main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Alright, we're in the final stretch now!

What is your ideal sundae/dessert?

2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I gave them up. Time to get serious about my health.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Who is the sexiest member of the JCF you've ever interacted with?

4. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    How should I know? It's not like they send me boudior photos of themselves.

If any of the (female only, please) members of the forum would like to send me such pictures, however, they will be gratefully accepted and carefully evaluated. PM me via the forum to arrange things.

5. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    You can't tell by posts? I can. :p

What are your hopes for the Sequel Trilogy? Do you even want them to happen at all?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, me too.

7. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    My guess is that we will never again hit the highs of Empire and Jedi, but also never again hit the lows of Phantom Menace and AOTC. I expect Abramswars to be a lot like Abramstrek. The Onion got that movie just about right when the first Abramstrek film appeared a few years ago:

If Episode VII is a "fun, watchable, action-packed thrill ride" and "a delightful action-adventure movie and a surefire hit", I'll be happy with it.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Narutakikun

Okay, we're just about done here. But before we let you go, there's just one more thing I have to ask:

Is there anything I didn't ask you that you'd like the folks of LACWAC LACWRAC LAAC Star Wars TV to know? Now is your chance to tell us whatever you want to tell.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    I like Ike.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Fascinating.

ALRIGHT, LET'S ALL GIVE ANOTHER ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR OUR INTERVIEWEE, NARUTAKIKUN! [face_party]

It's been fun, and I can safely say I can actually spell your name with ease now.

And now that my interview is over, I leave the thread to everyone else to ask Narutakikun any questions they have until the next interview commences.

Until next time, this is Todd the Jedi, doing other stuff or something. Peace! :cool:

12. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Also, an Indiana Jones reference :p

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay, 07jonesj is up next. Akash has kindly asked me to do this interview in his stead. If I could once again ask either Seerow or SithStarSlayer to change the title of the thread, then I will get started sometime today.

14. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah, my bad. I sometimes forget there's three mods here. [face_blush]

*Ahem*, anyway....

Despite the forum's name change, this thread will continue to exist as the LACWAC member interviews. I for one welcome the new Star Wars TV name. :D

And look at our influence! Now star wars community and Literature are holding their own versions of member interviews. I think we should give a hand to Seerow for starting a great new trend throughout the JCF. =D=

And now, without further ado, we return to your regularly scheduled programming...

16. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Come one, come all!
    Prepare yourselves for an interview of slightly epic proportions!
    Welcome to this edition of our....
    LACWAC!!!!
    MEMBER!!!!!
    INTERVIEWS!!!!!!
    *Applause*
    Let's hear it for our brave subject,
    07jonesj!
    (give him a hand, he's british!)
    [face_party]
    [face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party]
    [face_party][face_party][face_party]
    [face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party]
    [face_party][face_party] [face_party][face_party]
    [face_party]
    .....Ahem. =P Now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business. (I swear, that's it for theatrics.....until next time)

I will be asking our guest a variety of questions, ranging from personal to Star Wars, and specifically TCW-related. As usual, some questions will be stolen borrowed from other interviewers, and some will be original. You never know which ones I might or might not use. ; )

And remember, 07jonesj, to tag me every time you respond. I don't need to keep track, I just like to boost my ego. =P

So without further ado, let's begin!

1. Tell us about your username, why you chose it, what it means, etc. And what is the best way to address you?

17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    =D= Oooh an interview with the Shadow Broker. This I cannot miss! :cool:

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Thank you, thank you all. ^:)^

I most definitely approve of the colour (yes, with a "u"!) scheme.

The username, I'm afraid, has a rather uninteresting origin story, though I'm sure some will state it reveals some things about me. Six years ago, I was thirteen years old, and the secondary school I attended had just installed a new login system for the school computers. My login was 07JonesJ. My surname being "Jones", my first name being "Jamie", hence the "J". So you can thank the local IT guy for my username!

For some reason, it stuck, and I often use it across the interwebs. Every time I sign up for something, I think to myself that I could change it, but I never do.

As for what I get called, the internet often calls me by my username for obvious reasons, though many also like to call me "Jonesy", which I always find odd, as I have never been called that in real life. I actually am referred to by my full name by many of my friends. It just seems to roll off the tongue.

As to which you should refer me to as, I really don't mind. Pick which you think suits me best, or what you enjoy using. You're the one saying it after all!

