason," his father continued. "You haven't seen Danyelle much in the last six months."

Looking back at his father, he replied, "No, sir, I haven't seen her at all."

His father raised his eyebrows. "Oh?"

Jag cleared his throat. "The day of the memorial service, I finally realized what you realized long ago." His gaze wandered off and rested on a holo on his father's desk, an image of himself, Davin, Kyria, Danae, and Jaremye. Tears began to form and the pressure in his throat threatened to choke out speech, but he fought past it. "I looked at her and saw that there was nothing to see."

"I see." His father rose and extended his hand. "Thank you f

13. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *sniff* That was great, Master Mely! *sends hugs*

"Good bye, Danyelle." YES!!!

14. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Aww, what a wonderful story! But it's over! :(

Oh well, we've only got 800 other mely fics to read..... ;)

15. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *sniff* I'm glad Jag left Danyelle, she's such a selfish *@#$! Grrr, anyway, beautiful ending Mely!

16. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    That chick was hideous. Good riddance! [face_devil]

Great work Mely! :)

17. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Very well done ending, Mely. Your handling of Kyria's memorial and Jag's break-up with Danyelle were nice, but my favorite part was actually the dynamic between him and his father. That may be because it's very much the way I imagine it myself. :)

~Marie

18. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Danyelle, you are the Weakest link. Goodbye!

Wonderful ending Mely and overall, marvellous fic. You work with mere shreds of material and develop into something worth reading, mixed with enjoyment. I completely love how you ended this fic...

Am [face_love]

19. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    up! *hugs Master Mely*

20. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    What!!?? It's over!!?? Nooooo!!! :)

Danyelle... what a selfish... (insert appropriate epithet here) No, I can't type any of the one's I'm thinking... they just aren't polite. :) Heh, heh, heh! *rubs hands in evil glee and waves to Danyelle* Buh-bye!! [face_devil]

I loved the story Mel. It was amazing. :)

I do have one question: Why, in the title, does Kyrie's last name appear to be "Eleison?" :confused:

21. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    JadeSaber - "Kyrie Eleison" is Latin for "Lord have mercy." I'm not sure if it is used in Prostestant worship services, but it is in Catholic Mass.

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, quick explanation: Yes, I realize that in the title, the word is spelled "Kyrie" and the character's name is "Kyria". There's a very simple reason. I derived Kyria from Kyrie. "Kyrie eleison" is a line from the requiem mass, and it's Greek for "Lord, have mercy."

That better?

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice ending. Wish I knew Latin to translate those few sentences. Can you translate for me? Thanks.

24. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    The Latin I used in this story is as follows:

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.
    Et lux perpetua luceat eis.

Eternal rest give unto them, O Lord
    And let perpetual light shine upon them.

Kyrie, eleison!

Lord, have mercy on us.

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi,
    dona eis requiem sempitername.

O Lamb of God, that takest away the sins of the world,
    Grant them eternal rest.

That better?

(Oh, Kirk, Ish informed me that the title is Greek, not Latin.)

25. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    That was great Mel. :) *sniff* Poor Fels. Bye, Danyelle! [face_devil] Couldn't stand the gal! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.