main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive labpizza art (UPDATE 29/09/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by labpizza, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I really like these last pieces, labpizza--the "concept" drawings are wonderful: good expressions, very good line work and plenty of "energy," as soits also mentioned. Great work! :D

FF

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Dang, labpizza! These are really great. I'm going to echo the comment regarding the Boba Fett in-progress pics. I'm also a big sucker for these type of things and love to see how things are coming along. The final drawing is really cute - if Boba Fett can even be categorized as cute. :p Anyway, nice details throughout and just the pose sets it off. I love it!

In your new additions, I'm gonna have to say that the Luke on Tatooine is my favorite. The likeness and expression on his face is great. I also think the color adds a little something special to your work. ;)

heh.. does anybody know where "may's art challenge" thing is?

Hopefully it's in the works. jacemathem is in charge of the challenges and he said that he's in the process of whipping one up. Hopefully we'll see it real soon. :)

3. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm not dead.. and i'll submit this.. erm... WIP... resized to 800x600 to prove it.. that i'm not dead. but busy. Exams are gonna be in a few weeks and i can't wait till there over and done with.

[image=http://img67.echo.cx/img67/7985/af22at.jpg]

oh man! sorry I cant reply to each message individually today! But geez i really appreciate it DAmnit! XD

4. Valie

Valie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2005
    labpizza: Valie ? Scary thought about the clonewars thing? very scary.. kinda makes me wanna back away. But thanks..

[face_alien] he he...I meant that your art is better. I wish the clone wars looked more like yours. you could do! I know you could!

5. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    Valie:he he...I meant that your art is better. I wish the clone wars looked more like yours. you could do! I know you could!

Yes. indeed... that is whats so scary... o____o

6. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Damn, Grievous looks totally hot... :eek:
    Go on, your art is such amazing... :D

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Holy crap! That's awsome!

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, excellent! What a great Grievous! Looks, tho, from the "sparking cables" around his middle, like he's having a less-than-stellar day... ;) :D Thanks for showing us the WIP (we all love to see those!), and can't wait to see more!

FF

9. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    [image=http://img180.echo.cx/img180/8392/dostopitbylabpizza7eh.jpg]

Took a photo of the stormtroopers up on my monitor... i had another sudden urge to make them sound pome... though that kinda failed. I love Stormtroopers. =P

10. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    lol, that's cool...

But hurry up with Grievous :D

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That Grievous is awesome, labpizza. Nice details and color throughout. :)

As for those stormies - isn't it amazing what you can do with just things that are lying around the house? :p

12. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Ooohh I love seeing peoples work in progress! Especially the digital stuff, its quite intresting to see how others work. That grievous is looking good! :)

13. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    I thought i might write up a apology before i forget to write one! well i'm sorry for not being active and being a total idiot... but i got some exams in three weeks and all i've been doing is studying...

anyway exams will finish in 2-3 weeks! cant wait to come back on the forums again!!

~labpizza

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Don't worry, labpizza--we're a patient lot around here--we'll wait! And good luck with exams (**hates tests of any kind**)! :D ;)

FF

15. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Nice style, hope to see more of this stuff.

16. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    being a bit hyppocritical would you call it. here. but i thought.. I might aswell submit my uploaded pic here.. save some time uploading again another time.

[image=http://img94.echo.cx/img94/3599/greviouslineartjpgfsfsa0ib.jpg]

I did this INSTEAD OF English homework. i hate TEE English thats why im going to try change out. yay!
    I finished that other grevious pic. i dont have enough time to submit it though.

Edit: Finnaly had enough time to fix the link. now its a working thumbnail. yay!

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Cool, labpizza--really liking the movement in his cloak here, with the swirling--it really adds to the impression of motion. Great stuff (but don't skip studying--it's a pain, I know, but it'll be worth it in the end! ;) )!

FF :D

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hehe...drawing's always better than doing homework. I can't remember how many times I'd just use my notebook as a sketchbook instead of listening in class and copying down notes. It gets even funnier when you get into an art school - all the students in the class are doing the same thing. :p

As for your sketch - that's really cool. I like how you did his feet. It makes him kinda look like bigfoot, but the abstract feel works well. :D

19. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Your grievous looks like it's going to turn out great. I like seeing works-in-progress. For some reason, it makes me appreciate the final piece more...

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm loving the Grievous picture; his expression, the stylised cape, all of it. You give the charcter a lot of energy.

21. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Hey labpizza, why don't you post your two finished Grievous pics here, not only at deviantArt...
    Both look really cool, and I love the movement on your recent Grievous pic *gg*

Here are links to labpizza's both Grievous pics:
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/18519909/
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/18806239/

I especially like the first one :D

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek: :_|
    labpizza's been holding out on us here at TF.N!! :_|

;)

Fantastic color on the two that Corran sneaked in here for you, labpizza!! I really, really like the most recent Grievous, now colored--great "swooping" with the lightsabers (how in the world did you do that...?)! Great stuff--and I hope exams aren't too tough, especially with your study time being abbreviated...to do art... (looks around with a guilty face) :p

FF

23. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    I thought i'm not going anything at this point in time - i might drop by! because i looove this place!

FalconFan - That's good advice. but i can't sudy when i'm at home.. too.. meny. destractions!! argh!

FalconFan - Wee. noticed the big feet thing huh? I did it for the LOVE of His feet! i love Grevious' feet!! so.. um... cool... though i didnt like his feet in epIII. aww.

Corran_Fett and FalconFan - Arrgh! sorry! usually and normally i'd post here first... but i didnt have enough time. and i didnt have enough time to post those images here!! arrgh.. but thanks for the help corran_fett.. that just saves me some time. yay!

Just a little note to say!! i'm happy to read your comments! and it's just the thing i wanna hear after a day's worth of harsh, sad sudying! wee!

24. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    K i got some quick sketches i done while I got bored n' stuff. done quick because of my lack of time. etc. Aww!

[image=http://img295.echo.cx/img295/6249/rebelpilotsmall2es.jpg]
    Um. he's a rebel pilot. with a nose ring. The helmet dosent look like the ones from the movie.
    oh yeah. for some reason i spelt pilot wrong in the pic. must of been sleepy.

[image=http://img295.echo.cx/img295/850/lukeishcrapcrolour5qf.jpg]
    A drawing i did for the love of luke skywalker!

---
    oh yeah! HanSolo29 I still havent seen may's challenge.. even though may is over. is there a june Art challenge?

25. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Both of those are really nice! I love your style :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.