main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive labpizza art (UPDATE 29/09/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by labpizza, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Hi labpizza, nice to see you back in the forum.

The Luke pic was one of my favourites, so it's great to see it coloured. I like the way you have given the picture a kind of muted-green colour-scheme, with Luke's lightsaber blade really standing out as the only brightly coloured object; also I like the mist you've put around him (and you didn't resort to using the air-brush tool, which is so tempting but leaves pictures screaming "I used a computer to colour my work!").

I hope you get a chance to post more of your work, I really like your style of drawing.

2. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Smooth! I'm going to keep telling jokes that no one gets if I keep getting cookies! :D

Your last image is wonderful! The muted tones suit the down-trodden expression on Luke's face, adding to the whole moody feel of the work. Your stylisation is wonderful here, it really looks great with the semi-realistic style colouring, a contrast of two styles that produces a great result! The faint stylised wind/mist looks great here too! I'd love to see more darker works like this from you...it looks so good! :D Well done on a great update!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, yeah!! Great piece, labpizza!! I'm with Rogue on this one: combining the realistic "painting" and shading with the stylized linework is a wonderful contrast visually, and really makes this unique. I love the colors--so appropriate to Dagobah--and the eerie mist is just perfect. The expression on Luke's face is somewhere between fear and determination--almost as though he's heading into the Dark Side cave... Wonderful work, and it is great to see something new from you! =D=

FF

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    HK-47 would probably not be too thrilled to hear himself referred to as 'cute'. :D

Great job on your last Luke. I love the smoky, dark atmosphere with the glow of his lightsaber showing up so brightly. And it's so cool how you can sort of see his eye behind his hair... that was a cool way to handle transparency.

5. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    [image=http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1218/greviousredsketch9eq.jpg]
    Hey.. um.. look its grievous. He?s got 6 light sabers heheh...
    I cant get his feet right and I cant get his head right!
    Damneth thee!

I got more sketches n? stuff to post?.

BUT TILL NEXT TIME!!!
    Buwhahahahha!

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey labpizza!! Where've you been hiding?? ;)

I really like the Grievous piece--very stylized and very cool--who would've thought he could battle with lightsabers in both feet?? :cool:

His positioning, the billowing cloak--all of it looks very dynamic. It would add a lot, I think, if you finished this with some deep and dramatic shading, all over his metal body and especially in his tattered cape--it would give the entire thing volume and impact. This is a great lineart, tho--good job!

FF

7. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    wow labpizza !

I love your art. It looks great. I really love your Obi on the first page.

Ry

8. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Heh, your Grievous is very cool :cool:

I look forward to seeing more sketches.

9. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Okay, as promised some pictures.
    Apologies for the crappy ness (as usual) but I got artists block and it doesn?t make me feel happy =(

[image=http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5839/018do1.jpg]
    This one?s a old one, I didn?t post it (at least I didn?t) because it needed working on, months past and its still the same! Lol!

[image=http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5826/025rt.jpg]
    I tried outlining this on computer, how I failed at that? anyhow Luke on Tatooine. How original =P

[image=http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4511/036no.jpg]
    Sorry about the blurry-ness? but having a broken scanner doesn?t work to your advantage.
    I was trying out something new with the shading and stuff?

[image=http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3349/045vj.jpg]
    Whatever Possessed me to draw a Ewok I don?t know? but I needed to DO Something about my artists block

[image=http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5863/051qv.jpg]
    A friend came over with some coloured inks! So I played around with it on a crappy picture for the sake of not caring what happens to it?.
    And this is the result.
    The person is meant to be me, but it looks nothing like me =P

Whelp! that just about does it... I bought pastel paper today, cant wait to try it out <3
    Happy Living!

10. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    :D I really love your style!

Great Luke drawings, and the ewok is cute...

11. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Those are cool. My favourite is the Ewok drawing - I like the way you've given a curve to the body and the legs - it makes the stance very realistic.

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "Crappy-ness...?" I beg to differ! :D

Great Luke pieces, labpizza! I like them both (and that scene with Luke and Yoda is one of my all-time favs, so it's automatically a fav! ;) )!

The 'trooper drawing looks pretty cool: the perspective from above is great, sort of like we're hanging in a tree just above him, and he's just gotten the feeling that he's in trouble! I like that cloak over his shoulders, too--sort of like the camoflage capes that the rebels wore in ROTJ. Cool!

And I like the Ewok, too--soits is right that the pose is very fluid and natural. Nicely done!

Colored "inks?" As in washes, or pens...? Nice vibrant colors--how did you like them? I've never tried anything like that before--just the colored pencils for me so far! It's good to try new stuff sometimes! And I don't think that's a "crappy" drawing, either!

Cool stuff!

FF

13. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    I loved the colours of the last one and your drawing-style is beautiful. And that Yoda is great! =D=

Marmida

14. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Hi Folks,

Labpizza has finished artwork for the wallpaper section of my website.

Here

Thanks C I love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.