Oh, yes. The obligatory ego boost. Todd the Jedi

May I also say you look spiffing today?

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I think I'll stick with Jonesy. ;)
    Why thank you good sir! You are likewise dashing today. (no homo)

07jonesj let's talk about the source of your avatar. Mass Effect is clearly a franchise you are very much invested in. Just what is it about this series that draws you to it?

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Todd the Jedi

Yeah, I love Mass Effect. I actually played the original game because of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Game developer BioWare were making another sci-fi game? I'd be damned if I wasn't going to check it out.

It resulted in what I consider to be one of the most enjoyable stories in gaming, and that's purely because of the characters. You play as a character (whether that be a man or a woman) called Shepard, and you can influence how they grew up, how their career has been thus far, and you pick all of their dialogue. This makes Shepard very much a conduit for you, the player.

My avatar is of Liara T'Soni. Starting out as a shy archaeologist, through personal losses she hardens, becoming more ruthless and developing a desire for revenge. As Shepard, you're able to bring her back from degenerating further down that path, but she never returns to her shy self. She maintains a middle ground, happier and kind, but unforgiving of her enemies. Seeing that development happen over time - the games total at around 150 hours - is an amazing experience.

That's just one of the characters. There are 20 "squadmates", which are given the most focus, but there are countless more characters not on your crew that are both memorable and interesting.

It's a series that has made me laugh out loud and driven me to incredible sadness (not tears, but close). Seeing a hardened bounty hunter who never gives up get frustrated at not being able to conquer a claw machine at the arcade on downtime while an hour later you're watching an entire species being exterminated demonstrates just how much of an emotional rollercoaster it is.

It speaks of the focus on characters that the final game in the trilogy has a last celebration party you can throw before the final battle, and that party lasts 90 minutes. 90 minutes of pure dialogue and interaction between the characters. No combat, just awesome. And that party changes depending on your choices through the trilogy, how you treat characters, how your relationships develop.

There are also some great looking space battles. In a way, the reasons I love Mass Effect are very similar to the reasons I love Star Wars.

I'll try to end this wall of text here, I could, after all, talk about Mass Effect for the next 20 pages. Suffice it to say that if a story can get me invested in it's world and it's characters, it really connects with me. That's what this sort of entertainment is for me. Other worlds, other people.

Circular_Logic and Mia Mesharad like this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    07jonesj

Besides SW and ME, what are some other franchises you are passionate about? Which would you say you love the most?

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Todd the Jedi

There's quite a few really. For TV, I love Battlestar Galactica (and Caprica), Fringe and Lost, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and Doctor Who (and Torchwood). In games, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Dragon Age, Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy (select entries) Halo, Mass Effect, Portal, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, The Witcher, The Walking Dead (yep, the game is great too).

All have great characters with strong development. I know this has ended up being just a big list, but to go into detail on why I like each one would be a very long post.

I watch movies too, but due to their shorter length, they tend to leave less of an impression on me than a TV show, a game or a novel. I've also read a ton of books, with the crowning jewel for me probably being A Song of Ice and Fire.

As you can probably tell, good stories are very much my taste. It'd be very difficult to pick the greatest out of that list, as each story has given me something unique.

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    07jonesj

What do you look for in books? Obviously you love good characters and stories, but what else? Does length matter? Publisher, author, cover art, etc.?

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Todd the Jedi

I prefer longer novels, and hardly ever read short stories or novellas. Who the publisher is doesn't effect my purchase, and neither does the cover art (though if there are more than one edition of a book, I will buy the one I think looks nicest).

If I enjoy a book, I will often search the author up on wikipedia to see what else they've written. If anything catches my eye, I'll consider reading that. Otherwise, I'm open to reading a book written by anyone as long as it's premise interests me.

Generally, I read fantasy/sci-fi, though I've been recommended mystery/horror/historical novels and read them if the first few chapters intrigue me.

In terms of the format, I actually prefer to have a real book made of paper in my hands than an e-book, though I do own a Kindle, and buy books for that from time to time. I have a feeling we're going to see actual books phased out in the coming decade, and see them become more of a collector's item, while e-books become the normal format. I figure it's a good idea to get used to using a Kindle, then. :p

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    07jonesj

Tell us about your life as a Star Wars fan. What came first, your interest in Star Wars or your interest in TCW? Any interest in the EU?